• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BJK

Got it on PS5, pretty impressive for a free game. Anything I should buy as a new player?

Not really. Playing on the PS5 means no rerolling accounts for a perfect 5* character, but the f2p lifestyle is all about doing your dailies & making Consistent progress. Some things to know:
- Spend all your resin, even if that just means ley lines & world bosses (when you’re ready).
- Don’t worry too much about artifacts until you’re at a high enough world level to do the highest-tier content. (They’re marked level 80-90...but you don’t need to be at max level for them. As long as you’re 70+ and don’t get yourself killed, multiplayer domains are relatively easy.)
- Primogems are the main currency for drawing new characters & weapons. The different banners overlap, but can drop different content: The main banner (Xiao currently) always gives a character when you get a 5* drop. Conversely, the weapon banner always gives weapons as 5-star drops. There’s also a permanent banner, which can give either a character or a weapon as 5-star rewards. Consensus recommendation is to focus on the character banners, at least until you have enough 5-star characters to be tempted by getting something else for your gem.
- The game has a pity system that guarantees a 5-star reward for every 90 draws...but you typically get them earlier than that in practice. (Lots more detail on that topic, but this is the short version.)
- I recommend saving your “good” XP boosting items until you have a 5-star character you like.
- Don’t level too many characters past Lv. 50, since that will spread your resources too thin. Focus on 4-5 characters early, who you like to play...with one of them being a healer. (Barbara is the free option, but Bennett is overpowered as a support if you can get him.)

Yamisan

HeluqaP.jpg
I need some real help. My team does almost no damage and I need to quit playing just for waifus. Out of my characters Xianglin is c2, Diona 1, Barbara 1, Ningguang 1, Traveler 3, Noelle 2, Zhongli 1, Razor 5 and Xingqiu 1, everyone else is 0 . What would my best team setup be here? I've been using Ningguang, Barbara, Diona and Xingling and am having trouble killing anything. I die instantly to the geo mob needed for Ningguang's accession items becausue he is level 50 already =\

Astorian

The first game I downloaded after finally getting a PS5, man did I miss it (also game plays really great on PS5).

Game gave me a Diluc after 1 random pull I did, how do people build him these days? And is he still good or got nerfed?

x@3f*oo_e!

HeluqaP.jpg
I need some real help. My team does almost no damage and I need to quit playing just for waifus. Out of my characters Xianglin is c2, Diona 1, Barbara 1, Ningguang 1, Traveler 3, Noelle 2, Zhongli 1, Razor 5 and Xingqiu 1, everyone else is 0 . What would my best team setup be here? I've been using Ningguang, Barbara, Diona and Xingling and am having trouble killing anything. I die instantly to the geo mob needed for Ningguang's accession items becausue he is level 50 already =\
Did you fiddle with artifacts yet - it's worth it. (don't forget you can upgrade talents too - I didn't realise this was a thing until I was about lvl 50) [Also weapons too obviously]

It's hard to say but to me it looks like you've levelled the worse characters (Xiangling excluded) - not trying to be horrible - if you like them. Diona is really really bad though and I love her for example. All your lvl.1 can be great - but there's too many options to list

About a 10 level difference is manageable if you know the tactics, but level is mostly everything tbh. So just level up to do damage.

Q. Do you rely on normal attacks etc, or is elemental reactions a huge part of your damage (if it's 1 try more elemental stuff - it's a huge carry once you get it .. sucrose is a great help btw but fragile - I recommend trying her because she works with mostly everyone..)

[edit = about the geo boss - Noelle can solo this with her shield (and destroy the shields is like mining - you can do it level 1), but you'd need to level her a bit first for safety. Better than Ninguang for this. Add support members to damage the crystal when it's vulnerable because it'll be slower way with Noelle - Xiangling + Diona elemental skills should be fine for the damage bit; or just spam barbara - I know i do : ) ]

Last edited:

Pejo

HeluqaP.jpg
Boy that's tough. Your only real "carry" dps, as ones that can/should be built for main dps is Ninguang, Razor, Xiangling, maybe Kaeya. Your supports are pretty good with Zhongli, Bennett, and the water boy (can never remember his name). I guess a pretty decent team would be:

• Xiangling built as main DPS with Crescent Pike (craftable 4* weapon) and lots of crit/crit damage as substats on artifacts
  • Bennett as healer/support with Energy Recharge and Attack as focused stats, any weapon with either of those stats are good.
  • Zhongli as support/crowd control built for HP and energy recharge.
  • Mona built with elemental mastery and energy recharge for big vaporize reactions.
Razor is the best character you have DPS wise but electro damage doesn't fit really well into your team. If you do want to use him, make sure you include an ice character like Diona/Kaeya so you can get superconduct (reduces enemy physical defense).
The first game I downloaded after finally getting a PS5, man did I miss it (also game plays really great on PS5).

Game gave me a Diluc after 1 random pull I did, how do people build him these days? And is he still good or got nerfed?
Diluc is around 3rd or 4th from the top DPS at this point in the game, but he's still plenty strong to beat any level of content. Build him for fire damage and crit damage, with a little bit of crit (since he gets quite a bit naturally).

crumbs

HeluqaP.jpg
Yeah, you don't have a lot of good DPS options. Out of your group, I would definitely find a away to start leveling Zhongli, who is your strongest character, especially after the v1.3 buffs.

However, you would need geo mats for him and that boss is giving you problems, so maybe start leveling up Razor for DPS and Bennett for supporting the others with his attack buff ult. I think the Pyro and Electro bosses are on the easy side, so once you get Razor and Bennett leveled up, you can try the geo boss again and prioritize mats for Zhongli.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ok thanks guys, does Razor as dps with , Zhongli, Bennet and Mona souund like a good team?
Always prioritize 5☆. Mona is amazing for making your 4☆ DPS characters do some real damage. Read her Ultimate description. Use it as often as you can and you will have much easier time killing things. Geo God will keep you alive no matter what when you level him up a little. For DMG I would use Razor or Ning, they both are very good. C5 Razor sounds amazing, why not level him up? Stop wasting resources on trash characters before you build your mains.

TL DR: 5☆ > 4☆, C5 > C2, Meta > Waifu.

Yamisan

Always prioritize 5☆. Mona is amazing for making your 4☆ DPS characters do some real damage. Read her Ultimate description. Use it as often as you can and you will have much easier time killing things. Geo God will keep you alive no matter what when you level him up a little. For DMG I would use Razor or Ning, they both are very good. C5 Razor sounds amazing, why not level him up? Stop wasting resources on trash characters before you build your mains.

TL DR: 5☆ > 4☆, C5 > C2, Meta > Waifu.
Working on leveling my razor, bennet, mona, zhong now. Fuck waifus anymore lol

Diluc is around 3rd or 4th from the top DPS at this point in the game, but he's still plenty strong to beat any level of content. Build him for fire damage and crit damage, with a little bit of crit (since he gets quite a bit naturally).
I know Ganyu is technically a better DPS than Diluc, but who else is?

Meta slaves in a single player PvE open world RPG. Now I really have seen it all. Play what you like, literally no one cares. I've seen people bring Amber's into co-op that wreck shit.

BlackM1st

Banned
lol yes.

We might be looking for a Celestia sized hole too, since the bottom of it appears to be just dirt .. maybe about the size of dunno - Stormterror's lair ?
Yeah, nice catch. It was definitely a part of something. Maybe Venti got drunk and launched it to the sky.

But I honestly think that MiHo doesn't have any idea what to do with it right now because we should visit all other nations before moving up or down for LIght/Darkness elements or some other shit.

IMO we are at least 1 year away from visiting it.

Pejo

Yeah, nice catch. It was definitely a part of something. Maybe Venti got drunk and launched it to the sky.

But I honestly think that MiHo doesn't have any idea what to do with it right now because we should visit all other nations before moving up or down for LIght/Darkness elements or some other shit.

IMO we are at least 1 year away from visiting it.
Has that even been confirmed in any meaningful way that it actually is Celestia?

Also, according to the spiral abyss lore and the Mona/Fischl event, down is most likely the real "up" and up is down.

x@3f*oo_e!

Has that even been confirmed in any meaningful way that it actually is Celestia?

Also, according to the spiral abyss lore and the Mona/Fischl event, down is most likely the real "up" and up is down.
It's the same thing in the Skyfrost Nail secret room mural thing .. (this thing https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/File:DragonspineSkyfrostNailMural.png ) .. and the murals also show three "wise men" giving gifts to a god/angel type being..

There's also the skyfrost nail connection which looks like it was from celestia. (and the camera pan to the sky island after reaching top of skyfrost nail)

So it's definitely related to Dragonspine past history.

But might not be Celestia after all.

Aenima

HeluqaP.jpg
You dont have artifacts equiped or they are all low level. Equip ur 4 main characters with attack artifacts, even if only 4 star artifacts, and upgrade them to level 16. If u want to use Barbara her artifacts should be HP instead of attack. If you dont have many artifacts yet to level up just focus in evolving the artifacts from ur damage dealer. Xiangling and Zhongli does good damage.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Thanks for the advice all.

I bought the month long blessing, was $5, figured I'll just build up some currency or whatever.

When do I get other characters aside from Amber?
You will get Lisa through completing a quest.
You also get Keya through completing a quest.

You should be able to do both of these around AR level 10 (or 15)

You will get Barbara at AR level 20 after completing a quest line (defeat Devalin)
You will get XinXang (sorry...I cannot spell for shit) after completing 3-3 in the spiral abyss.

crumbs

I already finished, but is any one needing photo colors for this event? Or just want to exchange photos for the battle pass rewards? Send me a PM.

Mr Moose

Et1NPFPXMAMlqmy

Is Diluc any good? I don't really like the slow, big ass swords but eh.
When do we get the free character? Will it be random or...

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Et1NPFPXMAMlqmy

Is Diluc any good? I don't really like the slow, big ass swords but eh.
When do we get the free character? Will it be random or...
Yeah, most folks (whales) would list him as SS tier. Great damage, multi-hit special and fast charging Ult. I think he has been up at the top of the list since launch. I am of the camp that any character in this game can be great with time investment. I have him but don't really use him much. I prefer klee for pyro damage/dps dealer.

Astorian

How does a main team of Beidou, Keqing, Diluc and Barbara sound? I have 3 of them at 80 already, I have a hard time giving up Beidou since she was my main DPS plus her countering ability is just fucking satisfying.

How does a main team of Beidou, Keqing, Diluc and Barbara sound? I have 3 of them at 80 already, I have a hard time giving up Beidou since she was my main DPS plus her countering ability is just fucking satisfying.
What role is Beidou playing on the team? I would switch her for a Cryo to get more elemental reactions.

Mostly there to have the 2 electro bonus but I really like her as a character, the only Cryo I have is the free dude and I'm not a fan.
You don't have to be a fan of your support characters or need to level them a lot. The cryo reactions can give you lot of advantage. You can get melt, supercharged and freeze with your other three members. Just swap him to apply cryo and then switch to other character for reaction. Beidou's counter is good but otherwise she is nothing special.

Pejo

Absolutely that team can work. It's not optimal, but if you enjoy those characters, then you're already having fun, so don't worry about it. The problem is that both Keqing and Diluc want to be on the field the majority of the time, so they fight for that slot. That said, nothing wrong with playing however you want. Beidou's counter and Elemental Burst are both great for quick swap in/swap out. If you like using her as main DPS, nothing wrong with that too.

BlackM1st

Banned
Eh. You can make a second team with Beidou, otherwise she's a third wheel. Or drop Electric cat to the second team and have fun sending enemies flying with Beidou and Diluc.

Saber

Keqing/Fishl + Barbara is an excelent team.

Specially Fishl. Just use her skill and switch to Barbara and auto-attack for electro charge effects.

Diluc is more like a powerhouse, he can do almost everything alone. Would suggest investing hard on him and Keqing as damage dealers.

Now Beidou...is situational. As her skill max effectiviness during a counter(or absorbing if low level), there isn't much of elemental spam from her, beside her burst.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Theater Mechanicus is a really, really cool addition. Shame it's only seasonal.

Wonder if I'll be of the same opinion after the big farming, though.

Top Bottom