• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

SSfox

I like Mika, and if his kit leaks are true he may be a top notch support for NA characters

Dehya is def my fav female design wise, was planning to go for Yelan next but if Dehya is great i'll go for her instead.

Last edited:
Yes, GI is a BOTW clone. Similar stamina bar, silimar cellshading, similar climbing, similar lightning strike, food mechanic 'almost' similar (can't tell much about the food, never played BOTW).

There was two unique things on GI, one is hot girls, but RIP, the other are the element/elemental reaction, but those days I don't even know if MYH make a big deal about.

Only in terms of open world, climbing, gliding etc. and food maybe. But the other stuff like characters, their skills, weapons, events etc. is totaly different from BotW and maybe copied from somewhere else. GI did copy from a lot of other games but they have created a unique amalgamation IMO.

Pejo

Only in terms of open world, climbing, gliding etc. and food maybe. But the other stuff like characters, their skills, weapons, events etc. is totaly different from BotW and maybe copied from somewhere else. GI did copy from a lot of other games but they have created a unique amalgamation IMO.
It was also a lot worse during the beta. They straight up had copied the animations from Bokoblins from BotW for early Hilichurls, and a few weapon animations were suspect as well. These mostly all got changed in the full release and shortly thereafter though.

I think it's very much an amalgamation of several games like you said, but it feels unique.

BotW I would call a physics based exploration game with light/workable combat. Genshin is an elemental reaction based combat game with exploration and story. Almost none of the physics in genshin are actual physics, it's almost all just pre-canned animations. Extremely well done, but pre-canned all the same.

Fuz

Banned
jrywsf3.jpg

Saber

What game is Genshin a clone of? BotW? I would say it copies the open world look and feel from BotW and several other elements from other games but it is not an exact clone of an exactly similar game before that. I could be wrong.

Clone of BoW in the core aspects of exploration, climbing, stamina and tower level I think. The creator of GI said it took alot of inspiration from it.
But as I said, the point is that GI brought something new to the table, which is elemental reactions, skills and burst. Also it took away some negative aspects of BoW like weapon breaking and stamina penalty when is raining.

Thats the shit I'm talking about. Really looking foward to her, hope she doesn't dissapoints.

Last edited:

Pejo

So Kaeya skin got a leak too. I don't hate it. He looks a bit like a circus performer but its sufficiently different and doesn't look awful like past skins.

pmyw41pyju9a1.png

I guess this means that the Amber/Sucrose skins are on the backburner for now.

Pejo

Uhh.. Cryo Catalyst bros... (Not a video, don't try to hit play)

juisha40zs9a1.jpg

tzx53v90zs9a1.jpg

Signora died so Mika could thrive, apparently.

Saber

I'm hoping Dehya ends up being a 5 star Bennett cause I'm tired of him being in all my teams.

The way they are creating 4-stars to be like between mid to terrible, thats possible.
Though outside of her skill, I'm not sure how will she work. She could be either damage dealer or buffer/support. Still strange from the early leaks, needs more concrete info.

ssringo

Gold Member
Just started Sumeru last night. Dehya immediately made a good impression so definitely looking forward to more info about her. Read a couple "leak" speculations that were putting her as off field damage Pyro. Though another one I read was she had a defense buff. So maybe a defensive version of Bennett? Then again I generally don't put much weight into leaks since I have no clue who is even reliable for them.

Regardless, pulling on her banner!

crumbs

I think v3.3 is my least favorite patch so far, with the caveat that I wasn't playing during 2.0 - 2.2. I've had little time to play due to work plus other holiday season obligations and it still feels like there was no content in this patch. The card game is fine, but I don't enjoy it enough to invest the kind of time the game seems to expect of me.

Probably a good time to get caught up with other games.

Last edited:

Saber

I think v3.3 is my least favorite patch so far, with the caveat that I wasn't playing during 2.0 - 2.2. I've had little time to play due to work plus other holiday season obligations and it still feels like there was no content in this patch. The card game is fine, but I don't enjoy it enough to invest the kind of time the game seems to expect of me.

Thats exactly my stance and my worries before this patch launched.

Pejo

Don't forget that COVID is also exploding in CN again. High death counts, lots of lockdowns. I think that reflects on current content a bit too. 3.3 is definitely a filler patch, but I look at any patch without new areas launched as filler patches, simply because their events, no matter how good, can't carry a whole 6 week patch. I really liked the Breakout! minigame, but that was a total of like 30 mins of gameplay, said and done.

I'm actually ok with the occasional filler patch like the current one, because it gives me a break from FOMO and burnout that I usually get after content heavy patches. With the next 2 patches for sure giving us new large desert areas, I'm glad I got a breather.

If there's anything I didn't want more of, it would be desert areas. The first one was kinda cool for the sake of variety, but having to go through that two more times is less than appealing. A shame since forest Sumeru is just top tier quality.

Pejo

If there's anything I didn't want more of, it would be desert areas. The first one was kinda cool for the sake of variety, but having to go through that two more times is less than appealing. A shame since forest Sumeru is just top tier quality.
From the beta leaks, this next area is more cliffs/chasm like than the windy dunes of the previous desert area. They haven't created any truly awful areas since Inazuma, so I have faith that it'll be good.

Fuz

Banned
I wish they stopped with their "the map is a puzzle" and went back to more relaxing and realistic landscapes. I'm doing commission in Lyiu and it's a joy to explore and run around without all that hassle of later nations.

Saber

I wish they stopped with their "the map is a puzzle" and went back to more relaxing and realistic landscapes. I'm doing commission in Lyiu and it's a joy to explore and run around without all that hassle of later nations.

Thats why Moonstad still the best area to explore. No bulshit, no stupid tranversal mechanics , no spam of enemies suddenly appearing in every corner, areas worth climbing, etc.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Made the difficult decision of skip Alhaitam. I don't want to fucking fight Scara and the new worm boss that keep 99% of the time underground.

Gonna make a huge save for the hydro claymore, if exist. Others things I need are Sayu cons, Colei cons and Razor cons.
I start to suspect the banner take those things into consideration. Is more easy for me to get a 5* weapon/char than Sayu. They really know I play with her a lot.

Just posting this nightmare fuel for when I need it for something later.

q996c7pl92aa1.jpg

Why didn't I listen to you.

edit: I forgot to mention guys, any of you receive the feedback survey asking 'why' you don't fight against the new weekly bosses?
They ask me twice.

Last edited:

ssringo

Gold Member
Made the difficult decision of skip Alhaitam. I don't want to fucking fight Scara and the new worm boss that keep 99% of the time underground.

I had to look this up. It's NOT the one in the Chasm? There's ANOTHER one?!?!

I'm farming that asshole in the Chasm when I have some spare resin for future Yelan and it's so obnoxious. The dickhead doesn't even drop the right fragments! For ANY of the character that need his drops!!

Fake

Gold Member

I'm farming that asshole in the Chasm when I have some spare resin for future Yelan and it's so obnoxious. The dickhead doesn't even drop the right fragments! For ANY of the character that need his drops!!

Will be similar looking at the video.

As I posted many times ago, MYH team discuss about methods of forcing players to spend more time inside the game, and thats the result.

Making bosses without get target, immune at some paterns, long ass animations until you can do damage. You end up spending more time inside GI no matter what strong is your team because the boss keep getting into their invincible phase.
Even fight against the new cubes are terrible. The new dendro cube, some times he even bug out and keep in the iddle animation more time than usual.

Last edited:

Pejo

A few more shots of Focalors(?).

wavy scarf jacket tail ass cover curly flowy hair bullshit out of 10. I'm really disappointed in this. I was hoping we'd see some designs without all this wavy shit for Fontaine. At least the jacket is different but damn I really hate that everything has to have flowy clothes.
akxyd65hi6aa1.jpg

Closeup of the eye.
nh8aia7pz4aa1.png

Little droplets. Man, somebody is getting fired from MHY and then executed.

*edit*

Another. Man I like that jacket, shame they had to overdesign the shit out of it with all the feathers and layers.
itbr6zdo15aa1.png

Looks like Lyney's still in the game, but either Lynette got destroyed or transformed to cover her up. Or it's a different character altogether. More boring shorts. I think it's safe to say at this point that all of the females will have the safety shorts and be designed around it. Lame.

mdfseidg36aa1.jpg
rh98vhwg36aa1.jpg

Possible story leaks:
aidhx0sb54aa1.png

Last edited:

Saber

There will be a new one for the new Desert area(which will be like Chasm), this time is not mechanical. And yes, it will consume your time by going underground, just like this stupid one from Chasm.

A few more shots of Focalors(?).

wavy scarf jacket tail ass cover curly flowy hair bullshit out of 10. I'm really disappointed in this. I was hoping we'd see some designs without all this wavy shit for Fontaine. At least the jacket is different but damn I really hate that everything has to have flowy clothes.
akxyd65hi6aa1.jpg

Closeup of the eye.
nh8aia7pz4aa1.png

Little droplets. Man, somebody is getting fired from MHY and then executed.

*edit*

Another. Man I like that jacket, shame they had to overdesign the shit out of it with all the feathers and layers.
itbr6zdo15aa1.png

Looks like Lyney's still in the game, but either Lynette got destroyed or transformed to cover her up. Or it's a different character altogether. More boring shorts. I think it's safe to say at this point that all of the females will have the safety shorts and be designed around it. Lame.

mdfseidg36aa1.jpg
rh98vhwg36aa1.jpg

Possible story leaks:
aidhx0sb54aa1.png

Is this a boy or a girl?
Looks terrible imo. I dunno whats exactly the theme here. Is that a circus troupe outift? And whats up with the colored hair concept art?
Got a bad feeling about this one...even the tall female concept does not look good.

Fake

Gold Member
More like Circus folks.

At the least the first picture have their legs naked.

Last edited:

SSfox

Me opening reddit this morning
95f.gif
shocked-joey.gif

Those leaks are getting out of hand, never seen situation at this level. (TBS Looks cool btw)

Gonna make a huge save for the hydro claymore, if exist. Others things I need are Sayu cons, Colei cons and Razor cons.
I start to suspect the banner take those things into consideration. Is more easy for me to get a 5* weapon/char than Sayu. They really know I play with her a lot.

Why didn't I listen to you.

edit: I forgot to mention guys, any of you receive the feedback survey asking 'why' you don't fight against the new weekly bosses?
They ask me twice.
I'm sure Al won't take a while to come back.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I'm depressed at these designs.

One of the better ones I guess, but she's got Mona censorship with a big ass floof.
fy0xzpsui8aa1.png

Looks like a puppetmaster of some sort
k6xjdjoze8aa1.jpg

This one's not bad, but hard to tell details.
3zvjnlvak9aa1.jpg

Lyney
mdfseidg36aa1.jpg

Looks like Lynette stlil exists, this is the best pic we have of her so far.
o9xblbfhd6aa1.png

Not sure what to think of this one yet. Might be good, might not.
9satqt52e8aa1.jpg

And then Focalors (speculation).
3dd5sr2jq4aa1.png

Also the leaks "community" is having a pissing match with each other and some MHY employees are fucked because their employee watermarks were on some of the leaked materials.

Saber

One of the better ones I guess, but she's got Mona censorship with a big ass floof.
fy0xzpsui8aa1.png

Hey at least this one isn't bad. I actually like her.
But I think they told this is an early concept.

Pejo

Hey at least this one isn't bad. I actually like her.
But I think they told this is an early concept.
I like the theme but I can't help but see the pre-censored Mona-tier design and it just bugs me.

LD3hYN1.jpg

Like you could just rip the main body of Mona's censored costume, copy/paste it onto the blonde, then add a bunch of frills and the ass cover and bam, new character.

*edit*

She's carrying a vision on her hip, so I doubt it's the archon. All three characters look very similar. Hopefully there's more variety.
Could just be for show, Zhongli has one too.
73190d797d7da18cec6bbb1bfeeacbb3.jpeg

Last edited:

Dregnel

fy0xzpsui8aa1.png

Looks like a puppetmaster of some sort
k6xjdjoze8aa1.jpg

This one's not bad, but hard to tell details.
3zvjnlvak9aa1.jpg

Lyney
mdfseidg36aa1.jpg

Looks like Lynette stlil exists, this is the best pic we have of her so far.
o9xblbfhd6aa1.png

Not sure what to think of this one yet. Might be good, might not.
9satqt52e8aa1.jpg

And then Focalors (speculation).
3dd5sr2jq4aa1.png

Also the leaks "community" is having a pissing match with each other and some MHY employees are fucked because their employee watermarks were on some of the leaked materials.
what a clown party.
clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

SSfox

Just realized the blond girl may be ... geo!! I'm one of those few Geo fans so that may be POG? + I like her design

Fake

Gold Member
I have Nillou, sry.

If he was like Samurai X or Inuyasha with vortex skill I would 100% get him at first banner.

I'm hoping the marionette character is a hot lady. Apparently there's 11 confirmed Fontaine characters currently. 5 are teen girls, 2 tall women, 1 loli, 2 tall men and 1 boy. Not all of them have been leaked yet.

Top Bottom