• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Gonna skip Alhaitam. I was farming for him.

I'm hoping the marionette character is a hot lady.

We all hope. Miss that in the game. Now even the males got safe from censor.

And is confirmed that dr.Baizhu will be censor.

Last edited:
Light & dark factions sounds cool. I'm sure they can come up with some cool story bits for that.

I'm all for more geo characters, but they have been problematic for a while. They're either not strong enough to compensate for the lack of elemental reactions, or relegated to mono geo teams and def scaling. That's cool if you've invested in previous geo characters, but it discourages everyone else from pulling and doesn't allow for new team comps and play styles. I hope this new geo lady can break the mold and do her own unique thing.

Pejo

*edit*

Page wasn't refreshing, just saw Fake Fake already post the new stuff.

I am just gonna sit this one out and see how it plays out in the game. Right now, I'm not super pleased with the new character designs though, which is a bummer considering I was excited for Fontaine. Ah well, I guess Natlan is my next hopium. Really hoping we get a Genshin variant of best girl from Honkai Impact for the Pyro Archon and she better not fucking die this time.

S8rM5ak4xNzpEfxh_IfE2r6cwUGy8eUbKt3xh-RWwYo.jpg

Looks like they did another Developer Q&A with questions that were totally asked by real people and not just falsified so that the devs could talk about the new features. Yep.

8a1gltwyrcaa1.jpg

Last edited:

ssringo

Gold Member
The 4 star of choice is quite nice though I'm torn on who. Xiangling Constellation or new Xingqui. Gonna have Yelan on that banner who apparently fills a similar role and will get hydro fragments first.

Choose Which One GIF by Bounce

Last edited:

Saber

They spent about a nano-second showing the skins in the v3.4 trailer, so even MiHoYo knows the skins suck and aren't worth highlighting.

Yeah. Ayaka in special is a big nothing burger.
How they watch their own skin and think theres something special about it, thats beyond me.

The new lantern rite festival's theme is music and heavily features Ganyu and Cloud Retainer. Some of the best decisions they've made in recent times. We can actually enjoy music, rather than virtual food or whatever. I assume this is where we'll see human bird. I'm pretty excited for that. The paper theater mini-game looked kinda neat. Rewards are as expected but good. Not too shabby.

Ayaka's outfit is apparently themed after dresses ladies wear in Fontaine. Is this supposed to reference the westernization of Japan during Meiji? It's not an awful concept, but we haven't even been to Fontaine yet, so this dress doesn't mean anything to us. She looks like a doll so maybe it's meant for their female audience.

The 4 star of choice is quite nice though I'm torn on who. Xiangling Constellation or new Xingqui. Gonna have Yelan on that banner who apparently fills a similar role and will get hydro fragments first.
Both of those characters are super common on banners and appear in Paimon's bargains, so I wouldn't pick either of them. Odds are they will appear on 3.4's banners anyway because of the Liyue theme. Yaoyao is the obvious choice since she'll remain "rare" for a while.

Pejo

Just watched the special program. A few thoughts:

Positives
  • New character showcase music continues to be absolute bangers, both Yaoyao and Alhaitham
  • New area looks fucking cool. I know a lot of you are tired of deserts, but I'm soaking this stuff in.
  • 300px-Look_At_Me%2C_I%27m_The_Captain_Now.jpg
  • Look at me, look at me - I'm the fireworks now (looks fun for one of their usual themed race/collect-a-thon minigames)
  • ntsqbDG.jpg

• These motherfuckers are like 50% of the creative talent in the game. World quest and area design leads. If it weren't for these guys and their teams, I'd have probably quit this game a year ago.
  • Lantern Rite this year plays to one of their strengths, Music. No more food bullshit.
  • As expected, but confirmed we can pick Yaoyao for 4* selector.
  • Always like more Cloud Retainer interactions in events.
  • Paper Theater thing looks like it could be fun? I like puzzle events and stuff that mixes up the gameplay over normal gameplay.
  • Venti making a habit of visiting other nations. Hope he gets shit on by the locals again.
Not sure yet
  • Beetle game, might be fun, but it doesn't look like it from the trailer
  • Yaoyao's kit sounds really bad. Other than applying Dendro and healing, she doesn't have to be especially good though, to fill a niche. Needing to run to "activate" her burst after using it is stupid as fuck. Also there doesn't even seem to be a Burst animation this time. 4*s continue their decline into nothingness I guess.
  • Dendro Keqing Alhaitham doesn't even seem to excite MHY. As long as he's fun to play, it's fine though I guess. It seems that C1 is mandatory for the cooldown reduction unless you really hate yourself. Still not sure if I'm pulling for him or not. Leaning "yes" for now, pending his trial.
  • The musical performance with Xinyan and Hu Tao is either gonna be pretty good or mega cringe, I can't decide which it's gonna be yet. I really hope they don't try to stay too in-lore and make Hu Tao rap. Not that I have anything against rap but it's just gonna be fucking awkward if they try it and we all know it.
Negatives
  • Both skins are kinda shit in-game. Lisa's is definitely better and has the correct price associated, but I'd rather have seen something really good. Ayaka's is just fucking awful. Worst one we've gotten yet. The bowl cut looks so stupid without the ponytail.
  • The rest of the events might as well have been generated by an AI at this point. Especially the battle events. Wonder how they'll dress up some basic ass buffs to force you to use specific elements this time.
  • Enemy NPC designs continue to be better than playable character designs. I really like all of the new Eremite designs, and we'll never get them as playable.
  • Xinyan talking. I don't mind her on screen and related to the event since music. But that accent.... (I know, I know - "EN dub lol")
  • That fucking underground snake boss. Fucking sick of him already and I haven't even fought it yet.

Saber

No, they like men in skintight suits like Alhaitham and the obvious BL bait the devs throw in semi-regularly.

No wonder I notice Alhaitan was kinda overbuffed in those artworks with free prymo codes. He is clearly made with the purpose of being eye candy for the girls.

crumbs

• Enemy NPC designs continue to be better than playable character designs. I really like all of the new Eremite designs, and we'll never get them as playable.

I agree with most of what you wrote, but the above really hits home, especially with regards to MIka and some of the fussy Fontaine leaked designs from earlier this week

MFW when choices are one new character and all other already C6 characters.

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

Pretty much. It's not a tough decision when so many characters are at max cons.

Fake

Gold Member
The problem with Lantern are the lack of chars from Mondstad. Thats why people at this rate already have cons from those picks.

My Lisa and Razor could use some constellations for a change.

Pejo

I agree with most of what you wrote, but the above really hits home, especially with regards to MIka and some of the fussy Fontaine leaked designs from earlier this week
Yea. And the designs in their other games are doing just fine. It's like they're making shitty ones in Genshin on purpose for some reason.

Look at these Honkai outfits (CNY themed):
44lw0d9yny8a1.gif

ry0mkmtxny8a1.gif

And new characters
gnpntydyjt8a1.jpg

966F5A712F82DACBF32795C6AD405D0ABE6AF32A

Maybe they should collab their character design teams. I mean I know Honkai is a bit more bombastic with their animations and designs, but Fischl fits perfectly in as a collab character, yet we've gone so far from the relatively good designs of early Mondstadt/Liyue characters. The new Eremites with just a few tweaks to improve the overall character model quality would be a huge improvement over what we've seen lately.

The problem with Lantern are the lack of chars from Mondstad. Thats why people at this rate already have cons from those picks.

My Lisa and Razor could use some constellations for a change.
Well it is basically Chinese New Year (Genshin version), so it makes sense that it's only Liyue. But yea they should do different selectors for different region events, IMO. 1 per region per year doesn't sound like a big ask, considering lots of people have C6 of a lot of 4*s by now.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So they had the balls of putting Venti in the trailer and make him talk about Liyue, while making the actual Archon of Liyue stay silent all the time?

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Pejo Pejo I hope they put the 6.3 trailer music somewhere in the game, it's probably one of the best pieces they've done for honkai in a long time, and the drop at the end is super smooth and completely fitting for combat music. Also Rita is best girl, not fire-corpse ;P

Pejo

Pejo Pejo I hope they put the 6.3 trailer music somewhere in the game, it's probably one of the best pieces they've done for honkai in a long time, and the drop at the end is super smooth and completely fitting for combat music.
Agreed. They really need to update the combat music in general. It's all so muted and boring. After a new patch drops, I give it a week or so until I shut off the music and play my own stuff in the background instead. Bronya's is ok, but I'm still a huge fan of the old Aponia theme. It's a crime that it's not in the game.

The piano coming in and out is so damn good. Pardo's was also excellent.

Also Rita is best girl, not fire-corpse ;P
O0bunLv.jpg

Fake

Gold Member
Dehya have HP mechanics on her kit and she get HP% bonus from ascension.
Her 5* Claymore have Critical Rate as secondary attribute. 608 ATK if lvl 90. Her 5* Claymore design appears at the anime trailer promotion of Sumeru.

Can't say for Mika because fuck Mika.

Last edited:

Pejo

Dehya have HP mechanics on her kit and she get HP% bonus from ascension.
Her 5* Claymore have Critical Rate as secondary attribute. 608 ATK if lvl 90. Her 5* Claymore design appears at the anime trailer promotion of Sumeru.

Can't say for Mika because fuck Mika.
Man, MHY just HAVE to fuck something up with every non-archon. Apparently Celestia's true power is not letting the absolute fuckheads at the character design team touch their kits. I guess it's better than DEF scaling, but only marginally. The worst part is HP ascension stat. That guarantees she'll be hard as fuck to build for anything other than explicitly what MHY wants you to use her as. Want to use her as on-field DPS? Good luck with that 1300 max ATK, peons.

Well, I guess its time has come...

TheBell_BCard.png

Fake

Gold Member
Man, MHY just HAVE to fuck something up with every non-archon. Apparently Celestia's true power is not letting the absolute fuckheads at the character design team touch their kits. I guess it's better than DEF scaling, but only marginally. The worst part is HP ascension stat. That guarantees she'll be hard as fuck to build for anything other than explicitly what MHY wants you to use her as. Want to use her as on-field DPS? Good luck with that 1300 max ATK, peons.

Well, I guess its time has come...

TheBell_BCard.png

People are all over the place saying 'finally some use for the bell clarymore' lmao.

Well, the good side is she is not DEF related. HP is not half bad and if you put two hydros on her team maybe she can shiny.

Pejo

People are all over the place saying 'finally some use for the bell clarymore' lmao.

Well, the good side is she is not DEF related. HP is not half bad and if you put two hydros on her team maybe she can shiny.
Meme build with Candace, and build Dehya as Hydro damage % for self vapes.

Spin Chess GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Pejo

The one nice thing is that her signature weapon has crit rate, and Burning can't crit, so she's unlikely to be the "Nilou of Burning" like some were speculating. Still not safe from Burgeon though...

Fake

Gold Member
Was she 'mark' foes affected by burning? Or get marks from leaving foes with burning?

Maybe 'removing the mark' is the main source of her damage. That damage maybe can crit.

Top Bottom