• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

x@3f*oo_e!

sometimes quest just make no sense

I just got one at Wangsu Inn - herr Goblet (or whatever) says guest are fighting, breaking stuff, the inn looks a mess, they keep mending stuff, but it doesn't match. Then she sends me to a "mysterious place" (no reason given) - when I get to the middle of the marse there's a marker, hilichurls appear, I bash them, quest completed - go back to the inn for reward.

Something got lost in translation I think.

[Also the take a photo for mr Iron the Astrologer's fanboy - asks me to take a photo - game literally gave everyone 2 (two) cameras - can't use either..]

I like the mechanicus, but it keeps giving me the stage I hate..

Mr Moose

sometimes quest just make no sense

I just got one at Wangsu Inn - herr Goblet (or whatever) says guest are fighting, breaking stuff, the inn looks a mess, they keep mending stuff, but it doesn't match. Then she sends me to a "mysterious place" (no reason given) - when I get to the middle of the marse there's a marker, hilichurls appear, I bash them, quest completed - go back to the inn for reward.

Something got lost in translation I think.

[Also the take a photo for mr Iron the Astrologer's fanboy - asks me to take a photo - game literally gave everyone 2 (two) cameras - can't use either..]

I like the mechanicus, but it keeps giving me the stage I hate..
I took 6 photos with the kamera thing before I realised I had to do it from the options menu.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also the take a photo for mr Iron the Astrologer's fanboy
What a sad, sad quest too haha. Second in a row quest about girl breaking guy's heart xD WTF, China? Why so much sadness during festival? All I see is dead romances and people working more than usual for less than usual payment :C

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Personally not a fan of spear characters play style (any of them) but all in all I have liked the events in this patch. Theater mechanics is a fun diversion, I like the "moving pictures" quest as well. At this point I am max AR anyway, so popping in to do dailies and whatever "event" is active is my time with the game and I do most of that while I am on a treadmill, so win/win I guess.

x@3f*oo_e!

Just a note for dummys like me

Charged shots on weakpoints (ruin guard) still work in Theatre Mechanicus (as do all other stagger and shield break effects)

Completed the tasks before I realised this.

What a sad, sad quest too haha. Second in a row quest about girl breaking guy's heart xD WTF, China? Why so much sadness during festival? All I see is dead romances and people working more than usual for less than usual payment :C
So, exactly how modern China is like? Mihoyo better be careful, this kind of Social commentary about the state of China is not welcomed by Xi Jinping.

x@3f*oo_e!

What a sad, sad quest too haha. Second in a row quest about girl breaking guy's heart xD WTF, China?
There were two responses in the quest - I guess both result in "cold hearted bitch" ..

That said there's daily quest for the same pair were the guy explains he pretends to be interesting in astronomy so he can stare at her ass all day .. so who wins really ?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Got pirate

No need to play the PvZ game no mo

L8U4Lsz.gif

Pejo

You guys complaining about the tower defense are crazy. This is a really fun little game mode they added.
It's fine as a side-mode but the fact that all of the event rewards hinge on playing this shit over and over again really sucks. It should have been 1/3 of the event rewards at best, not fucking everything.

I still don't like the minigame in general. Their overhead twin stick shooter or Ikaruga minigame in Honkai is 1000 times more fun, and only requires 1/5th of the time investment.

Saber

You guys complaining about the tower defense are crazy. This is a really fun little game mode they added.

Its boring as fuck for me. Which is a shame, I was genually looking foward to a strategy mini-game. But end-up being more about spamming elemental reactions (electro-charge to be more precise)and praying a Ruin Hunter doesn't spawn, since he is basically Sonic the hedgehog.

Not say its terrible though, it has potential.

Silvawuff

I'm actually liking this minigame. I was a whore for Plants vs. Zombies 12,000 years ago and this hits that same vibe with the simple tower defense.

I've been saving up mats for my 45+ AR ascent so I can immediately bonk up my group to 90, and this event is delivering all those goods.

LOLCats

Banned
Already beat all the challenges from the mini game. What thahell is my free char?
it unlocks in stages, only 1/3rd is unlicked right now. next stage unlocks sunday, which is dumb because people sitting round doing nothing today as the event been going like 4 days already.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Me with my hydro/cryo/electro setup, with fire pillars down the line, +bombs..

Anemo pillar seems to totally suck though. I watched one for ages and it fired about once per round.
ive been doing hydro, cryo and pyro set ups. ya havnt bothered with anemo towers. viridescent hunt works well, especially on riptide childe, knocks em back and holds em in place.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
You guys are struggling too much for no reason imo. Fire and electric is perfectly fine. Throw in some bombs for emergency if you need to and just enjoy the show. I also wouldn't recommend going for the perfect score on low levels. Just upgrade your towers and run 1 perfect round on highest required difficulty.

I'm actually liking this minigame. I was a whore for Plants vs. Zombies 12,000 years ago and this hits that same vibe with the simple tower defense.

I've been saving up mats for my 45+ AR ascent so I can immediately bonk up my group to 90, and this event is delivering all those goods.
I'd strongly suggest that you consider not going past AR 45. There's almost no reason to go past 45 right now. It takes about the same amount of XP to go from 80 to 90 as it does to go from 0 to 80, and the quality of drops you get barely changes in any way. AR 50 seems to largely be a resource trap, at least at the moment.

Fake

Gold Member
Anemo towers are trash. If you guys are having a bad time with the tower game, my advice is your char can't do damage, but you can still mark foes with element (resulting into elemental reaction via towers), you can make enemies feel pain with Claymore chars, you can use Claymore chars to break wooden shileds and you can even use Anemo chars to kick them of the edge.

Recommended towers:

- Electro Tower near to Hydro Tower
- Pyro Tower
- Mines

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Mona fanart is now reaching peak saturation. I always wonder what inspires people to draw this type of stuff.

s8uzfyfds4h61.jpg
Well other than the butt part, that's pretty self-explanatory.
ee7DG8o.png

I've been using hydro/electro towers for funsies because it's fun to freeze them with Ganyu and watch the towers go zappy zappy.

The difficulty apparently ramps up on the next tier, which unlocked in Asia today, so if that becomes less feasible with actual challenge I'll just use electro/pyro towers and admire the explosions.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No idea, this is the only Chinese game that does this kind of trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I don't really care about her bust size, but it would've been nice to have some more diversity there. Most female characters in this game looks entirely the same in terms of figure.

Top Bottom