• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei hype check...

Where do you land on Ghost of Yotei?

• Played Ghost of Tsushima. Planning on playing Ghost of Yotei.

• Played Tsushima. Won't play Ghost of Yotei.

• Didn't play Tsushima. Planning on playing Ghost of Yotei.

• Didn't play Tsushima. Won't play Ghost of Yotei.

Results are only viewable after voting.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
This looks too much like the Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, and Spider-Man 2 formulas of "pretty much the same game, but MORE!" that Sony has continued to lean heavily into.

I miss the days when we could expect leaps more along the lines of going from Uncharted to Uncharted 2, or inFAMOUS 2 to inFAMOUS Second Son, or The Last of Us to The Last of Us Part II, or hell, even Uncharted 3 to Uncharted 4.

The Sony of old seems to be dead, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Well, one thing I learned after Spider-Man 2, Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok is that these first party sequels left me really disappointed and I much preferred their previous entries, so I'm a bit concerned Ghost of Yotei may share this sentiment. I loved Tsushima and want to like Yotei though, so definitely looking forward to see and read more about it
About the same for me. Disappointed by both FW and Ragnarok for various reasons but mainly because of the direction the Playstation brand is heading since a few years.

About Yotei they are talking about a revenge. I am quite worried about what kind of bad things happened to the character. We'll see but I fear for the worst kind of stereotype.

lachesis

Well, I didn't play Tsushima but if I do play Yotei, I will play Tsushima first before I move to Yotei. (Didn't see that option.. :()

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Im undecided. Im going to play GoT in maybe a week. Hogwarts just keeps going.

But I do think the GoY looks great.

Kerotan

Day 1 but I want to pretend it doesn't exist so the wait feels shorter. So gonna keep hype at zero and hopefully someone on gaf reminds me when it launches.

Loved Horizon series , but I would’ve picked this up if the main Character was Male again . Tired of playing as a women. Horizon was enough .

Yeah I know lame reason but that’s how I’m feeling lol . If the World is amazing maybe I’ll consider it.

Guilty_AI

Oooh...you will buy it, you know it
973944.jpg

The first game was a magical experience to me, like a dream come true. It's like the game was specifically built for me. Everything about it from gameplay to art to music and story gripped me. I'm getting a PS5 for this game.
Pro or standard PS?

I played a little of the first game and enjoyed it before I fell off. I'll finish it someday and play this new one as long as major woke agenda stuff doesn't find its way in. I assume it will, though.

Kacho

Gold Member
I know I’ll play it eventually on PC. It’ll be a decent enough game like the first was.

killatopak

Gold Member
Cautious but hyped. Will need to see more. Despite defending the game based on the trailer, things could go wrong when shown more so I'm not hyped all the way. I hope SP isn't gonna follow the way of Firewalk.

This looks too much like the Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, and Spider-Man 2 formula's of "pretty much the same game, but MORE!" that Sony has continued to lean heavily into.

I miss the days when we could expect leaps more along the lines of going from Uncharted to Uncharted 2, or inFAMOUS 2 to inFAMOUS Second Son, or The Last of Us to The Last of Us Part II, or hell, even Uncharted 3 to Uncharted 4.

The Sony of old seems to be dead, unfortunately.
If I can comment on this a bit. This gameplay loop works for them (similarities in game structure), they can make something very different but this large budget development is too fragile, one "wrong" thing and it impacts other things
They could experiment ideas with small side projects, to give their studios

I am cautiously optimistic, this 'im tired of your shit' face is good, let's just hope that politics won't crack it's story, like it NOT cracked lady massako story.

hinch7

Really looking forward to this. GoT is one of my top games from PS from the last few years.

Should be fairly interesting with guns in combat. And other more advanced weapons/tools with added game mechanics and travel/traversal. Hopefully map is a bit more varied though, as with enemy types and kinds.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm gonna buy it like i do with almost all the open world games but sushi1 was probably the sony open world i enjoyed the less so unless they fixed a lot of the flaws, my hype is medium at best.

Infamous died for this shit :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

dmaul1114

Loved GoT, will definitely play this. Don’t care that it’s set later and not Jin, nor that it’s a female protagonist.

Hell, if anything I slightly prefer female protagonists in third person games. If I’m going to be looking at a character from behind for hours as a straight dude, I’d rather it be a chick, lol. But end of the day, I just don’t care. It’s all about the story, atmosphere, combat etc. for me with games and not the characters gender or appearance etc.

Looking forward to firing this up day one next year on the PS5 Pro I just preordered.

Last edited:
I adored the first game but it’s a hard pass on this for me… call me old fashioned but I find the idea of a woman cutting down dozens of armed men to be comically absurd. It can work in certain games if there is magic or some sort of technology involved but this franchise is more grounded and realistic in tone. As such it’s just a bad fit.

flying_sq

I'm interested in both games, but price is too high for me. Waiting for Tsushima to hit $20, maybe $30 and I'll think about picking it up.

bosnianpie

I'll most likely play it but I can't say my hype is through the roof. First trailer didn't hit right but I think it might grow on me.

Sentenza

I played and SOMEWHAT liked GoT few months ago when it came on PC.
I liked it (even more than I was expecting to, maybe, since "Assassin's Creed clones" aren't really my cup of tea generally speaking), but I was absolutely exhausted by it by the end of the game and its DLC.
I have no interest whatsoever in playing a sequel that wouldn't be a massive improvement in most areas.

Nothing of what we've seen so far of this seems to suggest this is supposed to be one.

Last edited:
Being hype for Ghost of Tsushima back in the day, I purchased it for PC last night and played about an hour. When does it get good, because right now it it just seems ok. Is it supposed to be open world? Secondly, it seems poorly optimized given what's on screen. I'm going to give it a solid shot for sure.

Last edited:

Woopah

I adored the first game but it’s a hard pass on this for me… call me old fashioned but I find the idea of a woman cutting down dozens of armed men to be comically absurd. It can work in certain games if there is magic or some sort of technology involved but this franchise is more grounded and realistic in tone. As such it’s just a bad fit.
Just put it on the hardest difficulty.

Or what would you like the devs to do to make a game about a woman warrior more realistic?

Top Bottom