• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Not even primo is a no go for me.
Look at Fake Fake , the Mora-llionaire over here. Won't even glance down for less than 200k.

rich donald duck GIF

Pejo

I'M RICH vibes.

Really, ask for clicks without primo is depressing.
I think the event was mostly about the holiday wishes from the characters, the 20k is just to make you not feel embarrassed about doing an event where you click on a love letter from a fictional character written by a Chinese man and then translated by a Japanese man and finally an American xir. Funny enough, they forgot to translate Ganyu's:
F6xN73U.jpg

Well, 謝謝你的牛奶,山羊小姐 right back at you, Ganyu.

ssringo

Gold Member
So I'm starting to put together gold artifact sets now that I can reliably clear the max rank domains for guaranteed gold drops. Wondering if I should just get a full gold set for the bonuses for everyone and then go back to work on better rng stats. Just farmed a bunch of VV pieces for Jean and it's a bunch of HP and Def rolls. Obviously not ideal but at least I have RES shred for her. Perhaps resin would be better spent getting more character ascended so I can actually full clear the abyss. I have 70 fragile resins but I get the feeling that isn't that much when it comes to farming...

Edit: NumLock was off so I didn't put down 70 for fragile resins.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I'm starting to put together gold artifact sets now that I can reliably clear the max rank domains for guaranteed gold drops. Wondering if I should just get a full gold set for the bonuses for everyone and then go back to work on better rng stats. Just farmed a bunch of VV pieces for Jean and it's a bunch of HP and Def rolls. Obviously not ideal but at least I have RES shred for her. Perhaps resin would be better spent getting more character ascended so I can actually full clear the abyss. I have fragile resins but I get the feeling that isn't that much when it comes to farming...
I'm probably the worst to give advice for this, but I would recommend just as you said. Get decent pieces that complete either the 2 or 4 pc set effect that you're going for, then move on until you've hit a wall and sniping individual substats is your only upgrade path. That's what I do, but since I also build too many characters, I haven't quite made it back to start seriously farming artifact sets yet. It's also not a bad idea to move on with "ok" sets for supports and farm better pieces for your DPS carries.

Keep in mind there's also an artifact recycler function now that you can feed bad gold-tier artifacts into a shredder that will shit out random artifacts from a particular set of older artifact sets.

Here's the list of what you can recycle into, and how the system works:

So I'm starting to put together gold artifact sets now that I can reliably clear the max rank domains for guaranteed gold drops. Wondering if I should just get a full gold set for the bonuses for everyone and then go back to work on better rng stats. Just farmed a bunch of VV pieces for Jean and it's a bunch of HP and Def rolls. Obviously not ideal but at least I have RES shred for her. Perhaps resin would be better spent getting more character ascended so I can actually full clear the abyss. I have fragile resins but I get the feeling that isn't that much when it comes to farming...
Always spend resin on guaranteed upgrades first. Artifacts are super important and you should get good ones ASAP, but it can take months before you get something decent.

Like you said, being able to clear Abyss is the top priority IMO for the primos that gives you. But Abyss is pretty much impossible without decent artifacts.

Fuz

Banned
Anyone tried the "hard" TCG challenges? Had enough trouble beating 3/3 Cyno and Maguu and wanted to know how much I will rage.

deanote666

Not even primo is a no go for me.

Look at Fake Fake , the Mora-llionaire over here. Won't even glance down for less than 200k.

rich donald duck GIF

I'M RICH vibes.

Really, ask for clicks without primo is depressing.

I lost the count of amount of times I went poor in this game lmao

My sis has over 40m bu hardly any level 90 weapons, max ascended characters, great artifacts.

i used to have Mona mora levels but either I'm not using as much or the AR60 mora really helps.
So I'm starting to put together gold artifact sets now that I can reliably clear the max rank domains for guaranteed gold drops. Wondering if I should just get a full gold set for the bonuses for everyone and then go back to work on better rng stats. Just farmed a bunch of VV pieces for Jean and it's a bunch of HP and Def rolls. Obviously not ideal but at least I have RES shred for her. Perhaps resin would be better spent getting more character ascended so I can actually full clear the abyss. I have 70 fragile resins but I get the feeling that isn't that much when it comes to farming...

Edit: NumLock was off so I didn't put down 70 for fragile resins.
I'd focus on getting decent artifacts first and worry about set bonuses second.

Mismatched artifacts with good stats will be better than a set bonus with bad stat artifacts.

ssringo

Gold Member
Not true for supports like VV set and Noblesse, etc.
And these are the 2 sets I've farmed so far. Noblesse on Bennett and VV for Jean. Next is Severed Fate for Raiden which I'm guessing is where I should actually focus my efforts on good artifacts since she'll take over as main dps immediately on her banner (got everything to max her other than talents).

Pejo

And these are the 2 sets I've farmed so far. Noblesse on Bennett and VV for Jean. Next is Severed Fate for Raiden which I'm guessing is where I should actually focus my efforts on good artifacts since she'll take over as main dps immediately on her banner (got everything to max her other than talents).
Yep, you got the gist of it. Raiden wants lots of ER, but since you are using her as a DPS, you want balanced crit/crit damage/atk in there too. Hope you have a lot of patience because the grind is harrowing.

Also, not sure if you have a weapon already, or are planning on rolling her signature one, but the Catch from the Inazuma fishing shop is a great F2P option for her.

ssringo

Gold Member
Also, not sure if you have a weapon already, or are planning on rolling her signature one, but the Catch from the Inazuma fishing shop is a great F2P option for her.
Yup. Got it to R5 yesterday. I don't think I should mess with weapon banners just yet.

Anyone tried the "hard" TCG challenges? Had enough trouble beating 3/3 Cyno and Maguu and wanted to know how much I will rage.
You mean the ones in the tavern right? Where you play against cats? They're pretty hard. Probably best to use anemo and/or overload to prevent the opponent from doing whatever they want. Against singular enemies, Noelle is really strong.

Fuz

Banned
You mean the ones in the tavern right? Where you play against cats? They're pretty hard. Probably best to use anemo and/or overload to prevent the opponent from doing whatever they want. Against singular enemies, Noelle is really strong.
I mean the ones you unlock at level 7, it's both the cats and the invite characters. I think they only net coins.

I mean the ones you unlock at level 7, it's both the cats and the invite characters. I think they only net coins.
Oh yeah, forgot about the characters because I don't care much for them.

I completed all of the tavern challenges at hard difficulty except for the Maguu. The most annoying thing is probably how slow the game is, and the occasional remarks the cats have which wastes even more time. Get on with it, Genshin.

Pejo

I haven't touched the card game since the first few days. I enjoyed it well enough, but as you mentioned - it's slow paced & clunky, and given it's Christmas and I have lots of shit going on with work, I have barely had time to keep up with dailies and the breakout event in Genshin. I kinda wish they'd spin off the card game into a separate app or part of the Hoyoverse app or something so that I could play and progress in my account without having to load up Genshin and kill my phone battery. I could play a game or two on breaks and stuff that way.

crumbs

I haven't touched the card game since the first few days. I enjoyed it well enough, but as you mentioned - it's slow paced & clunky, and given it's Christmas and I have lots of shit going on with work, I have barely had time to keep up with dailies and the breakout event in Genshin. I kinda wish they'd spin off the card game into a separate app or part of the Hoyoverse app or something so that I could play and progress in my account without having to load up Genshin and kill my phone battery. I could play a game or two on breaks and stuff that way.
100% agree with this.

I've been busy with work travel the last 5-6 weeks and haven't much time to play. Being able to knock out some TCG matches while waiting for a connecting flight would be a nice way to kill time, especially if they released a separate "lightweight" TCG phone app/game instead of being tied the regular "heavy" GI mobile game, which would probably melt my Pixel 7. I don't even have GI on my phone anymore since I don't want to deal with the touch screen controls, but the card game seems designed for touch since it's kinda clunky with a controller.

Saber

100% agree with this.

I've been busy with work travel the last 5-6 weeks and haven't much time to play. Being able to knock out some TCG matches while waiting for a connecting flight would be a nice way to kill time, especially if they released a separate "lightweight" TCG phone app/game instead of being tied the regular "heavy" GI mobile game, which would probably melt my Pixel 7. I don't even have GI on my phone anymore since I don't want to deal with the touch screen controls, but the card game seems designed for touch since it's kinda clunky with a controller.

Sounds like a nice idea, it even ties with the cluncky gameplay. But even the card game I think it was made solely for main game engagement. So I feel like they only want more people to log on their game to play cards, even if they aren't actually playing much of the game. By making a separate game people would logically not need to get in the game(log in), something I think they wouldn't want.

Pejo

By making a separate game people would logically not need to get in the game(log in), something I think they wouldn't want.
They could just add it to the HoYoLab app which already uses your game account and ties into it. Plus then they can market and advertise to you, so it's win/win for them.

*edit*

Just finished the yokai event. Pretty good, I give it a solid 7/10.

Story was good, characters present and interacting with them was good and bittersweet, the "yokai" just being people was kinda lame. Itto was fun, Ayato was insufferable. No light novel mentions in the event proper. Breakout minigame was great, but I'm glad it's limited time. It's one of those things like the tower defense mode and windtrace in that they're fun distractions but would be a chore to do all the time.

Biggest complaints were the "yokai" designs, even though the main girl was pretty good, the fact Ayato comes in undeservingly at the end at gives us another...

fetchimage

I realize Yae basically did the same thing, but considering she knew the involved parties personally and was directly tied into the story, it made more sense coming from her and didn't feel so forced. Once again MHY shows that they have a really hard time writing "smart" characters.

Shame they don't do a yokai themed event every year around Halloween with more effort put into it, similar to like Windblume festival or Lantern Rite. There are a lot of directions they can take Yokai for interesting stories and mechanics.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Scaramoche quest:

Wait what, you can choose a name for his character? Imma call him Kingdom Hearts or Pinocchio.

Last edited:

Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Don't upgrade any characters for the time being. The genius level team over at Hotta accidentally reverted Global upgrade materials/currency to the CN versions in the update, so it's like 1.5x as costly.

This fucking company, I swear. I've never seen such ineptitude at a grand scale before. There are so many mistakes/blunders/bugs that the community just kinda accepts and handwaves them.

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Don't upgrade any characters for the time being. The genius level team over at Hotta accidentally reverted Global upgrade materials/currency to the CN versions in the update, so it's like 1.5x as costly.

This fucking company, I swear. I've never seen such ineptitude at a grand scale before. There are so many mistakes/blunders/bugs that the community just kinda accepts and handwaves them.

Just weapons or matrices too?

I just upgraded a bunch of matrices two days ago, did I fuck up?
2Rce3.gif

Anyway, the worst thing they're doing is fixing the grappling hook bug that let you fly - but still we have THOSE FUCKING RED DOTS AND NO ONE OF THOSE PIECES OF SHIT IS GONNA FIX IT they bother me so fucking much. I'm very, very salty about the grappling hook fix.

By the way, new twitch drops active.

Last edited:

Pejo

2nd half banners. That's a set of 4*s you don't often see.
anpdwmxepe7a1.png

Fuz Fuz
Got Lyra on 50 rolls. Spent a bit of time in the trial for Tian Lang, and sadly his kit is actually pretty fun. I love the instant gather he has on his hold attack.... Dammit.

Story was good, characters present and interacting with them was good and bittersweet, the "yokai" just being people was kinda lame. Itto was fun, Ayato was insufferable.

Biggest complaints were the "yokai" designs, even though the main girl was pretty good, the fact Ayato comes in undeservingly at the end at gives us another...

Wait what? What did I miss? I did the event and barely remember Ayato being in it. It was mostly Itto, Haizou and later Yae. Ayato never came in the last act for me. Are you talking about the same one with pong minigame?

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Got Lyra on 50 rolls. Spent a bit of time in the trial for Tian Lang, and sadly his kit is actually pretty fun. I love the instant gather he has on his hold attack.... Dammit.
I chose the wrong fucking day to go back to my parents' in the countryside with just adsl and no fiber. The patch is fucking huge.

I also need to pause the fucking update every time I need to check something on internet because it completely clogs the bandwidth. I swear those fucking developers...
NZZ89.gif

Last edited:
Wait what? What did I miss? I did the event and barely remember Ayato being in it. It was mostly Itto, Haizou and later Yae. Ayato never came in the last act for me. Are you talking about the same one with pong minigame?
Ayato is definitely at the festival. I opted not to talk to him. Seems like that was the right choice.

Pejo

Yea he comes in at the end and does his usual gloating about being behind the whole thing. This time it especially feels like they tacked him on just to justify running his banner. You have to complete part 3 of the quest to get the big finale with the cutscene etc, then you can chat with everyone at the camp. He was standing there with Yae if I'm not mistaken.
I chose the wrong fucking day to go back to my parents' in the countryside with just adsl and no fiber. The patch is fucking huge.

I also need to pause the fucking update every time I need to check something on internet because it completely clogs the bandwidth. I swear those fucking developers...
NZZ89.gif
I can't believe I'm saying this, but 2.2 so far has been a... huge improvement. They added indicators for PoI's and chests to tell you if it's above/below you. They changed the number font to something easier to read, lots of QoL stuff like you can open x5 purple chests, and you can up to x3 dimensional dailies now to get rid of 60 stamina in a single run. Glitches and bugs galore, but the game is actually improving in a way too. Also, Lyra is fucking FUN.

mudamudamudamuda.
muda-muda-muda-muda.gif

Lin swimsuit skin shits all over the best genshin skin too, though it's probably going to cost a gorillion dollars when it releases. You can preview all the skins now, including Red Riding Hood Ruby, Icy Cobalt, Lin's swimsuit, and classic Shirli Nemesis. Anyways, it fucked with my graphics customizations so I'm going to have to redo all of that again later, but yea, this is the kind of thing I was expecting 2.0 to be. Major QoL upgrades in lots of ways.

Reactions: Fuz
Yea he comes in at the end and does his usual gloating about being behind the whole thing. This time it especially feels like they tacked him on just to justify running his banner. You have to complete part 3 of the quest to get the big finale with the cutscene etc, then you can chat with everyone at the camp. He was standing there with Yae if I'm not mistaken.

Once I get the quest rewards and see it has vanished from my penindg quest list I just GTFO from there and never bother going through the useless dialogs with the characters around. Seems it was usefulf in this case.

Top Bottom