• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

ssringo

Gold Member
Man, even partially built and no real artifacts I'm having more fun playing Sayu than I am Raiden (and I'm loving her). I must've not paid attention during her earlier trial (or was too noob). She also seems to be top tier for overworld exploration. I love discovering things everyone else (probably) already knows!

p5CmNhc.jpg

crumbs

Kinda wish we had ATVs to get around the desert.

Edit: Removed the reddit link, so here's the whole video:

Last edited:

Pejo

Kinda wish we had ATVs to get around the desert.

Edit: Removed the reddit link, so here's the whole video:

Damn what a high quality fan video. Really makes me sad to see how much potential MHY is leaving on the table with their in-game stuff. Particularly the cool shit that characters can do with their gimmicks. I though they really sold Yelan's wires in this vid. Dehya surfing on a sword is ...eh.. but it looked cool anyways. Yelan using her Burst animation at the end was a really cool moment, they used it really well.

Wish he didn't need to bring vehicles into the equation, but still really cool. Gave me kinda early RBWY vibes.

I forgot to mention, there's a fanart HoYoFair going on right now, which is why you'll see a lot of these fan vids around this time. Here's the full video with all the fanworks if anybody's interested.

Fuz Fuz if you thought the Yelan/Dehya one was cringe, you better not watch the whole thing. It was the diamond in the rough of this stuff. There's particularly some live action cosplay stuff in there that nearly turned my stomach inside out.

I went into the comments of those skins on Reddit, expecting to see them clap and cheer, but surprisingly even reddit hates Ayaka's costume. You know it's bad if those shit-eaters look at a turd and go "no, I don't think I'll swallow that thing and then ask for seconds"

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz if you thought the Yelan/Dehya one was cringe, you better not watch the whole thing.
Oh, don't worry!

I went into the comments of those skins on Reddit, expecting to see them clap and cheer, but surprisingly even reddit hates Ayaka's costume. You know it's bad if those shit-eaters look at a turd and go "no, I don't think I'll swallow that thing and then ask for seconds"
Really? "Normal" sub or leaks sub? Leaks sub is waaaay more reasonable than the other white knight chicken pen.

Fuz

Banned
Yea it's the leaks sub. Main sub has MHY employed mods so leaks always get silently murdered there.
They're not leaks anymore or I wouldn't have asked.
Unsurprising anyway, the leaks sub is more critic of hoyo's bullshit.

Pejo

So I just found out that the guy that made that Dehya/Yelan animation actually IS an ex-RWBY animator. No fucking wonder. That guy's good.

Also, official NYE art from MHY:

uwfu91o3b99a1.jpg

Look at that, featured is the Genshin savior character on the highest grossing banner of 2022. Yoimiya just can't stop winning

Last edited:

Pejo

Have you guys been having problems in this Windtrace where you can't use the disguise as a rebel? It happens the whole way through the match for me, and it happened in 3 separate games already. Basically when I hit the disguise button, a puff of smoke appears but I never transform into anything. Moving closer further from the hunter or overhangs or fields or whatever doesn't matter, it just stays broken the whole round.

deanote666

Have you guys been having problems in this Windtrace where you can't use the disguise as a rebel? It happens the whole way through the match for me, and it happened in 3 separate games already. Basically when I hit the disguise button, a puff of smoke appears but I never transform into anything. Moving closer further from the hunter or overhangs or fields or whatever doesn't matter, it just stays broken the whole round.
I had an issue where I tried to turn invisible but didn't but possible I hit the wrong button.

Pejo

What's that? New years eve art not enough for you greedy little piggies? Well MHY got you covered. Enjoy New Years Day official art featuring The Liyue gang. Look at that, they remembered Shenhe exists.

pwcnqt41wc9a1.jpg

Apparently this one is from the JP twitter account:
zr4hggidvc9a1.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

Welp got Ayato at 80, so won 50/50 which has been a bit rare recently lol

I gave him the Kazuha quest weapon, seems better than Skyward. I'm risking Yelan but it's worth it. Very cool and fun.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
So I just found out that the guy that made that Dehya/Yelan animation actually IS an ex-RWBY animator. No fucking wonder. That guy's good.

Also, official NYE art from MHY:

uwfu91o3b99a1.jpg

Look at that, featured is the Genshin savior character on the highest grossing banner of 2022. Yoimiya just can't stop winning

Nice to see Deyha giving some shot. She is badass and her dialogue is quite good on the game.

Pejo

Cloud retainer getting an in-game model, looks like. This picture says "not playable" but the actual translation is "may or may not be playable".

q3gysy3efl9a1.jpg

Supposedly a better translation:

1: afraid to get caught so I won’t say too much: pretty figure, wears glasses, proud personality, adult woman, might not be playable, will be able to be seen in the pv, believe it if you want, if not, then forget it.

2: wears glasses.

4: about cloud retainer, xianxia style, skirt resembles crane wings, very beautiful.

5: the pants are similar to Shenhe, resembles how Shenhe looks like a bird from the back, wears glasses, hair seems to be a ponytail, very pretty and looks good together

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Isn't tall female basically Shenhe model? I think shes the tallest female.
If she isn't playable not sure I would care for a npc, unless it has something to do with the main story.

Isn't tall female basically Shenhe model? I think shes the tallest female.
If she isn't playable not sure I would care for a npc, unless it has something to do with the main story.
Jean, Shogun, Yelan, Shenhe, they're all about the same size.

If they're making an entire human model for her and give her elemental powers, they might as well go all the way and turn her into a playable character. On the other hand, people have been asking them for more unique and recognizable NPCs, and when they do people turn around and start criticizing it.

ssringo

Gold Member
Cloud Retainer was already one of the more unique and recognizable NPCs. Don't see why they'd choose her specifically for a makeover unless it's content related (new story and/or playable character).

Early impression, not sure how accurate:
9iwQpQg.png

Some say she's cryo, others that she's anemo. I'm hoping for the latter.

Edit: Klee skin leak? Looks too good to be true. Also talk about a free Kaeya skin.
59LW00v.png

Last edited:

deanote666

Archon quest question

Major spoilers

Question regarding the forbidden knowledge. Greater Lord erased herself to remove the forbidden knowledge from the tree. But what about the forbidden knowledge capsules and the people that used them? Did Nahida fully purify the knowledge from them without erasing them from the tree? If so, then why couldn't she purify Greater Lord? It mentioned she weas helping the people in the 3 Magi quest but don't know if she was somehow purifying the corruption or just easing the symptoms.

Pejo

9iwQpQg.png

I like this design a lot. It's a full culmination of the Ganyu/Shenhe style, but definitely looks distinct enough. Cloud Retainer is the best living adeptus, so I would definitely roll for her, should she be playable. Like Fake Fake , I wish for Hydro Claymore for her, but I would accept any element. It'd be thematically cool if she would be a support for Shenhe/Ganyu, though I don't know how you'd do that. Maybe she'll be another Cryo imbue for Shenhe and enable her to be a carry. Now excuse me while I go huff that copium.
Edit: Klee skin leak? Looks too good to be true. Also talk about a free Kaeya skin.
59LW00v.png
Way too interesting/ different from the original to be true. I do like it a lot though, doubly so if it doesn't have that huge backpack. I feel like I'm playing as a lump when I use Klee currently. This looks like fanart for people trying to make her more Alice-like, which I approve of, but I don't think MHY is capable of good skins.

We also still have Sucrose and Amber's "fairy tale" inspired costumes from the old rumors yet to appear, so I'm putting this Klee one in the "likely fake" category.

Saber

9iwQpQg.png

59LW00v.png

Way too good to be true.
Most of skins nowadays have lame themes and are more akin to reskin/recolor than actually new clothes.

Also about the retainer...not bad actually. I think that if you they want to cover their body, at least put a good design behind it.

Pejo

So those leaks are confirmed fake. Just 2 leakers having a pissing match and making shit up.

If for some reason you actually care to read the details, it can be found here

3.4 gonna be busy if it features both Dehya and Cloud Retainer. Must just be some early appearance in a quest or something right? I'm not saving fast enough otherwise. Kinda want to get Nilou too, and slowly start preparing for Fontaine.

Fake

Gold Member
3.4 gonna be busy if it features both Dehya and Cloud Retainer. Must just be some early appearance in a quest or something right? I'm not saving fast enough otherwise. Kinda want to get Nilou too, and slowly start preparing for Fontaine.

I can totally see Cloud Retainer at Lantern event, take into consideration since the first lantern event without nothing about her.

Is like getting closer than Baizu playable. This guy is like since the alpha.

Mika show up early as well, so.

Pejo

3.4 isn't going to have playable Cloud Retainer, they're introducing her in human form in the event video. I wouldn't be surprised if she's just in that 2D art like "young madame Ping" last year for the Gooba event.

3.4 is Alhaitham/Yaoyao/Yelan/Hu Tao/Maybe Shenhe? This will likely just be her introduction in non-crane form.

Dehya is 3.5, along with chocobro Mika.

Pejo

So I finally finished twink's archon interlude tonight. Pretty good quest all things considered. Named him Waft.

Who do you guys think the woman's voice was at the end? Focalors (Hydro archon)? It wasn't Alice, but maybe another off-worlder? Maybe Gold (Albedo's creator) or Mona's teacher?

crumbs

So I finally finished twink's archon interlude tonight. Pretty good quest all things considered. Named him Waft.

Who do you guys think the woman's voice was at the end? Focalors (Hydro archon)? It wasn't Alice, but maybe another off-worlder? Maybe Gold (Albedo's creator) or Mona's teacher?
Seems like the community likes the Istaroth/Kairos theory since she's the goddess of time and is one of the 4 "shades" of the Primordial One. She's mentioned by the different names in a lot of the lore and was worshipped in Enkanomiya and Mondstadt.

Pejo

Seems like the community likes the Istaroth/Kairos theory since she's the goddess of time and is one of the 4 "shades" of the Primordial One. She's mentioned by the different names in a lot of the lore and was worshipped in Enkanomiya and Mondstadt.
Interesting. I have a personal theory we're going to come back to Mondstadt and do a whole chapter via time travel where we go back to past Mondstadt to see a story unfold for ourselves as to what happened with Istaroth. I think Mondstadt will be the final chapter before Celestia and it'll be a separate map like Enkanomiya where we see a vastly different terrain and get a whole new map of collectibles/events/quests/etc. Possibly even several time periods where we bounce back and forth, like changing the islands in the Archipelago. In fact I think that mechanic may have been a test bed for it.

There's the situation that the whole existing Mondstadt chapter is the prologue and not a numbered chapter, along with the fact that Venti is clearly hiding a bunch of shit and even says stuff like:
*Yawn* That was a refreshing sleep. Ah, Traveler, we meet again! What? You don't remember me? Ahaha, well, allow me to join you on your quest once again. I must see to it that the bards of the world tell the Traveler's tales!
as his default "hello" voice line.

Couple that with the two time temple devices still standing, one on the mainland and the other on that island, and the fact that the entrance to the abyss is located near Mondstadt, I'm almost positive we're going to see more Mondstadt towards the end of the main story. I assume she's gonna play in to the greek-like statues we've seen in "old" areas of Teyvat too.

Saber

Yet another event where you are forced to equip an item for the sake of an event. When they gonna ever stop that stupidity?

Another Genshin clone?

Genshin itself is a clone, with some new takes. Thats the important thing about being clones.
This one looks like its offering more, like mount and swimming underwater. Genshin should have already mount by the time they were developing Sumeru. Exploring these senseless wide deserts on foot is a terrible experience.

Last edited:
Yet another event where you are forced to equip an item for the sake of an event. When they gonna ever stop that stupidity?

Genshin itself is a clone, with some new takes. Thats the important thing about being clones.
This one looks like its offering more, like mount and swimming underwater. Genshin should have already mount by the time they were developing Sumeru. Exploring these senseless wide deserts on foot is a terrible experience.

What game is Genshin a clone of? BotW? I would say it copies the open world look and feel from BotW and several other elements from other games but it is not an exact clone of an exactly similar game before that. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Pejo

Another Genshin clone?

The character design is very generic for this one. Combat looks fun, and I like the idea of mounts and big/dangerous enemies randomly spawning in the overworld, but eh. Not much to get excited about here yet. Also what an extremely basic name.

Fake

Gold Member
What game is Genshin a clone of? BotW? I would say it copies the open world look and feel from BotW and several other elements from other games but it is not an exact clone of an exactly similar game before that. I could be wrong.

Yes, GI is a BOTW clone. Similar stamina bar, silimar cellshading, similar climbing, similar lightning strike, food mechanic 'almost' similar (can't tell much about the food, never played BOTW).

There was two unique things on GI, one is hot girls, but RIP, the other are the element/elemental reaction, but those days I don't even know if MYH make a big deal about.

Top Bottom