• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
I am hoping for a revisit to the first few characters. I would spend $$$ on getting my klee up a few C's.
Makes no sense to release old characters when we have so many leaked heroes. People obviously want new shit. It will also make some people to think twice before pulling for new heroes and MiHo definitely wants you to buy gems and pull and don't wait. Otherwise why would they make new banners be active only for 2 weeks? FOMO is a bitch man, and MiHo will exploit it.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Makes no sense to release old characters when we have so many leaked heroes. People obviously want new shit. It will also make some people to think twice before pulling for new heroes and MiHo definitely wants you to buy gems and pull and don't wait. Otherwise why would they make new banners be active only for 2 weeks? FOMO is a bitch man, and MiHo will exploit it.
Yeah, you are probably right, but one can dream.

I should have whaled on klee. At this point I am more like a sea bass...throwing 30 to 50 bucks at the game per month.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah, you are probably right, but one can dream.

I should have whaled on klee. At this point I am more like a sea bass...throwing 30 to 50 bucks at the game per month.
Mn6EjsX.jpg

For the game's one year anniversary, Mihoyo will introduce the anniversary banner which includes all the limited 5 stars from the previous year. You'll have a 1/20 chance to get the character you want. Of course the regular rates still apply, so there's a 50/50 chance you'll get one of the standard 5 stars too! Better pull your creditcard!

Pejo

For the game's one year anniversary, Mihoyo will introduce the anniversary banner which includes all the limited 5 stars from the previous year. You'll have a 1/20 chance to get the character you want. Of course the regular rates still apply, so there's a 50/50 chance you'll get one of the standard 5 stars too! Better pull your creditcard!
I know you're joking, but with the success of the game, I could see them either giving you a free pick of the 5* standard characters or a "universal constellation" item to raise anybody's constellation one level. By that point assuming they don't add a bunch of standard 5*s to the pool when Inazuma releases, everybody will likely have pulled the original group by then. I'd rather get a universal constellation item personally, but I'm sure there's a case for both.

Saber

I have had the Stone Queen at C6 for quite a while, but I got Xingling (the Fire Spear one...I no spell gud) to c6 during that time as well. I was going to pull again today because next months banners don't interest me that much but it would be such as waste since the banner is maxed for me at this point (well...except for Ganyu).

I call her Xingling too dude, no worries.
I'm trying to put her on C6...but its being hard.

BJK

Bought the discount orbs on Paimon’s Bargains to make a 10-pull on the basic banner, ended up with a Skyward Atlas, my first 5* weapon.

My team thus far:
Main DPS- Childe (90, C0), Ganyu (80, C0)
Healing- Barbara (70, C4), QiQi (70, C0)
Support- Zhongli (80/90, C0), Fischl (80, C2), Xiangling (80, C3), Traveler (70, C6)

Is it time to commence Operation: Let Ningguang Fuck? I have been slow-leveling her to 80 (Edit: 70 right now) since hitting C5 when she was on-banner. Atlas is her worst 5* Catalyst, but its the one I have. Add in the chance for a free Liyue 4* from the 1.3 update, and I could finish her off.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
just in case someone missed this:
3l7gMKk.png

we have 6 weeks, xiao 2 weeks, qeqing 2 weeks and the last one is unknown it may be hu tao or zhongli rerun because the buffs, the last weapon is good with zhongli or hutao because is based on HP also coming the last weeks.

Just give me Naughty Nun already. > : /

BlackM1st

Banned
Me picking fishes.
Advantage of using Kaeya is that he don't swim most of times.
My own fishing dream team is: "Cocogoat for mass kill + Mona's water sprint for fast pick up". I also wonder if we will get more dishes with fish from Inazuma. I hope for some fast and easy sushi recipes so I'm busy stockpiling fish rn xD

Hu Tao's voice lines have been found in 1.3's pre-install data, so chances are she'll be in the banner after Keqing. Most of us probably expected this anyway, but this almost confirms it.

Fuz

Banned

E - Confession - Move behind target piercing and slashing with spear causing Ice damage. Cannot move behind large enemies.

Q - Sacrament of Life - Sweep nearby enemies with her spear then condenses ice spears that hit the ground and pulse Ice damage for 8 seconds.

P1 - Nightwalk - At night movement speed of characters increases by 10%. (Does not work in Domains/Spiral)

P2 - After using E to hit an enemies back, Rosaria's Crit Rate increases by 12% for 5 sec.

P3 - Gives 15% of Rosaria's crit to all allies within her Q, cannot exceed 15%.

Constellations
C1 - On crit, attack speed and basic attack damage increased by 10%
C2 - Burst field duration is increased by 4 seconds
C3 - Increases talent level (Skill/E) by 3 and maximum level raised to 15
C4 - When elemental skill critically strikes, restore 5 elemental energy for Rosaria, can occur once per skill cast
C5 - Increases talent level (Burst/Q) by 3 and maximum level raised to 15
C6 - Each instance of damage caused by Rosaria’s burst will reduce the physical resistance of enemies hit by 5% for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.

Last edited:
Yeah, fuck you too.
My guess, and hope, is that the animation is only set up for one character size, and for others you'll just attack the front of them. If they really mean the attack can't ever hit large enemies, that would be really stupid.

Fuz

Banned
My guess, and hope, is that the animation is only set up for one character size, and for others you'll just attack the front of them. If they really mean the attack can't ever hit large enemies, that would be really stupid.
The problem is that when she hits the back of an enemy she gets a crit rate buff that also synergizes with her C1.

Pejo

Yeah, fuck you too.
Did you just quote yourself? lol

Anyways, I'm not super pleased with her kit since she's another selfish on-field DPS character, but big enemies are easy enough to get around the back of. Taunt characters like Ganyu/Amber/Mona are going to really help her with DPS. Baron Bunny Melt comp meta incoming!

Looks like that Xiao spear I have is going straight to her for those sweet crit stats. I'll need to see how her skill and burst work, but She's essentially Ice Razor with a worse weapon type so far. C2 looks to be the sweet spot. But Hallelujah we got a new 4* boys.

*edit* - I'm a little confused about the Burst description with her C6. The C6 says you can reduce phys resistance by 5% for 5 seconds for a maximum of 4 times, but her Burst says that it pulses ice while in effect. Unless it pulses multiple times per second, there's no way to hit the max stacks, I guess unless a new stack refreshes the duration instead of overwriting it? Or if you have 2 Rosarias in the party? I'm intrigued. Ultra fast pulses would be pretty amazing actually as a support.

Last edited:
Amber really is a top tier waifu though. Great design, fun personality. Too bad her moveset sucks. If Zhongli can get a buff, why not Amber and the rest who desperately need one?

BlackM1st

Banned
Amber really is a top tier waifu though. Great design, fun personality
Amazing cooking skills...whole package!

why not Amber and the rest who desperately need one?
Some characters are destined to be a running joke. If everyone is a superman, nobody is a superman... I also think that we might get some kind of evolution mechanics and some 4☆ characters will become 5☆. Or maybe MiHo will continue to not give a F and continue milking the playerbase with new 5☆.

Saber

E - Confession - Move behind target piercing and slashing with spear causing Ice damage. Cannot move behind large enemies.

Q - Sacrament of Life - Sweep nearby enemies with her spear then condenses ice spears that hit the ground and pulse Ice damage for 8 seconds.

P1 - Nightwalk - At night movement speed of characters increases by 10%. (Does not work in Domains/Spiral)

P2 - After using E to hit an enemies back, Rosaria's Crit Rate increases by 12% for 5 sec.

P3 - Gives 15% of Rosaria's crit to all allies within her Q, cannot exceed 15%.

Constellations
C1 - On crit, attack speed and basic attack damage increased by 10%
C2 - Burst field duration is increased by 4 seconds
C3 - Increases talent level (Skill/E) by 3 and maximum level raised to 15
C4 - When elemental skill critically strikes, restore 5 elemental energy for Rosaria, can occur once per skill cast
C5 - Increases talent level (Burst/Q) by 3 and maximum level raised to 15
C6 - Each instance of damage caused by Rosaria’s burst will reduce the physical resistance of enemies hit by 5% for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.

Sounds like kinda a mix of support and passive attacker.

Who knows, maybe she can work around. Only testing to be sure.

x@3f*oo_e!

Expect they might 'sell' old 5* s at some point for some sort of limited in-game currency. Could be a year or two before that happens.

Pejo

Did you see this.

Really Jean is the star with the Baron Bunny slam dunk/yeet move. But still nice.

Bennet, 5* bow, food, buffs, but I don't care, that was pretty cool.

Regardless of how bad Amber is right now, I will still pigeonhole her into my team comps (right now she's in my Diluc team just for the fire resonance). I am confident that eventually MHY will do some sort of evolution with bad characters similar how they added Cores to Honkai, and Amber will be improved. I still want her constellations more than any other character, but, well...not enough to spend primos on the standard banner, at least without a rate up.

But either way she will always be the gliding champion of Mondstadt.
CC6pWmh.jpeg

*edit* - Apparently Amber is near top tier in one thing too:
gWxor7Q.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Bennet, 5* bow, food, buffs, but I don't care, that was pretty cool.

Regardless of how bad Amber is right now, I will still pigeonhole her into my team comps (right now she's in my Diluc team just for the fire resonance). I am confident that eventually MHY will do some sort of evolution with bad characters similar how they added Cores to Honkai, and Amber will be improved. I still want her constellations more than any other character, but, well...not enough to spend primos on the standard banner, at least without a rate up.

But either way she will always be the gliding champion of Mondstadt.
CC6pWmh.jpeg

*edit* - Apparently Amber is near top tier in one thing too:
gWxor7Q.png
Hey, she's hot.

Wait... Venti???

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Got Xiao already. Second try. FUCK YEAH.

Man, this new quest was quite nice. The traveler lore is getting good finally.

Saber

Seems like my bad luck still hunts me.

Nothing but crap 3 tier weapons. Not even the pity system is on my side.

Last edited:
If you're only 82 hours in, you haven't even played enough to reach your first pity yet. You are guaranteed a 5* unit if you roll on the limited banner by your 90th roll.

I wonder if Xiao is good or not, so far I'm hearing good things early on. I spent all my resources pulling Cocogoat to C1 and getting her an Amos Bow so I won't be rolling for awhile ehe.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
There has been one time-limited item (a sword) so far; it’s not that much of a big deal to have missed it. (There was also a time-limited novelty pet from a recent event, but IMO they’re more of an annoyance than anything at this point).

The game has cycled through a number of 5* characters who were time-limited (Venti, Klee, Childe, Zhongli, Albedo, with Ganyu set to depart in just under a week). Each one will probably reappear at some point...but don’t expect to get them all if you’re a non-whale. I haven’t spent a dime yet, and I’ve drawn 3 of the limited-time 5* characters (Childe, Zhongli, and Ganyu) and one of the permanent ones (Qiqi), in addition to having at least 1 copy of all of the 4* characters to-date. Your party is only 4 characters for most of the content, so don’t stress too much about missing any one particular character.

EDIT: since you’re playing on iOS, you should try rerolling to get a 5* character to start. Ganyu is a very popular pick, but any one of the available 5* characters will prove super useful.

Well the event quests in this game so far haven't been little off-shoot "oh it's Christmas in genshinland, so let's have a fun little side story", they have actually been relevant to the overall lore and plot of the main game. Once you get caught up with the main story quest, it's probably worthwhile to watch the cutscenes only from the Mona/Albedo events, at least if you care about the story at all.

Like BJK BJK mentioned above, you also missed a free refine sword that is pretty good for the main character and a few others, but the only area it's really useful in is the snow mountain (which is a way off for you yet). You can easily get by without its damage bonus, though it is handy.

Limited characters have been most of the post-release characters unfortunately, so you missed Venti (best wind character and pretty much broken in multiplayer), Klee (really strong fire mage), Childe (melee/ranged switching water character), Zhongli (kinda shitty geo support, getting buffed), Albedo (good geo support character), and we're currently on Ganyu who's the strongest and easiest to use character yet. Rerolling for her is highly recommended if you don't mind the process, it takes like a half hour at least to reroll properly each time though, so it's not for everyone. I don't know how much the reroll process has changed since launch, but you essentially want to spend the majority of your rolls on the limited banner with Ganyu, she is not available from the standard or beginner banners.

The characters you have are all guaranteed characters that you get for free either through the story or that beginner banner (which you should absolutely roll both times eventually). You will also get copies of Xiangling (fire spear) and Barbara (water healer catalyst) for free eventually by playing the game as well. We also have an event coming up in the next patch to give you any one of the Liyue (the China like area) characters for free, so you should probably have your account rerolled and settled by then, which is at least a week + away.

There's a good chance that this is too much info with weird words and names you don't understand yet, so if you're not interested in rerolling, just play and enjoy the game and pick it up as you go.
Thanks for the responses! Not interested in rerolling; I have no time cause I have kids and I just want to enjoy game without all that stress in whatever little time I get to play. I played the game to the main city and stopped a few days after the game launched. Just finished updating and ready to jump in with Controller support!

Last edited:

BJK

Made a tactical decision as f2p today: I drew on the weapon banner. After ~5 attempts, ended up with the new sword. Was hoping for the spear, but either one was a long-term fit for me. Since both of the promoted weapons have Crit rate as their growth stat - hardest Stat in the game to build (since it’s only primary stat on one artifact type), and the one locked away behind the BP weapons - I can resist the temptation of dropping money on the black sword. Bonus: my Childe’s Rust refined from R1 to R3.

Not going to keep trying on the banner, since there’s no soft pity for getting the spear just because I got the sword this time. For now, I’ll go back to saving. Wasn’t going to spend for Xiao anyway (have Xiangling & Zhongli), and still a bit undecided on the Keqing banner. Will definitely look for other weapon banner opportunities to grab Crit rate weapons, if / when Mihoyo stacks up a pair I don’t have again.

Really lame of them to make a new character that requires farming two different bosses in order to ascend them. Aside from just what an annoyance it is for players in general, it's also limiting for f2p you tube channels that want to post early coverage of him.

Last edited:
Yesterday was the first day since launch that I didn't sign in. Told myself I would sign in after the update but I had a long day and completely forgot lol RIP daily primogems

Top Bottom