• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Just fed about a thousand artifacts into the strongbox for Crimson Witch and got zilch. Thanks game. The domain sucks and even the strongboxes can't save me. I only got two Dendro goblets and they're both ass too. We're off to a great start with this patch.

crumbs

God damn, that was a long ass Archon quest. I started playing right after the servers came up and just finished it 10 mins ago. Not bad HYV, not bad. I could have done without all the running back and forth, but I like the story part of it.

I'm fucking exhausted now and have to be up for work in like 4 hours. Fuck.
The server maintenance didn't end until 10:30p eastern, so I just did my dailies and few weeklies for the BP and logged off. I had to resist the urge to start exploring Sumeru because I knew I'd end up staying up way too late :messenger_sleeping:

Oh cool, her skill is more akin to Yun Jin I guess. And her Burst kinds infuses. Not bad actually.

Yeah, Candance looked more interesting than I had anticipated. Cyno looked like Razor on steroids.

LordCBH

God damn, that was a long ass Archon quest. I started playing right after the servers came up and just finished it 10 mins ago. Not bad HYV, not bad. I could have done without all the running back and forth, but I like the story part of it.

I'm fucking exhausted now and have to be up for work in like 4 hours. Fuck.

I didn’t get to play cause tuesdays are starfinder night. All I got to do was pull for characters between turns in combat. You def making me excited to play when I get off work though.

Dregnel

Nilou's passive talents require all of her teammates to just be either Hydro or Dendro.
Ego Nwodim No GIF by Saturday Night Live

I somehow skipped the entire intro story and just waltzed right into Sumeru City. There wasn't much to do there, so I turned on quest tracking and only then found out I was supposed to get a cutscene. Very strange.

crumbs

Oh this is amazing... is it live? I'm still updating.
Yes, it's been live since the 2.7 update. I can confirm it works: I did 8 Leyline blossoms on Monday night and they show correctly as 8/20 completed in the BP after the 3.0 update.

crumbs

Wait. Since 2.7? :pie_thinking:
I made the same mistake for the previous BP and I don't think it added the missing bosses.
I didn't try it on the 2.7 update since I didn't know about the change at the time, but it also worked (for me at least) on the 2.8 update.

Edit: Also, to be clear, it only counts the completed weekly BP missions. It doesn't count daily BP missions from before the update.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Cyno's Kit.
He's 5★ Razor.

25% more rewards instead of 25% less time is GOOD, though.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I didn't try it on the 2.7 update since I didn't know about the change at the time, but it also worked (for me at least) on the 2.8 update.

Edit: Also, to be clear, it only counts the completed weekly BP missions. It doesn't count daily BP missions from before the update.
It works. It even tracks the spent mora.
HUGE QoL for me.

Pejo

So Cyno looks cool. At first based on his normal attacks I was extremely disappointed, but then that burst..... dayum. I hope it's a low cooldown and cost though, because he looks boring as fuck to play until he uses it.

Candace leak was right on, Hydro infusion and Beidou/Yunjin counter. Wonder who's going to be able to take advantage of her infusion... Xiangling could self vape I guess, but I doubt that's the best use of it. Well, Saber Saber I think it was you that wanted the Hydro claymore, so now any claymore user can be one. Her attack string is very Spartan-like, I dig it.

The confirmation on Nilou's passives is really really disappointing. I will say that Dendro/Hydro is a lot of fun after playing around with Collei for a few hours last night, but I don't know that I would build a whole team around it. The little bud things take way too long to explode to be useful. I've already killed everything and have moved on by the time they explode currently, unless you Burgeon them manually. I feel like 2-3 seconds is plenty of time to keep them up before they pop.

A few thoughts about current patch:
  • Quicken/Aggravate is STRONG. My Keqing was hitting for about 4-8k crits normally, but after proc'ing the buffs, she was doing like 18k normals, and doing them fast. Again, the hardest thing to gauge is that most enemies I've fought so far are so weak that they die before I can get a real feel for things.
  • Sumeru is beautiful. Everything moves and sways, it feels very lush and alive. The new traversal nodes are a huge help getting around. The city looks small from the outside but is actually quite large, and so far the puzzles have been above average on difficulty.
  • Dehya looks fantastic, we know for sure she's Pyro Greatsword. PLEASE be a good kit. If she's a healer I'll be over the moon.
  • Kusanali has already grown on me, I was probably going to roll for her anyways, but she cemented that. Great character, complex, thoughtful. Even the fact that she's a kid ties in to everything in a meaningful and relatable way. The EN VA does a great job too.
  • LOTS of lore drops and important info given out during the archon quest regarding our purpose, the inner workings of Teyvat, archon info, Irminsul, etc. More than all of version 2.0-2.8 combined. Even confirmation that Kathryne is a series of Fatui puppets likely controlled by Sandrone.
  • Sumeru music is fantastic. I love both the city and port themes, the battle theme is great.
  • NPCs got a huge buff in variation. There are lots of different NPCs models in Sumeru, from different skin tones, body types, ages, animations, etc. It makes it more believable instead of running into Teppei, then Teppei with glasses, then Teppei with a goatee, then Teppei with orange hair, etc.
  • Archon quest NPC was more interesting and well done than 2/3 of the hangouts quests. Like Zhiqiong from the Chasm, they're getting a lot better with this.
  • Collei is a lot of fun to use. Very basic kit, but I like grouping and lining up enemies to hit them with her boomerang. I haven't fought the monster for her upgrade mats yet though, so she's level 20 and dies if an enemy farts near her. Very in-lore though. She's also a more complex character than average, with a bunch of depth in just the few quests we've had with her so far. Alhaitham was pretty cool too, but his headphones and "half off" jacket look stupid as fuck. Otherwise he'd be one of the better male character designs. MHY always gotta fuck with something. Tiggy I didn't care for, boring character.
  • I've been mispronouncing almost everything related to Sumeru in my head, including 'Sumeru' itself.
Anyways, great patch so far, and I haven't even started exploration yet.

Saber

So Cyno looks cool. At first based on his normal attacks I was extremely disappointed, but then that burst..... dayum. I hope it's a low cooldown and cost though, because he looks boring as fuck to play until he uses it.

Candace leak was right on, Hydro infusion and Beidou/Yunjin counter. Wonder who's going to be able to take advantage of her infusion... Xiangling could self vape I guess, but I doubt that's the best use of it. Well, Saber Saber I think it was you that wanted the Hydro claymore, so now any claymore user can be one. Her attack string is very Spartan-like, I dig it.

The confirmation on Nilou's passives is really really disappointing. I will say that Dendro/Hydro is a lot of fun after playing around with Collei for a few hours last night, but I don't know that I would build a whole team around it. The little bud things take way too long to explode to be useful. I've already killed everything and have moved on by the time they explode currently, unless you Burgeon them manually. I feel like 2-3 seconds is plenty of time to keep them up before they pop.

A few thoughts about current patch:
  • Quicken/Aggravate is STRONG. My Keqing was hitting for about 4-8k crits normally, but after proc'ing the buffs, she was doing like 18k normals, and doing them fast. Again, the hardest thing to gauge is that most enemies I've fought so far are so weak that they die before I can get a real feel for things.
  • Sumeru is beautiful. Everything moves and sways, it feels very lush and alive. The new traversal nodes are a huge help getting around. The city looks small from the outside but is actually quite large, and so far the puzzles have been above average on difficulty.
  • Dehya looks fantastic, we know for sure she's Pyro Greatsword. PLEASE be a good kit. If she's a healer I'll be over the moon.
  • Kusanali has already grown on me, I was probably going to roll for her anyways, but she cemented that. Great character, complex, thoughtful. Even the fact that she's a kid ties in to everything in a meaningful and relatable way. The EN VA does a great job too.
  • LOTS of lore drops and important info given out during the archon quest regarding our purpose, the inner workings of Teyvat, archon info, Irminsul, etc. More than all of version 2.0-2.8 combined. Even confirmation that Kathryne is a series of Fatui puppets likely controlled by Sandrone.
  • Sumeru music is fantastic. I love both the city and port themes, the battle theme is great.
  • NPCs got a huge buff in variation. There are lots of different NPCs models in Sumeru, from different skin tones, body types, ages, animations, etc. It makes it more believable instead of running into Teppei, then Teppei with glasses, then Teppei with a goatee, then Teppei with orange hair, etc.
  • Archon quest NPC was more interesting and well done than 2/3 of the hangouts quests. Like Zhiqiong from the Chasm, they're getting a lot better with this.
  • Collei is a lot of fun to use. Very basic kit, but I like grouping and lining up enemies to hit them with her boomerang. I haven't fought the monster for her upgrade mats yet though, so she's level 20 and dies if an enemy farts near her. Very in-lore though. She's also a more complex character than average, with a bunch of depth in just the few quests we've had with her so far. Alhaitham was pretty cool too, but his headphones and "half off" jacket look stupid as fuck. Otherwise he'd be one of the better male character designs. MHY always gotta fuck with something. Tiggy I didn't care for, boring character.
  • I've been mispronouncing almost everything related to Sumeru in my head, including 'Sumeru' itself.
Anyways, great patch so far, and I haven't even started exploration yet.

Its actually my brother Fake Fake who wanted, but I will be the one picking Candice(will call her this now).
But I'm not sure I understand, does that means she gives Hydro infusion to all your team members?

Also its a first from me since long, but so far I have zero criticism about Sumeru. Its just looks like...Genshin is being handled by a different person entirelly.

Last edited:

Pejo

Its actually my brother Fake Fake who wanted, but I will be the one picking Candice(will call her this now).
But I'm not sure I understand, does that means she gives Hydro infusion to all your team members?
Yea just like Chongus/C6 Bennett, I'd assume. Only melee characters, not bows or catalysts. The leaks didn't show a "field" effect, so I'm not sure if she has one or not, probably does. Like a circle you have to stand in to be imbued.

Man, it's just raining Collei's. Great news if this is true:

xxmhwy0opnj91.jpg

Fake

Gold Member
Nilou will still be my target because she could do a better hydro job without the element reaction.

Still curious about her gameplay. The news about her limited core don't scary me at all. OP chars are kinda boring.

Fuz

Banned
Fucking finally. ToF shamed them on this regard.
I bloody love that there's a statue IMMEDIATELY when you enter Sumeru. I hated going blind in Inazuma ffs.

Autism moment: am I the only one who's bothered they call her "Lord" Kusanali?

Last edited:

Pejo

00pdi3fanoj91.png

Your 2nd anniversary celebration, ladies and gentlemen. (7-day log-in).
iu

Well, guess it's time to dust 'em off lads.
oyhwibxxk2r71.png

You know, for as shit as the anniversary was last year, this was probably the most united the Genshin fanbase has ever been.

*edit*

Fucking finally. ToF shamed them on this regard.
I bloody love that there's a statue IMMEDIATELY when you enter Sumeru. I hated going blind in Inazuma ffs.

Autism moment: am I the only one who's bothered they call her "Lord" Kusanali?
I'm almost 100% positive the Lord thing is a translation thing, but yea I thought it was weird too.

Last edited:

Pejo

WTF this weapons are great.

They're really going all in on EM builds for Dendro... I wonder if it will actually touch straight crit/cdmg builds. This to me just looks like diluting the pool even further on which stats you want to aim for, for min/maxing. I don't personally care either way because I don't autistically farm artfiacts for best-in-slot stats.

Fake

Gold Member
They're really going all in on EM builds for Dendro... I wonder if it will actually touch straight crit/cdmg builds. This to me just looks like diluting the pool even further on which stats you want to aim for, for min/maxing. I don't personally care either way because I don't autistically farm artfiacts for best-in-slot stats.

Fun fact: only the spear is for free in the events.

I guess the others new weapons are from gancha.

crumbs

WTF this weapons are great.

That Xephos sword has nearly the exact same stats as Iron sting, but with a passive that's actually useful for Kazuha. Nice to see some decent 4 star weapons, but these are probably limited to the the weapons banner :messenger_neutral:

Wow, that anniversary is trash. How hard is is to do something fun and exciting for your anniversary? Hope they get review bombed again until they learn.

I don't have her yet, but Collei's sounding disappointing too. Apparently even Dendro Traveller is better.

Saber

Migh ask you guys since I never saw this comission.

So, that Fatui guy in the church? He is leaving for good. Is this comission new or just stupid rare?

crumbs

So, that Fatui guy in the church? He is leaving for good. Is this comission new or just stupid rare?
I think this is kinda new, as in the last few updates, but not new for v3.0. It was introduced in v2.4

Did you get his other commission (when you can ask him about the Fatui and Tsarisita) at least 3 times (so you can ask all 3 questions)? His commissions are pretty rare and I'm still waiting for another one to get the last Fatui achievement.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

Leaving? Not sure. His commission is very rare toh.

STUCK.jpg

Just thought it was kinda funny. I'm stuck in that little gap for a while.

"Rangers need to dress uncospicuosly to be invisible in the forest"

Tighnari:
8afc626dc21657c985cdbbc0c599b883

Why the fuck are there so many pictures of clowns in forests?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Quite surprise playing with Collei. Even low level she is doing quite good.

BUUUUTTTTTTT... start to farm all those materials again is a living hell.

I using the Windblow bow for her, is decent for a free weapon.

Fake

Gold Member
lol
rank lvl 5
The following effect will trigger every 10s: the equipping character will gain 64% ATK for each point of Elemental Mastery they possess for 12s, with nearby party members gaining 30% of this buff. Multiple instances of this weapon can allow this buff to stack. This effect will still trigger even if the character is not on the field.

Pejo

God damn Sumeru has a LOT of content. My quest log has 17 entries currently and I've just been doing the Rana questline thinking it would be just a few blips on a map and a "quest complete!" 4 hours later and that's not the case. I had to stop in the middle because it's already fucking late again. I didn't even realize that the free Collei was the beginning of a quest that opens a whole event with like 6 pages of shit to do on top of it.

I will never understand why they pour on the content at the very start of a new area. The world quests/exploration/story quests are more than enough, but to hit us with a big event like that on top of it, it just feels like overkill. Then in a few weeks towards the end of the patch, we'll be sitting there twirling our thumbs and doing double leylines 3 times and logging out. They could at the very least just give us a week to unlock shit and explore before hitting us with an event, IMO.

Listen to me complaining about too much to do in the game...

I finally found and fought the mushroom chicken boss, he's quite a bit of fun. Lots of variables in the fight, and you can totally knock him out of commission with Dendro+Electro, then just wail on him. One of the best material bosses in the game, for sure. He hits fucking hard too though, when you get hit.

I feel like the general combat difficulty has shot up quite a bit in the overworld in Sumeru. The enemy movesets are faster, have better tracking, and there's more elevation/terrain to take into account. I also like how animals are an actual thing now instead of just a boar that runs at you for 20 dmg and pisses off.

I am personally not using Zhongli for Sumeru exploration, and it's been much more interesting and I'm actually having fun in standard encounters. Also, I dunno if you guys have tried out a Quicken/Aggravate Dendro+Electro team, but I highly recommend it. Keqing and Collei are destroying large groups of mobs, even faster than my pimped out Yoimiya can do in some cases. Can't wait until I get Collei built up enough to not die so quick. I have to be very cautious when I use her boomerang because of the animation lock and her inability to survive more than 1-2 hits. She's level 50 now, but I ran out of those blue mushroom things to evolve her any further until reset. Got a killer Dendro Damage % Goblet already too, part of the gladiator set but the subs are ATK, ATK%, Crit, and HP. EM would have been better in this case, but compared to the DEF riddled artifacts I usually get, it's godly.

BJK

Haven’t even found time to post, there’s so much to do in-game.

Won the 50/50 for Zhongli, who’s now C2. Seeing co-op party members getting the free shields when I hit the burst is a welcome benefit. Could try to luck out another copy…but I’d rather start saving for the Dendro archon. Added bonus of drawing is that I got Collei, meaning I can focus on grinding out leveling materials before doing her quest.

Speaking of which…took awhile to find the Dendro boss, but happy to see they put a teleport close to the fight. I’ll start worrying about Dendro reactions starting today, since I can start working on talents for Dendro Traveler….whose skill seems decent enough.

Adding bleed enemies to withering zones is a dick move…but that’s what Jean is in my party to deal with.

Saber

I'm overall pretty positive about this content.

If theres anything I would complain would be the fact that you still can't equip multiple gadgets at same time. I would obviously complain about Xynian, but it's a lost case at this point.

edit: Oh yeah, and I don't like the music from the bird boss fight.

Last edited:

Pejo

Don't forget you can add more team slots now, but they're not in by default. You have to go to your party menu and then hit the option to "Create new", up to 10 teams. I was finally able to have all of my pre-made teams at the ready, feels good. Now if only it didn't take so long to load the party interface. I think there's keyboard shortcuts for it on PC, but I was playing on PS5 when those released so I'm not sure what the shortcuts are. Anybody know?

I can't wait until this weekend when I really have some time to put in and play. I've got at least 10 hours into Sumeru already and my progress bar at the reputation NPC says it's only 3% explored. Holy fuckballs. Granted I've been skipping chests as I'm doing the various unlocking quests to try to get through them as quickly as possible, but still. The quests are much higher quality this time, with various objectives, actual response variance (you can be a smartass or a goodygoody and the NPCs have different answers depending on how you respond).

Pejo

Meanwhile, ToF Pejo Pejo

wxizali9trj91.jpg
variety see GIF

I know it's probably not, but I have to ask - is that official art? I'm pumped for Frigg, she ended up getting various balance adjustments, but she gets Ice resonance after all, which is nice for both current and future viability. Also, version 2.0 is getting fast tracked, so we'll have a whole new map with multiple areas and various game improvements MUCH faster than CN version got it. Estimates are around November for 2.0 release, they're teasing it on the official twitter.

Saber

Don't forget you can add more team slots now, but they're not in by default. You have to go to your party menu and then hit the option to "Create new", up to 10 teams. I was finally able to have all of my pre-made teams at the ready, feels good. Now if only it didn't take so long to load the party interface. I think there's keyboard shortcuts for it on PC, but I was playing on PS5 when those released so I'm not sure what the shortcuts are. Anybody know?

I can't wait until this weekend when I really have some time to put in and play. I've got at least 10 hours into Sumeru already and my progress bar at the reputation NPC says it's only 3% explored. Holy fuckballs. Granted I've been skipping chests as I'm doing the various unlocking quests to try to get through them as quickly as possible, but still. The quests are much higher quality this time, with various objectives, actual response variance (you can be a smartass or a goodygoody and the NPCs have different answers depending on how you respond).

I did as soon as I got Dendro Traveler.
Like I said previously, the team consists on Barbara/Fichlz/ Dendro Traveler/Keqing. And it's worked the way I predicted, Dendro is all about reaction so using a Dendro just to mark people while the others do heavy duty it's a great idea(and just take a note that Traveler still in very low level in terms of talents). The conjuction of Traveler Burst, Fichlz Skill and Barbara auto-attack is surelly a good combo. I must warn you guys that doing dendro cores can be risky when enemies can use electro, specially against that stupid wolves.

Also, maybe it's not something you notice since you play on PC but loading teams is PS4 is now incredibly smooth. The worst aspect of GI playing on a base PS4 is when you choose a team, launch them and the game simply freezes for a time and then announces that the team is now launched. Now when you choose a team in less than 1 second the team is already loaded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom