• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Sometimes I have a feeling that you're the only one in here who cares about proper hero building.

So I checked some heroes that my friends decided to showcase. WOW. Purple artifacts, only 1 2x set bonus, refined 3☆ weapons, lvl 80 characters on WL6, lvl 1 5☆ heroes... Some people play just to enjoy the rear view of their waifus xD
Being a slave to the meta is one of the worst ways to play any game in my opinion, even worse in a single player mostly easy as fuck ARPG. I don't get the mindset that people can't enjoy something unless somebody is affirming to them that they're enjoying it the right way. More people should be using their own brains and building out their own characters whatever way they want.

There is zero content in this game that requires min/max bullshit, even the hardest abyss floors. That said, it's fine if you enjoy playing that way too, but it should be at least a decision you've made for yourself. YouTubers are out to create hype, create views, make money. They aren't the end-all be-all experts at anything, much less how you should enjoy a video game.

Saber

Being a slave to the meta is one of the worst ways to play any game in my opinion, even worse in a single player mostly easy as fuck ARPG. I don't get the mindset that people can't enjoy something unless somebody is affirming to them that they're enjoying it the right way. More people should be using their own brains and building out their own characters whatever way they want.

There is zero content in this game that requires min/max bullshit, even the hardest abyss floors. That said, it's fine if you enjoy playing that way too, but it should be at least a decision you've made for yourself. YouTubers are out to create hype, create views, make money. They aren't the end-all be-all experts at anything, much less how you should enjoy a video game.

I like to think when we have try-hard type of players they can do good for the game. Well, at least in balance purposes. The more attention the character gets, the better the chances of them to do something about. Not something casuals would make much fuss about(nothing against them though). I'm not a try hard player myself, I don't go there exploding enemies, but can pretty much deal with them. Its just a shame my feedback contributes to almost nothing.

Meanwhile I'm still here waiting for a day when Xynian is finally fixed. But since shes 4 star, thats probably a distant dream.

The good thing about this game(and I hope it stays that way) is that theres no competitive.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Being a slave to the meta is one of the worst ways to play any game in my opinion,
Not listening to people's advice and not paying attention to the game mechanics is just stupid. And no matter how single player oriented GI is, we all are still playing together in artifacts runs / coop challenges.

Suuuuure we all are playing to have fun, but like I said, some people love to suffer and I'm not one of them xD

I will gladly help to any scrub in dungeon runs, but oh boy, I will definitely let them know how wrong they were to pull for Albedo or how useless Xiao is against "his personal boss fight". I expect nothing less from other people I'm playing with.
But that's probably because I'm old enough to remember when we were greeting new players with "fuck you" instead of "hi, welcome" ;D

Dregnel

Meanwhile I'm still here waiting for a day when Xynian is finally fixed. But since shes 4 star, thats probably a distant dream.
it has been like 2 month i think at this point they just ignore because she is not as popular as others.

93wa0Wj.png

BlackM1st

Banned
it has been like 2 month i think at this point they just ignore because she is not as popular as others.

93wa0Wj.png
What I'm looking at? What kind of metric is that?

You can still listen to advice and pay attention to the game mechanics without being a slave to the meta.
I disagree completely because META is literally "what works best" and when I'm asking for advice, I'm asking about what's working and not about what makes you feel good. But that's just me, if you're ok with sub optimal builds and suffering through 2 or 3 stages in a boss fights, who I am to lecture you. You do you, I will say what I'm thinking about it, but ultimately it means nothing and no one should feel bad about their game/character.

I disagree completely because META is literally "what works best" and when I'm asking for advice, I'm asking about what's working
"What works best" doesn't mean everything else doesn't work, so no you can ask for advice without being a slave to the meta and it definitely doesn't mean you "aren't paying attention to game mechanics" lol.

Jedge

Not listening to people's advice and not paying attention to the game mechanics is just stupid. And no matter how single player oriented GI is, we all are still playing together in artifacts runs / coop challenges.
Suuuuure we all are playing to have fun, but like I said, some people love to suffer and I'm not one of them xD

I will gladly help to any scrub in dungeon runs, but oh boy, I will definitely let them know how wrong they were to pull for Albedo or how useless Xiao is against "his personal boss fight". I expect nothing less from other people I'm playing with.

I agree with this to a certain extent. People pull terrible 5*'s and then they wonder why they can't clear content quickly.

For example: Next banner is Keqing and I would NOT recommend anyone pull unless you're absolutely in love with her and have really really good artifacts.
Likewise I would recommend everyone to pull on the upcoming (rumored) Venti banner because he's broken especially in abyss

Last edited:

Dregnel

I agree with this to a certain extent. People pull terrible 5*'s and then they wonder why they can't clear content quickly.

For example: Next banner is Keqing and I would NOT recommend anyone pull unless you're absolutely in love with her and have really really good artifacts.
Likewise I would recommend everyone to pull on the upcoming (rumored) Venti banner because he's broken especially in abyss

i don't recommend venti because the content becomes boring and everything is about giving Venti energy recharge to accumulate the monsters, also the dude looks like trap is very hard to play with him.

And no matter how single player oriented GI is, we all are still playing together in artifacts runs / coop challenges.
I don't even remember the last time I grouped up with someone in this game lol

....having said that, I do need some friends to exchange an event photo with for some BP points lmao

And yeah I agree with above post about Venti being too much of a crutch. When I replaced him with Jean recently, it really hit home how much I was relying on his vortex to make every battle simple and easy. Yeah, it takes a tad (just a tad) more effort to clean up an enemy group now with Jean but I'd argue its more fun this way. Also, it's nice to have a healer again and not stuff my face with Matsutake Rolls all day lol

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
i don't recommend venti because the content becomes boring and everything is about giving Venti energy recharge to accumulate the monsters, also the dude looks like trap is very hard to play with him.
Yeah, Venti is amazingly strong and very versatile, but I have my C2 sucrose and I'm pretty happy with her. She's no where near him, but I'm not gonna spend my resources on Venti. I'm sure we will have just as strong heroes sooner or later.

Yeah, I agree and I wanna add that Electric Cat banner will be a scam of epic proportions considering that Electric God is also a girl and also a sword user. Leeching rainbow wishes for standard banner hero that will be outshined in couple of months is not cool on MiHo side. I hope that electric cat will be a simple rate up for blue wishes banner, but I doubt it.

Pejo

Yeah, Venti is amazingly strong and very versatile, but I have my C2 sucrose and I'm pretty happy with her. She's no where near him, but I'm not gonna spend my resources on Venti. I'm sure we will have just as strong heroes sooner or later.

Yeah, I agree and I wanna add that Electric Cat banner will be a scam of epic proportions considering that Electric God is also a girl and also a sword user. Leeching rainbow wishes for standard banner hero that will be outshined in couple of months is not cool on MiHo side. I hope that electric cat will be a simple rate up for blue wishes banner, but I doubt it.
By not rolling Venti, aren't you going against everything you've been posting this page? If you don't want to hold me back in an artifact domain multiplayer run you better roll Venti, put him maxed out VV artifact set with perfect stats, constellation 6, maxed refine 5* bow. If you don't bro, I'll still play with you in Multi but I'm going to let you know about it afterwards.

See how stupid that sounds? Nobody should have to do anything to appease anyone else.

BlackM1st

Banned
By not rolling Venti, aren't you going against everything you've been posting this page? If you don't want to hold me back in an artifact domain multiplayer run you better roll Venti, put him maxed out VV artifact set with perfect stats, constellation 6, maxed refine 5* bow. If you don't bro, I'll still play with you in Multi but I'm going to let you know about it afterwards.

See how stupid that sounds? Nobody should have to do anything to appease anyone else.
It's not stupid, I kinda agree. I just don't have enough wishes and mats xD Plus, who said that you should own ALL heroes a carry each and every domain? But if you have something, please, for the love of God, stick to the meta and learn your heroes :p

BlackM1st

Banned
Is there any sort of heatmap of most used characters/team comps based on actual in-game data, not google searches?
No. And each and every new hero will scale the map towards itself because ppl love to pull. But we don't need any maps, good, very good and simply broken characters are known already.

BlackM1st

Banned
Probably a data base from Genshin Simpact servers can tell the most popular chars, but for money porpuses.
BTW Looks like Xiao is very popular, maybe even more popular than a Cocogoat. My friend list is already has more Xiao than Ganyu.
Can't imagine why, lol

Fuz

Banned
Does the 5★ artifacts drops improve on WL5->WL6 (and I mean noticeably, not "yes by 0,1% lol")? Got Xiao to 80 and the friggin' Primo Geovishap never dropped a single golden Gladiator.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played this in 10 days. What have I missed gacha chads?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Man can't wait til people cry

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY TWINK HUSBANDO ISN'T OP!
FIIIIIXXXXXXXXX IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEET!

Dregnel

when you are using xiao in the abyss and you find with those ninjas who use knives flying around them, run away.

Saber

Man can't wait til people cry

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY TWINK HUSBANDO ISN'T OP!
FIIIIIXXXXXXXXX IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEET!

Incoming 3 follow up patches with loads of buffs.

Year 2054 - We finally gonna take a look at Xynian shield behaviour, before we close the server for good. Thanks for all your money support, simps!

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Incoming 3 follow up patches with loads of buffs.

Year 2054 - We finally gonna take a look at Xynian shield behaviour, before we close the server for good. Thanks for all your money support, simps!
pft this game won't last 8 years.

not enough waifus

BlackM1st

Banned
Got it on PS5, pretty impressive for a free game. Anything I should buy as a new player?
Nope. Play till you unlock all mechanics and complete the story. Do daily missions and complete free battle pass. Don't waste primogems on blue wishes. Primogems are only for limited banners if you want to save money and your sanity. Do a research on limited banner and decide which future heroes are worthy of your rainbow wishes. You have a loooong way before you will need to spend any money imo. As a new player you will have your hands full and early game is generous enough with resources.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Thanks for the advice all.

I bought the month long blessing, was $5, figured I'll just build up some currency or whatever.

When do I get other characters aside from Amber?

Fake

Gold Member
Thanks for the advice all.

I bought the month long blessing, was $5, figured I'll just build up some currency or whatever.

When do I get other characters aside from Amber?

On the wish icon or you can advance in your main quest.

I guess you will get Lisa, Barbara and there is a novice banner to get insta Noele.

Top Bottom