• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

From Sobek:

From-Sobek.jpg

I wanted it... time ago. Useless now that I can AFK farm with Saki, I would have preferred a copy of a simulacra I already had, but whatever.
Nice! I got 2 Meryls from the weekly boss rush that my clan does, this week. I didn't even see that I got them, but later went in and saw the red dot on her sword and found that I could augment it twice. Then I checked the system chat and saw that they dropped. Figures it couldn't happen before I already A3'd her with black gold, before I got Saki. Ah well.

What do you think of this new event? I'm really happy for the whales, it's about time that an event was made with them in mind. Poor guys must be suffering not constantly showing how they're superior to F2P at every opportunity in the rest of the game. Glad now that the meager "free" resources we get are locked behind a mode that is completely stacked against us. I did 3 fights in a row this morning and barely got 1/10th of the enemy boss's HP down before the whales had mine finished. I think I netted about 60 coins total for my efforts across all 3 runs. This is gonna be a real fun grind to 11,000 points. Hotta really knows how to make fun events.

Fucking idiots should have a points floor that the LEAST you can get is 200 per battle, even if you lose. They're fucking braindead.

Fuz

Banned
Nice! I got 2 Meryls from the weekly boss rush that my clan does, this week. I didn't even see that I got them, but later went in and saw the red dot on her sword and found that I could augment it twice. Then I checked the system chat and saw that they dropped. Figures it couldn't happen before I already A3'd her with black gold, before I got Saki. Ah well.
You always have to top my achievements, don't you?
K8Tdx.gif
Bitch.

What do you think of this new event? I'm really happy for the whales, it's about time that an event was made with them in mind. Poor guys must be suffering not constantly showing how they're superior to F2P at every opportunity in the rest of the game. Glad now that the meager "free" resources we get are locked behind a mode that is completely stacked against us. I did 3 fights in a row this morning and barely got 1/10th of the enemy boss's HP down before the whales had mine finished. I think I netted about 60 coins total for my efforts across all 3 runs. This is gonna be a real fun grind to 11,000 points. Hotta really knows how to make fun events.

Fucking idiots should have a points floor that the LEAST you can get is 200 per battle, even if you lose. They're fucking braindead.
It's shit. The parade is even worse, with that fucking stupid idea of locking it at certain times - all close together. I swear those are the most clueless devs on the planet.
Anyway I did a parade today, it's boring but nets a good quantity of coins. Better to look for a parade taxi in chat, because I have no idea where it starts and goes around all the "parade points" on the map.
By the way, apparently you can gain much more points in PoKemon battles by removing your gear - equipment and weapons.
I won some tbh, a few by a landslide and two by a sliver of HP left. Mostly lost to whales. This goes to reinforce my idea that whales are a cancer on gaming.

ssringo

Gold Member
Well, had a pretty good night for pulls. Got Raiden at 79 which isn't too bad. Got a C3 Sara(!) and C1 Sayu in the process. Decided to pull to the 50/50 and see what happened and got Rosaria and then Mona (who I really wanted) rather quickly. Raiden immediately went to cap but I'm totally unprepared on what to do with these new characters. It seems Sara is a fantastic pair for Raiden (which I knew) but wasn't going to worry about her right away since she'll be a bit of a pain to level having just burned through my electro mats (storm beads...) and I figured I'd only have her at C0. Sayu seems to be very highly rated at C1. Rosaria at C0 isn't far behind and is a cryo (which I have zero of). Mona is hydro (which I only have Barbara and she's sitting at 40) and could be a TTDS weilder. Plus was one of the characters I really wanted. Got a lot of reading to do once I'm done enjoying my new Raiden!

Side note: funny I just mentioned how much I also dislike Mona's alt outfit and now I can see her in her glorious original.

Pejo

Side note: funny I just mentioned how much I also dislike Mona's alt outfit and now I can see her in her glorious original.
One of the first and last best outfits in the game. Shame that leotards are off the table now, they really fit the setting well in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if early Yelan designs had one too.

Hell of a good pickup session for you, saving for her banner sounds like it was definitely worth it. Sounds like you have lots of options available to you now, but it'll be a month or more until you get them all built to a reasonable degree unless you're burning moons or pre-farmed a lot. Particularly those Handguards from the samurai enemies which can be iffy on droprates. Sara is pretty good for a pocket buffer for Raiden, but it's up to you if that's worth the party slot or not. I ended up not liking her in any of my Raiden teams, but I do use her in one of my Keqing teams. If the buff was ~5 seconds longer she'd be useful in a lot more comps. To me, the short duration forces me into uncomfortable rotations for most characters, again, except for Keqing because her cooldowns are all really short.

ssringo

Gold Member
One of the first and last best outfits in the game. Shame that leotards are off the table now, they really fit the setting well in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if early Yelan designs had one too.
I wrapped up Liyue and Yelan's quest a couple weeks back and have become a big Yelan fan. I really like her current design but have enjoyed some bunnygirl Yelan fanart. Leotards?

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Hell of a good pickup session for you, saving for her banner sounds like it was definitely worth it. Sounds like you have lots of options available to you now, but it'll be a month or more until you get them all built to a reasonable degree unless you're burning moons or pre-farmed a lot. Particularly those Handguards from the samurai enemies which can be iffy on droprates. Sara is pretty good for a pocket buffer for Raiden, but it's up to you if that's worth the party slot or not. I ended up not liking her in any of my Raiden teams, but I do use her in one of my Keqing teams. If the buff was ~5 seconds longer she'd be useful in a lot more comps. To me, the short duration forces me into uncomfortable rotations for most characters, again, except for Keqing because her cooldowns are all really short.
Yeah, it was just a matter of time before more options became available. Just had to bide my time. My Keqing is probably going to be who I build a second team around. Be a waste not to since she's already built to 80. Although I am a bit sick of hearing her bitch at me when I afk for 5 seconds lol

Crimsondusk

Honestly, after seeing all the toned down costumes I'm super curious on what the first few characters from Fontain are going to look like. Like, I know it could get worse but I'm hoping it doesn't.

Fake

Gold Member
Will be probably Faruzan design.

I tried one pull on the weapon banner without sucess. Gonna save for Alhaitam banner next year.

Last edited:

Pejo

These designs are cute. I love the green one.
Its just a shame skins on GI turn out that way. They have so much selling potential.
If you haven't played the game she's from, it's Trials of Mana (remake). Came out a few years ago, and it's really good. I highly recommend it. It's a remake of this game from SNES days:

seikendensetsu3.jpg

Honestly, after seeing all the toned down costumes I'm super curious on what the first few characters from Fontain are going to look like. Like, I know it could get worse but I'm hoping it doesn't.
The only ones we've seen from Fontaine so far (which may have changed since censorgate) were Lyney and Lynette:

hw4f0df9scw51.jpg

They will cover up the girl's cleavage for sure now, probably with an ugly puffy shirt like Jean and probably get rid of the boy's garter belt, if I had to guess. Or maybe that's not a boy at all....

Fuz

Banned
If you haven't played the game she's from, it's Trials of Mana (remake). Came out a few years ago, and it's really good. I highly recommend it. It's a remake of this game from SNES days:
They fucked up the artstyle, toh. Loved SoM. Played it in japanese because no translation available at the time, didn't understand jackshit - maybe for the better. No cringe story!

Pejo

They fucked up the artstyle, toh. Loved SoM. Played it in japanese because no translation available at the time, didn't understand jackshit - maybe for the better. No cringe story!
If you mean concept/outside the game art, yea it's changed a bit. The original concept art reminds me of Slayers (the anime). Still, they hit all of the major points pretty accurately, particularly the costumes.
DFLQLGO.png

Angela_Magus.png

The fact that we got what we did from modern Square Enix was just short of a miracle to begin with. It was my favorite remake since Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube, which I consider to be the very best among all remakes.

I am sure you know this, but this isn't Secret of Mana, it's the 3rd in the series "Trials of Mana".

By the way, you see that they hotfixed the ToF event? Now even losses give a few hundred coins. Coincidentally now that they did it, I haven't lost a round against another player. So either they also patched in some fairness between spend levels, or whales got butthurt that they couldn't ruin the experience for everyone and went outside to touch some grass.

Hilary Duff GIF by YoungerTV

You're really gonna feel that .2 seconds. MMMmmmmmMMmmm. Dunno why I was so worried, MHY's got Alhaitham in good hands. Fucking clowns.

Crimsondusk

The only ones we've seen from Fontaine so far (which may have changed since censorgate) were Lyney and Lynette:

hw4f0df9scw51.jpg

They will cover up the girl's cleavage for sure now, probably with an ugly puffy shirt like Jean and probably get rid of the boy's garter belt, if I had to guess. Or maybe that's not a boy at all....
Didn't think about that for the twins XD. I mostly wanted more characters that look like the Og mona (who is actually from Fontain). Or take some examples from persona 4.
fzcTgZP.png
oEhRcjf.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Didn't think about that for the twins XD. I mostly wanted more characters that look like the Og mona (who is actually from Fontain). Or take some examples from persona 4.
fzcTgZP.png
oEhRcjf.jpg
It'd be nice for sure, but I doubt we'd get that, at least without 2 capes 7 scarves and a waistcoat covering the ass. Film Noir/phantom thief/steampunk/maybe even some cowboy themed stuff is kinda the vibe I got from Fontaine info so far. I'm really excited to see how it pans out.

Well Fake Fake - looks like you dodged a bullet, leakers are saying Kaveh is Dendro Claymore now instead of Hydro.
2sfhb14w9r8a1.png

Saber

It'd be nice for sure, but I doubt we'd get that, at least without 2 capes 7 scarves and a waistcoat covering the ass. Film Noir/phantom thief/steampunk/maybe even some cowboy themed stuff is kinda the vibe I got from Fontaine info so far. I'm really excited to see how it pans out.

Well Fake Fake - looks like you dodged a bullet, leakers are saying Kaveh is Dendro Claymore now instead of Hydro.
2sfhb14w9r8a1.png

I though we already knew he was dendro. I swear I saw his vision in the cutscene...

Geez we just saw the guy like a patch ago. People are already thirsty for more Kaveh?

I remember people in the leaks everytime posting about him. I think they feel like its normal to drool over male characters.

Ps: godness, Gaf mobile is giving me headaches...

Last edited:
I remember people in the leaks everytime posting about him. I think they feel like its normal to drool over male characters.
That's to be expected. But the way it was phrased there made it seem like they were desperate to finally get more info. As if he's on the level of Scara, Baizhu or even Dehya where we have to wait months or even years to play them. Bunch of drama queens.

So I got Ayato. is he any good? Does he need his sword from the weapon banner or can do with other 5*/4* swords. I have all other swords except this one.

Pejo

So I got Ayato. is he any good? Does he need his sword from the weapon banner or can do with other 5*/4* swords. I have all other swords except this one.
Seems fine, I am not a fan of him personally and I have C6 Childe so I never put much thought into him. Seems like you'd be fine with Jade Cutter/Mistsplitter/Black Sword/etc. His sword is very specifically only good for him or maybe Ayaka/Keqing, so I dunno if I'd chance the weapon banner until you're sure that you'd use him. Seems like Mistsplitter is just overall a better sword for imbue characters in general.

Seems fine, I am not a fan of him personally and I have C6 Childe so I never put much thought into him. Seems like you'd be fine with Jade Cutter/Mistsplitter/Black Sword/etc. His sword is very specifically only good for him or maybe Ayaka/Keqing, so I dunno if I'd chance the weapon banner until you're sure that you'd use him. Seems like Mistsplitter is just overall a better sword for imbue characters in general.

I normally build new characters while leveling their friendship level and by the time they reach lvl 10 they are decently built. Currently I'm building Nilou, Yae, Hatboy and Nahida. Next in line are Itto, Faruzan, Layla and Ayato will join them. I see his C2 gives him some boost so not sure if I should try for his C2 or his weapon. Probably his weapon for now and his C2 when he returns.

Pejo

I normally build new characters while leveling their friendship level and by the time they reach lvl 10 they are decently built. Currently I'm building Nilou, Yae, Hatboy and Nahida. Next in line are Itto, Faruzan, Layla and Ayato will join them. I see his C2 gives him some boost so not sure if I should try for his C2 or his weapon. Probably his weapon for now and his C2 when he returns.
Jesus did you win the lotto for christmas or something? That's like every character from the past 4 banners.

Reactions: BJK

Saber

I think people say he is a good candidate for a perma frozen team. Maybe you need a Rosaria or Kaeya for cryo burst and then you switch to him as a damage dealer.
Not a fan of Layla and didn't use her much, but I think she could be used in this case as well. Perhaps she needs a energy recharge build.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
2sfhb14w9r8a1.png

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

I have more luck with leakers than the banners. I really want a Hydro Claymore, but to hell with Kaveh.
Kaveh and Mika are the largest skips of all times.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

I'll be honest, I am really done with the main trio. I hope they get a long break after this. 3 Herrschers in 2 patches is fucking stupid, I don't even care that HoO is free with a single stigma box, that's too much spend in a small time. Plus 3 non-event costumes in 6.4. I know it's the CNY patch but come the fuck on MHY. Out of all 3, the only one I really like is Mei. Did you see that if you use a team of all 3, they have a special ultimate?

Anyways, I know they're going to make the Kiana thing non-permanent, though I'd love to see her actually sacrifice herself at the end for the win. The entire end of this story arc has been ruined by their writing. I haven't liked a single thing they've done in the main story since Otto in Kolosten or the Flame Chaser's story, which were both pretty good.

Sucks that Kiana's last suit is just a fucking prom dress. It feels like another case where they're letting women design these characters for a waifu action game, and I hate it.

Dregnel

I'll be honest, I am really done with the main trio. I hope they get a long break after this. 3 Herrschers in 2 patches is fucking stupid, I don't even care that HoO is free with a single stigma box, that's too much spend in a small time. Plus 3 non-event costumes in 6.4. I know it's the CNY patch but come the fuck on MHY. Out of all 3, the only one I really like is Mei. Did you see that if you use a team of all 3, they have a special ultimate?

Anyways, I know they're going to make the Kiana thing non-permanent, though I'd love to see her actually sacrifice herself at the end for the win. The entire end of this story arc has been ruined by their writing. I haven't liked a single thing they've done in the main story since Otto in Kolosten or the Flame Chaser's story, which were both pretty good.

Sucks that Kiana's last suit is just a fucking prom dress. It feels like another case where they're letting women design these characters for a waifu action game, and I hate it.

Yeah that is exactly how i feel, Kiana's outfit is very similar to her last outfit in the gacha, the only thing that this is a little more broken and I only liked Bronya when she is transformed.
Kiana seems more interesting to me with armor or casual clothing, kiana poses like a model in the middle of combat and her personality is not like that.

Fuz

Banned
I am sure you know this, but this isn't Secret of Mana, it's the 3rd in the series "Trials of Mana".
Isn't it Seikendensetsu 3? If so, I think they did the artstyle wrong. It's too plastic and washed out, completely lacks the charm of the original.
Haven't had time to try Trials yet, toh, it's been on my backlog for a while.

By the way, you see that they hotfixed the ToF event? Now even losses give a few hundred coins. Coincidentally now that they did it, I haven't lost a round against another player. So either they also patched in some fairness between spend levels, or whales got butthurt that they couldn't ruin the experience for everyone and went outside to touch some grass.
Few hundred? I was getting 15 for a loss after the patch - which is LESS than I was getting before. Around 300-400 for victories.

Pejo

Yeah that is exactly how i feel, Kiana's outfit is very similar to her last outfit in the gacha, the only thing that this is a little more broken and I only liked Bronya when she is transformed.
Kiana seems more interesting to me with armor or casual clothing, kiana poses like a model in the middle of combat and her personality is not like that.
Agreed. They were building up the whole "knight" persona with her for years only to ditch it last minute. Seems stupid. Also, maybe it's the eyes, but her design seems different now somehow, like her face shape changed or something. I dunno I'll be glad when this arc is done and we can finally move on to Himeko and where she's been this whole time, doing cool shit and getting blackout drunk.

Isn't it Seikendensetsu 3? If so, I think they did the artstyle wrong. It's too plastic and washed out, completely lacks the charm of the original.
Haven't had time to try Trials yet, toh, it's been on my backlog for a while.
Yea is is, but you typed SoM which is the abbreviation for Secret of Mana, which is the first game in the series. I figured you knew the difference, but I was just specifying. The models fit really well in the actual game, even if they seem plastic-ish in screenshots. I really recommend Trials remake highly. It's not too long either if you're not trying to 100% it and just stick to a single playthrough (there's 6 different characters that can be MC and 3 different main stories, so it encourages multiple playthroughs). I'm just a bit curious, did Secret of Evermore release in Italy? It was the bastard child of the Seiken Densetsu series that was only released in NA/Europe, never in JP. It was the same basic gameplay but the MC was a blonde guy and the only companion was his dog.
Few hundred? I was getting 15 for a loss after the patch - which is LESS than I was getting before. Around 300-400 for victories.
So I found out that losses are calculated by the level of your pokemon. You have to open chests in the world (force open is ok) to get currency to level up the pokemon, then the higher level it is, the minimum points floor goes up. Ironically it does nothing for the points you receive when you win, which taps out at like 600~ for mega whales that can nearly 1 shot them.

Fuz

Banned
Yea is is, but you typed SoM which is the abbreviation for Secret of Mana, which is the first game in the series. I figured you knew the difference, but I was just specifying. The models fit really well in the actual game, even if they seem plastic-ish in screenshots. I really recommend Trials remake highly. It's not too long either if you're not trying to 100% it and just stick to a single playthrough (there's 6 different characters that can be MC and 3 different main stories, so it encourages multiple playthroughs). I'm just a bit curious, did Secret of Evermore release in Italy? It was the bastard child of the Seiken Densetsu series that was only released in NA/Europe, never in JP. It was the same basic gameplay but the MC was a blonde guy and the only companion was his dog.
It's been a while, isn't Seikendensetsu 3 the same as SoM3?
Dunno about Evermore, I never owned a SNES.
So I found out that losses are calculated by the level of your pokemon. You have to open chests in the world (force open is ok) to get currency to level up the pokemon, then the higher level it is, the minimum points floor goes up. Ironically it does nothing for the points you receive when you win, which taps out at like 600~ for mega whales that can nearly 1 shot them.
Unsurprisingly retarded.
Weird toh, I have a puppet singer and I leveled up a bit her HP.

Pejo

It's been a while, isn't Seikendensetsu 3 the same as SoM3?
Dunno about Evermore, I never owned a SNES.
SoM indicated Secret of Mana, which is only the first game. The rest of the series is just referred to in English as the "Mana" series. It's always some different word followed by "of Mana". Like Legend of Mana, Secret of Mana, Trials of Mana, etc. Similar to how the Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel etc are called the "Trails" series even though Falcom wanted them to be known as the "Legend of Heroes" series. Nothing to be concerned with at any rate, it barely matters.
Unsurprisingly retarded.
Weird toh, I have a puppet singer and I leveled up a bit her HP.
Yea I went with pure HP/Resistance on my centaur dude, since it's very unlikely that any of these bosses will actually kill anyone. I think mine's up to level 60 something now, but I spent some time hunting purple boxes in Vera now that we can x5 open them.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

My Faruzan project is coming together nicely. Got that Windblume EM bow on her maxed out, everything's level 90, working on talents now. She's a lot of fun to use, but strictly only for enemy groups. I tried doing that talent domain with her with the 2 robots and it took for fuckin' ever to kill them because there weren't enough enemies to create lots of reactions. But with medium to large groups, she really excels and there's a ton of damage, numbers, vortices, triangles, explosions etc. Pretty chaotic, but fun nonetheless. I wish we had a better off field Pyro character other than Xiangling, but maybe that will be Dehya.

Fuz Fuz
The guy that made all the fixes/performance tweaks for ToF added some more stuff and updated them for 2.2. Gonna try it out tonight because the stuttering has gotten worse for me recently.

Reactions: Fuz

Saber

My Faruzan is already with skill at max. She does pretty well. Even though she doesn't deal huge amounts of damage, her skill cooldown is so low that I can keep spamming 2 enhanced arrows. I wish Dendro Traveler has 6 second cooldown though, because they are forcing too much of that character hand with those mediocre yet long recharge kits. 7 second cooldown of a skill that does nothing is retarded.

Pejo

My Faruzan is already with skill at max. She does pretty well. Even though she doesn't deal huge amounts of damage, her skill cooldown is so low that I can keep spamming 2 enhanced arrows. I wish Dendro Traveler has 6 second cooldown though, because they are forcing too much of that character hand with those mediocre yet long recharge kits. 7 second cooldown of a skill that does nothing is retarded.
Yea Dendro traveler could have been pretty usable if it weren't for the high cost burst and especially the shitty/long cooldown skill. Long cooldowns are the opposite of fun in Genshin, so I really wish they'd stop doing it. What team are you using with Faruzan?

Dregnel

My Faruzan project is coming together nicely. Got that Windblume EM bow on her maxed out, everything's level 90, working on talents now. She's a lot of fun to use, but strictly only for enemy groups. I tried doing that talent domain with her with the 2 robots and it took for fuckin' ever to kill them because there weren't enough enemies to create lots of reactions. But with medium to large groups, she really excels and there's a ton of damage, numbers, vortices, triangles, explosions etc. Pretty chaotic, but fun nonetheless. I wish we had a better off field Pyro character other than Xiangling, but maybe that will be Dehya.

Fuz Fuz
The guy that made all the fixes/performance tweaks for ToF added some more stuff and updated them for 2.2. Gonna try it out tonight because the stuttering has gotten worse for me recently.

i got faruzan c6, after testing her for while all I can say is that she's broken.
her only problem is the energy recharge.
After a year playing with hutao + xingqiu to quickly farm the domains I have finally been able to use another group of characters where I include scaramouche + faruzan and getting faster results.

Pejo

i got faruzan c6, after testing her for while all I can say is that she's broken.
her only problem is the energy recharge.
After a year playing with hutao + xingqiu to quickly farm the domains I have finally been able to use another group of characters where I include scaramouche + faruzan and getting faster results.
I'm actually "maining' Faruzan in the team I am using her in, opposed to just using her as support for either of the Anemo manlets. It's kinda like succ Ganyu with tons of reactions. But yea, it's unfortunate that they ruined her energy generation by nerfing it several times. Also that her Burst only does damage one time during the initial use, instead of at each pulse.

Despite that, it's a fairly unique playstyle with lots of swirling going on.

Saber

Yea Dendro traveler could have been pretty usable if it weren't for the high cost burst and especially the shitty/long cooldown skill. Long cooldowns are the opposite of fun in Genshin, so I really wish they'd stop doing it. What team are you using with Faruzan?

Nothing solid yet. So far, Heizou, Fichlz and Kaeya.
Kaeya/Fichlz can allow to both Heizou and Faruzan to do reactions. Heizou burst do about 40~50k, while Faruzan can endless do reactions, thanks to Kaeya very short cooldowns.

Fake

Gold Member
If the leak roadmap is true, I can see Dehya using for those materials yes... unless they want to abandom that sand worm so early.

Top Bottom