• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima |OT| - Summer blade cuts through, the PlayStation shall go on, this is its swan song

Bryank75

Banned
Fought a random group last night and one of the archers ran away, I picked up all the supplies on the ground and called my horse..... found the archer fighting a bear very unsuccessfully a bit down the road / trail.
I love that type of emergent stuff.

I wish there was more of that... I like that you can set the grass on fire too, that is very BOTW.

When you light the fire in the lighthouses, nintendo would make you do that through a mechanic rather than it happening in a cutscene....so I hope they think about making these part of the mechanics in future.

Also as we have been discussing, gambling, drinking, fishing and other activities to flesh out the world. Gwent was a big part of the Witcher.

Last edited:
Damn this game is awesome but they took a little too much liberty with some of the translations and the English VA ain't great either. The gameplay and graphics and story though are all reinvigorating me after the disappointment that was TLOU2

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm going to write this, eh... cryptically so I don't spoil anything.

Early into act 2, I was told a tale by the poet about something hidden that was split in pieces. On the way to the closest one, I found a circular structure by the shore, in the marshes of Tsushima.

I found the most intriguing enemy therein and my ass was well kicked, several times.

And so I walked away.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Early into act 2, I was told a tale by the poet about something hidden that was split in pieces. On the way of the closest one, I found a circular structure by the shore, in the marshes of Tsushima.

I found the most intriguing enemy therein and my ass wast well kicked, several times.

And so I walked away.
I know EXACTLY what you mean😂

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Why it's disrespectful to China? They were the first to break through China's Great Wall. They invaded lots of parts of China and some Mongolian descendants in western China, Uyghurs, are being harassed and bullied by the Chinese government right now.

121d4c4413aa31c761d4245d1e5f68a5.jpg

I doubt this article has any source to begin with.

Last edited:

Arkam

Anyone else watching Last Samurai again after playing this?

Was part of my two week Samurai film bender leading up to the release. Real fun movie. Not one of my favorite Samurai films, but it was going for something different.

I am still hoping around Izukara looking for more fox dens and vanity items. Been holding back the main story as much as I can to make sure I hit all the side stuff. Also hit my first "No GO" area. Wish the messaging was more clear that "overwhelming force" = "death" no matter how you fight. Still having an awesome time.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Was part of my two week Samurai film bender leading up to the release. Real fun movie. Not one of my favorite Samurai films, but it was going for something different.

I am still hoping around Izukara looking for more fox dens and vanity items. Been holding back the main story as much as I can to make sure I hit all the side stuff. Also hit my first "No GO" area. Wish the messaging was more clear that "overwhelming force" = "death" no matter how you fight. Still having an awesome time.

Yeah that no go area was like they have some kind of machine gun that shoots arrows. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

PanzerAzel

Once I get to Act III is it no longer possible to fast travel back to the previous areas? If so, that sucks, I have a bunch of side missions I’m in the middle of. I just assumed from how big the upper area was I would’ve been able to. The game should at least give you a warning.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Once I get to Act III is it no longer possible to fast travel back to the previous areas? If so, that sucks, I have a bunch of side missions I’m in the middle of. I just assumed from how big the upper area was I would’ve been able to. The game should at least give you a warning.

You can, just push for one main mission and it'll unfold again. Felt the same first.

Guys without spoiling can you tell me are all the abilities and skills unlockable when you reach the legend status of The Ghost?

I'm in Act 3 and I've become The Ghost and every skill except the Wind guide for Shinto Shrines are unlocked, but I worry the game glitched for me and gave me just one less technical points than it should.... Is there a trophy for unlocking every skill (including one those unnecessary wind guide ones) without spoiling ofc. It would suck if this is a glitch and there's a trophy....

Also having reached Act 3, this game is my favorite open world game and even though I loved TLoU 2 I think GoT beats it for my personal GOTY as it is harder for open world games to be this masterful in story telling. Don't get me wrong TLoU 2 is exceptional in its own right, perfect in every sense but still it is linear world (except for the small part with the map & mini exploration).

I was in a mind that if I see another Ubishit tower, I would feel underwhelmed but GoT is extreme opposite of that, all the activities are non-tiresome and extremely well done and in line with the world. It is a true Role Playing Game in every sense of that RPG acronym that came to be slapped on a lot of games, most undeserving. You really feel like playing a Samurai and for that alone Sucker Punch deserves all the accolades they receive and even more. I wish the game breaks many sales records for the studio and Sony. I will probably double dip and order Special Edition because SP studio deserves it.

Neolombax

Okay the Tengu Boss is giving me the fitts on hard mode. sheit!!!!!

It's a beautiful boss battle, I've never thought i'd say that till I played this game lol.

Just did that last night, was such a fun fight. I noticed that everyone you duel has a different sword style (I think the captains are the same though). Its a neat touch.

PanzerAzel

If anyone wants to have the ronin (or any) suit unblemished by the bow and arrow while keeping arrows in your inventory, simply use up all your arrows for the bow you don’t like/use. You’ll still have the quiver but it’s far better.

I never use the longbow aside explosive arrows so I shoot all the heavy ones, then equip throwables. You have to equip the throwables directly from the empty bow for them not to appear on Jin’s person. If you get rid of heavy arrows, then switch to short bow with arrows, then throwables, the arrows will reappear.

———————-
Act III slight spoiler: Who the fuck is this mongrel rat ass horse? I miss my Kage.

Last edited:

WellSheet

I gots a question!

I’m still in act 1 and My sword is level 6, tanto maxed. Half bow maxed; long bow one level before maxed. I’ve fully upgraded Samurai and Tadayori set; my legend is “the avenging guardian”; I’ve got all stances unlocked and have stone and water maxed...seems like I’m pretty far into the game progression wise and I’ve not even left the first section of the game....

Without spoiling...is there more that happens to deepen the skill tree? More weapons to upgrade? I feel like I’ve gotten myself pretty much towards an endgame sort of status.

Loving the game though! Definitely GOTY of 2020 so far

Rikoi

I gots a question!

I’m still in act 1 and My sword is level 6, tanto maxed. Half bow maxed; long bow one level before maxed. I’ve fully upgraded Samurai and Tadayori set; my legend is “the avenging guardian”; I’ve got all stances unlocked and have stone and water maxed...seems like I’m pretty far into the game progression wise and I’ve not even left the first section of the game....

Without spoiling...is there more that happens to deepen the skill tree? More weapons to upgrade? I feel like I’ve gotten myself pretty much towards an endgame sort of status.

I'm half way into Act 2 and no, there aren't more upgrades so far, once you upgraded your weapons and armors that's all I guess, you will still unlock new armors later on though.

PanzerAzel

I gots a question!

Yes. I actually wish I had progressed further in the story before doing all the side missions as it continually gives you new abilities. Pursue the main quest a bit, and definitely move to Act II.

GlockSaint

I gots a question!

How did you do that? I can't find enough iron for the life of me to even upgrade the sword 5 and 70iron for tanto is just insane. Is there any farming area for it?

Rikoi

How did you do that? I can't find enough iron for the life of me to even upgrade the sword 5 and 70iron for tanto is just insane. Is there any farming area for it?
I don't know if you noticed this already, but you can buy steel, gold, and iron from some trappers NPC.
Every NPC that sells it has 15 iron pieces for sale.

Last edited:

WellSheet

I don't know if you noticed this already, but you can buy steel, gold, and iron from some trappers NPC.
Every NPC that sells it has 15 iron pieces for sale.

I didn’t even purchase any - I just played as I normally would and scoured the environments.

I’ve literally done everything I can. Side missions, Mongol territories; shrines; etc etc ....I’m finally on the mission that I assume is the end of act 1.

I was having my ass handed to me in the beginning. But after a few upgrades i can screw up and still come out on top every time. This is on hard. Does it get harder later on?

Never played any Sucker Punch game but my god this game puts them on my radar and elevates them (in my opinion) to stand proudly alongside Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games and Naughty Dog as one of Sony's premier studios.

On first try they nailed an open world epic aside from the technical issues.

Can't wait to get home and play some more.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It just occured to me these guys are literally the opposite of Kojima.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Having loads of fun with the combat. Not a fan of the pace of some of the “tales” but once you get to a combat section it’s just dope. Needs less talking / walking / following and more exploration and combat but still a blast.

UncleMeat

Just finished it, this game really blew me away. I've had tunnel vision for Cyberpunk all year and really just thought this game would be a good time filler before CP2077. Now I'm not sure CP will be able to dethrone this for my GOTY; it's gonna have to do it with the setting and story telling b/c no way it's beating that combat. And GoT has an amazing setting and lots of epic moments so that will be a tall order as well.

Anyone else watching Last Samurai again after playing this?

No but I did watch Shogun Assassin. Classic 1980 samurai film that I think this game gives a few hat tips to; definitely recommend it.

He definitely slices dudes up like Jin.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

This game does an amazing job of continually satisfying my wants. I keep thinking to myself, “wouldn’t it be cool if....” and then lo and behold, a few hours later, there it is.

This has happened numerous times. It’s like Sucker Punch are mind readers as to what I want in a game about feudal Japan and Samurais. Every time the game begins to feel tedious and that open world formula fatigue starts to creep in, it keeps it fresh. So well done.

JimiNutz

Banned
I was having my ass handed to me in the beginning. But after a few upgrades i can screw up and still come out on top every time. This is on hard. Does it get harder later on?

I love the game but have found this also on hard.
I'm comfortably into Act two and have fully upgraded Samurai armour, a near fully upgraded Katana and my skill trees are almost completely full (especially my stances and deflect trees).
I can just tank through everyone now.

It's kind of fun to just ride into a big camp full of filthy Mongolians and just casually walk around like a Terminator killing everyone in sight but I hope the difficulty ramps up in Act 3.

Some of the one v one 'boss' duels are still a bit challenging the first couple of attempts. I'm still hoping they find a way to patch in some kind of basic online duel game mode so that we can fight each other. Maybe it'd get old quickly but it would be fun to duel others online. I used to enjoy the duel mode in For Honour.

Early into act 2, I was told a tale by the poet about something hidden that was split in pieces. On the way to the closest one, I found a circular structure by the shore, in the marshes of Tsushima.

I found the most intriguing enemy therein and my ass was well kicked, several times.

And so I walked away.

I had the same experience when I started Act 2.
I refused to shame my family name and eventually fucked that ass though.

Last edited:
Fought a random group last night and one of the archers ran away, I picked up all the supplies on the ground and called my horse..... found the archer fighting a bear very unsuccessfully a bit down the road / trail.
I love that type of emergent stuff.

I wish there was more of that... I like that you can set the grass on fire too, that is very BOTW.

When you light the fire in the lighthouses, nintendo would make you do that through a mechanic rather than it happening in a cutscene....so I hope they think about making these part of the mechanics in future.

Also as we have been discussing, gambling, drinking, fishing and other activities to flesh out the world. Gwent was a big part of the Witcher.

......Is there no fishing in this game?

Hold up, I swear go god they had mentioned fishing would be in the game as fishing in Japanese games is like a cultural thing.

I personally haven't seen it happen in my playthrough, I just thought it would come later in the game o.o

Maybe i'm wrong then, but if so, i'm kinda really sad about that.

So over in resetera, GoT threads mention about something very problematic about the game. What exactly is the problem, without posting spoilers can anyone mention why GoT is become controversial?

Probably the fact that japanese people is loving the game and they are mad because they don't listen to white people telling them to be outraged.

Dude if you could share a bit more context, what's this about don't listen to white people telling them to be outraged? what's it all about?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Dude if you could share a bit more context, what's this about don't listen to white people telling them to be outraged? what's it all about?
I was joking, there is some sjw\woke people that is mad that japanese are enjoying the game that suffer from some made up controversial racial stuff, and reeeeee is full of this people.

Top Bottom