• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Holy shit, she's annoying. Girl is a walking meme machine. I guess every game should have its own troll character.
The song is very appropriate for her personality and being the funeral director, it's a parody on a horror song and she's basically singing how a hilichurl got sick and he's going to die lol.

Pejo

It just occurred to me....Xiao and Hu Tao having HP loss mechanics is MHY's way to try to make healers necessary at end game....

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It just occurred to me....Xiao and Hu Tao having HP loss mechanics is MHY's way to try to make healers necessary at end game....
I only have him to 70 and am C0. I don't have any issues keeping him alive and I didn't make any changes to my normal layout. I use Bennet for main heals, Ganyu for crowd control and cycle in anyone else based on element. The HP drain doesn't seem to be bad to me in my current load out. Since the character is very mobile when they proc the Ult, the only damage they take is from using the skill. Have not had issues with enemies damaging the character.

Do you not have an off heal in your general load out?

Pejo

I only have him to 70 and am C0. I don't have any issues keeping him alive and I didn't make any changes to my normal layout. I use Bennet for main heals, Ganyu for crowd control and cycle in anyone else based on element. The HP drain doesn't seem to be bad to me in my current load out. Since the character is very mobile when they proc the Ult, the only damage they take is from using the skill. Have not had issues with enemies damaging the character.

Do you not have an off heal in your general load out?
Oh yea I run Jean as my little swiss army knife, I just meant that HP loss mechanics seem to be their goal in that it requires some sort of planning for, even if it's using food, and they still don't have to get rid of their beloved DPS timers that they love so much.

I thought the new Turtle boss is a step in the right direction for content. Something that doesn't die in 10 hits that has a diverse moveset and doesn't have 90% of the fight where they're just totally invulnerable. It'd have been even better without the shield reflect mechanic to keep the difficulty consistent, but either way I approve of that boss.

Man I can't believe I shit on Zhongli like I did. I'm sorry man. Please come back.

Played with him on my sons account and holy shit. He gives literal invincibility with his shield. You just pop his shield and switch off to Diluc (or anyone really) and nothing can stop you as long as that shield is up. I feel so bad now for going for Childe instead of Zhongli.

Last edited:

Saber

Man I can't believe I shit on Zhongli like I did. I'm sorry man. Please come back.

Played with him on my sons account and holy shit. He gives literal invincibility with his shield. You just pop his shield and switch off to Diluc (or anyone really) and nothing can stop you as long as that shield is up. I feel so bad now for going for Childe instead of Zhongli.

After countless buffs, he should be lol

BlackM1st

Banned
After countless buffs, he should be lol
Not only buffs, but they also made a special boss just for him to show off lol

Anyway, I just finished new story quest. That guy in black is very cool. But looks like he has no animation or weapon yet. Probably a Godlike creature with an immense power that will be released waaaaay down the line.

All in all, I feel like our sibling got a better deal, being a leader of the Omega force while we are stuck with Paimon on "worms" power level collecting dandelions and hunting boars.

All the cool stuff is either already happened or yet to happen (just couple of years away lol). Or happening behind the scenes with our Bro/Sis VS Ultra God VS Ice God ( vs Other weak Gods. Travelers can mop the floor with any God in game, except the one from the intro. To get on their power level Ice God will need to steal other Gods powers)

Pejo

Not only buffs, but they also made a special boss just for him to show off lol

Anyway, I just finished new story quest. That guy in black is very cool. But looks like he has no animation or weapon yet. Probably a Godlike creature with an immense power that will be released waaaaay down the line.

All in all, I feel like our sibling got a better deal, being a leader of the Omega force while we are stuck with Paimon on "worms" power level collecting dandelions and hunting boars.

All the cool stuff is either already happened or yet to happen (just couple of years away lol). Or happening behind the scenes with our Bro/Sis VS Ultra God VS Ice God ( vs Other weak Gods. Travelers can mop the floor with any God in game, except the one from the intro. To get on their power level Ice God will need to steal other Gods powers)
There's an interesting theory on reddit that Dainslef is the brother to the female god in the intro that split up you and your sister, and that they are both the characters in the Battle Pass intro video, not you and your sibling.

Reactions: Fuz

Xanine

Neo Member
The new medium sized one outside the cave gave me way more trouble.. actually the normal ones are harder to kill.

That thing takes stupid damage from Noelle's shield. I didn't even realise what I was doing at first.
Would need to double check if true, but the tutorial page for Geovishaps (regular version, not the boss nor the hatchlings) claims they will fall on their back if they try to hit your shield and your shield doesn't break. So it seems they really want shields be more useful with these enemies I suppose.

Pejo

Hot off the presses, 1.4 leaks.

Looks like Rosaria stayed 4*, praise be!

Wonder what they mean by "Replacement CV for Amber" What's CV? I'm trying to think up words that make her really good like "Charge Value" so she gets the 2 tier charge Ganyu treatment or "Crit Visciousness".......

It probably means character voice, doesn't it.....:messenger_crying:

Xanine

Neo Member
Wonder what they mean by "Replacement CV for Amber" What's CV? I'm trying to think up words that make her really good like "Charge Value" so she gets the 2 tier charge Ganyu treatment or "Crit Visciousness".......

It probably means character voice, doesn't it.....:messenger_crying:
The 1.3 patch notes said they were replacing Amber's chinese VA.

Last edited:

Pejo

The 1.3 patch notes said they were replacing Amber's chinese VA.
The expected answer but not the happy one.

Also, they added all the character themes to their playlist on Spotify. Such a great soundtrack.

Last edited:

Saber

So, what were the contents of the leak?

More Zonghli buffs?

Tbh, I hope they rework geo elemental reaction.

Saber

Ability to reduce WL for 1 LVL and 5 C Resin limit? Something like that. Also, no new 5* heroes. Maybe a Venti banner re-run.

Thats a neat idea. I'm still at 5 WR and didn't see any valid reason to move on after seeing my brother having problem with some over boosting bosses. Can't imagine him when he decides to jump to the next WR again.

BlackM1st

Banned
Thats a neat idea. I'm still at 5 WR and didn't see any valid reason to move on after seeing my brother having problem with some over boosting bosses. Can't imagine him when he decides to jump to the next WR again.
I think new geo boss showed to people that most of them are not ready for the next WL.

x@3f*oo_e!

Meh. My photos of blue things from yesterday also seem to count towards photos of red things for today. The thing is so undercooked it's still bleeding.

I feel like a robot pressing buttons for primogems. (not worth it)

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
I can spare red or purple. EU though. What do you need?
NA server here, ya odd thats what i have extras of too.. need yellow and brown.

but also dont care, just want the one trade for the BP points

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Nice.

This was going to be me. Best VA Barbara with Thrilling Tales providing support, healing, and the occassional hydro swirl from her elemental skill. Then MiHoYo mind broke her leaving an empty shell. It's too painful for me to play her now.

Might still pull for Xiao half heartedly.

Seems you can sideways elemental skill whilst jumping - could be useful against Ruin guard/hunter weakspots if the height is right.. [edit - big mitachurl head is weakspot right ? could work for that too with crit damage boost .. also regisvine flower too maybe ?]

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
As I feared, the "correct" way to play him is the most boring immaginable.
Absolutely nauseating too xD I couldn't finish the video, let alone playing him for 100s of hours. Woof. He is a total opposite of Ganyu. He is just as terrible for me as she is perfect in every way hah. Go Cocogoat, go! Sweet asrm, bring me some peace...

Just like in overwatch, Genji is amazing hero, but he can gtfo, I will always prefer Hanzo or Ashe lol
Overwatch GIF

LOLCats

Banned
I trade a blue and a red for a brown, anyone online NA wanna trade?

or lets just trade reds for BP points

uuid 604731285, guessing you need to be on friends list

so now im in reddit discord for trades oh man. What timeline are we living in.

Last edited:

Pejo

Primo Geovishap (the new boss) has become my new training dummy to test out team compositions. I just really enjoy fighting him. I know people are allowed to play however they want, but youtubers that immediately built a bennett/mona team just to 1 shot him must be zero fun at parties. It's a really fun and somewhat dynamic fight if you play by the mechanics. He has enough HP to not go down like the pathetic vine bosses but not annoyingly so much like a "The Division" boss. No invulnerability phases, so you can always be damaging etc. I hope future bosses get this kind of treatment. I look forward to the eventual challenge battle with 2-3 of them at the same time.

It's kinda a bummer how low key this patch has been so far. After 1.2 being amazing and really front loaded, this one could have been a little more. The director needs to plan out the events a little better to keep the excitement rolling.

BlackM1st

Banned
I thought this video was pretty good. It provides some nice suggestions on builds, and it's fairly comprehensive.

Sometimes I have a feeling that you're the only one in here who cares about proper hero building.

So I checked some heroes that my friends decided to showcase. WOW. Purple artifacts, only 1 2x set bonus, refined 3☆ weapons, lvl 80 characters on WL6, lvl 1 5☆ heroes... Some people play just to enjoy the rear view of their waifus xD

Saber

Does anybody know if they even care about their talents/material dungeons?

I mean, unless they want me to believe this dungeon that instantly spam falling ice crystals(the crystals falls instantly before the visual warning) is balanced.
Note that the dungeon still spams crystals even after you beat all the enemies(I was hit while I was getting the prizes).

BlackM1st

Banned
Does anybody know if they even care about their talents/material dungeons?

I mean, unless they want me to believe this dungeon that instantly spam falling ice crystals(the crystals falls instantly before the visual warning) is balanced.
Note that the dungeon still spams crystals even after you beat all the enemies(I was hit while I was getting the prizes).
Sounds like an internet lag problem, no?

Saber

Sounds like an internet lag problem, no?

Could be, which is why I was asking. The impression I was getting is this dungeon was like trying really hard to get me away from it.
Noelle basically tanks everything at this point and heals herself from the shield, but quite frankly is way too abusive to be taking the level in consideration. It's not hard...just very very annyoing.

Top Bottom