• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

But I heard it was gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and doofus son-in-law.

The greatest swerve in wrestling of the last 5 years is that it turns out Triple H is actually a pretty competent booker. No one saw that coming. Dude basically spent the mid 00's driving RAW into the ground when he was wrestling. Turns out when he stays the hell off camera and is booking people not himself he knows his shit.

Stephanie McMahon though. Yeesh. The worst kind of "behind the scenes person making themselves a on screen character" you can be. So much egotistical wankery with her.

so do you guys think they're actually going to get those final four MPPs done

I'm doubtful

Worst comes to worst. They can use Extra life for that

Plus apparently they removed 50 turns from the most recent ones so they can be bangged out quick.

justjim89

The greatest swerve in wrestling of the last 5 years is that it turns out Triple H is actually a pretty competent booker. No one saw that coming. Dude basically spent the mid 00's driving RAW into the ground when he was wrestling. Turns out when he stays the hell off camera and is booking people not himself he knows his shit.

Stephanie McMahon though. Yeesh. The worst kind of "behind the scenes person making themselves a on screen character" you can be. So much egotistical wankery with her.

Wasn't it nice of Stephanie McMahon to single-handedly revolutionize women's wrestling, though?

Wasn't it nice of Stephanie McMahon to single-handedly revolutionize women's wrestling, though?

Really? I never heard about that ever. Gosh that Stehpanie McMahon sure is swell!

(thank god the raw womens wrestling managed to survive that Divas Revolution LOOK HOW GREAT STEPHANIE IS oh and there is some wrestling I guess thing.) They still try and sneak in a line about how awesome stephine is to a promo but at least it isnt every. single. segment that involves a women like it was last year

tonka

Someday Vince McMahon is going to die. On that day, WWE will improve tenfold. That's brutal, but it's the truth.

F1 fans have been known to say similar things about Bernie Ecclestone.
The man is 85, and likely to keep on going for years yet.

There is some hope with new owners, but it looks like Bernie is still 3 years away from early retirement.

In short, hope for business things to change before hoping that the guy will wither away and die.

Mr. F

Banned
I was passively looking into TV stuff for potentially buying one sometime in the next 6 months and holy having just had hand-me-downs before I never realized it was this complicated. Especially looking for a smaller set (mid 40" range) it seems a lot of models have major caveats according to certain sites.

save me bakalar

justjim89

F1 fans have been known to say similar things about Bernie Ecclestone.
The man is 85, and likely to keep on going for years yet.

There is some hope with new owners, but it looks like Bernie is still 3 years away from early retirement.

In short, hope for business things to change before hoping that the guy will wither away and die.

I mean, I would love for things to change without any ill befalling a man I've never met. And things have been changing gradually, but for any serious shakeup to happen, it may take something drastic.

Lijik

Plus apparently they removed 50 turns from the most recent ones so they can be bangged out quick.

Yeah I think 9-10 can easily be knocked out in 1-2 hours because of the rule changes. Unless they do something weird like play one round of each of 10's 3 modes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally watched the Jar Time and it got me wondering how much people use the wiki nowadays. I feel like I used it a lot years ago but now I never look at it unless I'm looking for a specific video that featured that game.

Finally watched the Jar Time and it got me wondering how much people use the wiki nowadays. I feel like I used it a lot years ago but now I never look at it unless I'm looking for a specific video that featured that game.

I use it on occasion, but I'm the type of dude who will go on Mobygames to look up people in the credits of games and shit like that.

I used to really be really into wiki stuff, it was neat, but I didn't feel that there was a lot of people actively editing stuff. High profile releases would just be left feeling very barren a lot of the time, probably still the case.

Maybe something like quest would entice people to do stuff?
We need Jeff x Vinny cross coast Rec Room action.
Were will Vinny's setup be?

Edit: I wonder how long Brad will be gone. That Destiny shit is out soon. We need the resident Destiny editor.

bomma_man

I used to really be really into wiki stuff, it was neat, but I didn't feel that there was a lot of people actively editing stuff. High profile releases would just be left feeling very barren a lot of the time, probably still the case.

Maybe something like quest would entice people to do stuff?

Were will Vinny's setup be?

Cnet? I dunno, just make it happen.

I was just lamenting the fact that you can't preorder the PC version of Forza Horizon 3 at Gamestop so I could get that cool toy lamborghini

but then I realized that buying the xbox one version is the same as buying the PC version

the future is now

and yeah, I'll definitely echo the sentiment on Rec Room. That, that game with the happy little wavey yellow robot, and Sound Stage are definitely the coolest things I've seen in VR, and they're REALLY cool.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm so happy that REC ROOM is getting some great appreciation by Jeff (VRodeo 05). It is my GOTY, it is simply incredible.

It was so so good. I think the social interaction elements are really the 'aha' moment when it comes to VR stuff. I'm pretty excited to see how that stuff evolves (even if I don't see myself owning a headset anytime soon).

Reminds me of the PSVR social demo from earlier this year - well worth watch for similar reasons as Rec Room. They do a great job translating body language and facial expressions;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8tMwlZLEM

low key the best moment of the rec room segment was when that dude was like "Whoaaa, how are you so tall?!"

and there was just the moment of "holy shit jeff is tall in the game because he's tall in real life, and all of these children are short in the game because they're short in real life"

I thought on steam you send like your actual account name not your like display name?
I have no idea, mine has always been the same.
low key the best moment of the rec room segment was when that dude was like "Whoaaa, how are you so tall?!"

and there was just the moment of "holy shit jeff is tall in the game because he's tall in real life, and all of these children are short in the game because they're short in real life"
It's weird! I definitely find my self watching my language because I'm around kids, something I wouldn't necessarily consider as much in a non-VR game.

Tagyhag

Yeah it's awesome, I love that games take advantage of that.

That little head pat was adorable.

Megasoum

Banned
Fuck yes... I was finally able to re-activate my PS4 as the primary console.

I couldn't get it to activate as a primary console for the last couple of weeks cause a fucker hacked my account and reset it on the website.

I couldn't reset the devices again because of Sony's policy to only allow one reset via website every 6 months.

I guess having contacts at 1st parties has perks sometimes lol

I just played paintball with Handibot for like an hour. He cheats.

He did call me his "baby boy" though.

I want to become a NeoGAF mod just to ban you.

giphy.gif

I was passively looking into TV stuff for potentially buying one sometime in the next 6 months and holy having just had hand-me-downs before I never realized it was this complicated. Especially looking for a smaller set (mid 40" range) it seems a lot of models have major caveats according to certain sites.

save me bakalar

TVs are always going to be a complicated endeavor. I remember spending a month on and off researching what to get. Ended up settling for a 65" Panasonic VT50 which I absolutely adore. If I were to go for a TV now though, it would most definitely be an OLED.

I recommend reading the reviews on CNET, they were very helpful.

Top Bottom