• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Yeah I know... I've tried at least 5-6 times and I always get bored to death before the 5-6th episode.

It starts off really, really slowly. It's mostly just pushing X for the first 10 episodes, but it gets a lot more interesting once they start actually playing a game.

Risible

Having a resident mod in here is gonna make this thread so much less schizophrenic.

As long as nobody messes with my Drew gifs.

tumblr_mz9hq22FDx1s4wcdio1_250.gif

You have it all wrong - that is a Vinny gif. Look at that expression. Priceless.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Yeah unlike...wait, on second thought, there's enough negative stuff in this thread.

Tiny American flags for everyone!
Hah, I wan't calling out anyone there - but you will rarely catch Drew cutting someone off, if ever, which is a rare thing in the podcast medium as a whole. The podcastosphere.

valeo

The Persona 4 ER was my first introduction to GB. I watched it constantly over 2 weeks. I can completely understand them never wanting to do it again, though.

justjim89

I keep trying to watch the P4 ER, I'm at probably part 25 or so. But I just really don't have any interest in the game or the characters at all. So the more they get invested into the game and the world and the story the less interested I find myself.

The best moment still was early on when the weird blue and red animal thing got its head pulled off by headphones dude and Jeff and Vinny freaked out.

Also, popularity leads to intimacy.

Acid08

Banned
The Persona 4 ER was my first introduction to GB. I watched it constantly over 2 weeks. I can completely understand them never wanting to do it again, though.
I suppose they'll never do a game that long again. I doubt they'll do P5 even though I think that would be amazing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm kind of considering a brief resubcribe to GB. I haven't subscribed since back in the Whiskey Media days

Zaph

Do it. Sub content has been great lately - especially with Breaking Brad back.

Not sure how people use the site without a subscription, their normal, regular content is so bland in comparison (obviously excluding things like E3, console launches etc).

Phatmac

I keep going back to the Persona 4 ER whenever I have nothing left to watch. The chemistry between Jeff and Vinny was unrivaled in the series. I also feel in love with Persona 4 thanks to this ER so it's brilliant.

Is the BioForge stuff actually worth watching? I was bored to tears during the Unprofessional Fridays episode where they first started playing it, but I need more Danny O'Dwyer in my life.

Bacon

Is the BioForge stuff actually worth watching? I was bored to tears during the Unprofessional Fridays episode where they first started playing it, but I need more Danny O'Dwyer in my life.

I watched through it and found there were a few funny parts but it mostly bored me. The opinion is unpopular though so I recommend watching it and deciding for yourself.

If you enjoy laughing, it is completely worth watching.

Honestly, one of my favorite things they have ever done.

I'm kind of considering a brief resubcribe to GB. I haven't subscribed since back in the Whiskey Media days

If you haven't subbed since Whiskey Media then there's a lot of new content to go through (as of now, that's about 10 pages worth of new stuff in the Subscriber video tab since they moved to CBS). Even if you only get a 1 month sub or don't have enough time to watch all of it, they still give subs the option to download the videos so you can always try some of the new content then download the ones you're interested in to watch later.

Also, not sure if this is accepted etiquette but hi! My account finally got approved after years of limbo. I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and am really excited to be able to actually post here.

Although some of you are really creepy....

Zaph

In the span of a single weekend we've had a regular poster become a narc, an angry Brad discussing the finer points of open world gaming etiquette and now some junior is calling the thread creepy.

Can't get much worse. Might as well just lock it now.

Also, not sure if this is accepted etiquette but hi! My account finally got approved after years of limbo. I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and am really excited to be able to actually post here.

Although some of you are really creepy....
Welcome aboard. If you could just let us know your opinions on the best crew member, worst crew member, best at games, worst at games, GOTY choices, and who has the most vibrant sex life, we'll go ahead and mark them on the tally sheet.

Welcome aboard. If you could just let us know your opinions on the best crew member, worst crew member, best at games, worst at games, GOTY choices, and who has the most vibrant sex life, we'll go ahead and mark them on the tally sheet.

Vinny, Alex, Jeff/Rorie, Patrick/Alexis, A Link Between Worlds, Brad/Drew.

Jeff, Brad Nicholson, Jeff, Drew, Bioshock Infinite, Drew (Maybe Alexis)

Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 1, Final Fantasy 7, and Final Fantasy X-2

demidar

Drew worst at games? Drew? Dude creates his own sim PDFs!

It's one thing to draft meticulous plans, and another to execute them.

As for who has the most vibrant sex life, it's obviously the recording station. It gets felt up every weekday for hours on end.

It might be the best thing on the site, period. Download the first episode, and see if it catches you in the first half-hour or so.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Watched it yesterday. Anything else similar?

The best quicklook of all time: Motorbike
Motorbike's real stupid, you should buy it if you like dumb shit. There you go, there's my recommendation. If you like fuckin' terrible games that you can play co-operatively and have it be a - a fuckin' horrible time...a great time that is a horrible time...

- Jeff Gerstmann, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom