• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Does their video player not hide the mouse cursor? That seems crazy, I've had to push my mouse off to the side when I watch stuff. That's like such a standard feature.

Hopefully they will switch to a new player soon.

Honestly the best way to watch their videos is youtube.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Their player is great for me, just auto hide the mouse like 100% of other players out there.

Tan

I can reliably get the controls to go away by mousing out of the bottom of the player. But yeah, still annoying.

The video player has been ok for me since the last update.

Biggest issue is they have been running the same pre roll world of tanks ad for about a year so unless you want to feel embarrassed about esports every time you watch a GB video you are better off using youtube.

I would go yearly premium if Vinny and Jeff just riffed out a new pre roll ad every week for whatever is advertising like the bombcast.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Jeff talking about that pre-internet graphic chat room on the cast reminded me of the Sierra Network. That thing was ahead of it's time. I remember trying it in 94. Look like a social casual game interface from a decade later. It had stuff from Sierra's Hoyle game license, and a dungeon crawler by Dynamix, I think?

01.jpg

FvUVryB.png

2384433105_d9fdf6823e_o.jpg

IISANDERII

I was watching a Giantbomb best-of compilation clip and it shows Jeff and Ryan doing a quicklook[?] of a fighting game where the player can be hacked to bits but still continue fighting. The description of the video says it's Deadliest Warrior: The Second Game but I can't find the quicklook or even a page for it on Giantbomb. It's not the original Deadliest Warrior either because that quicklook is with Alex and Jeff.

Anybody know?

Ken

I was watching a Giantbomb best-of compilation clip and it shows Jeff and Ryan doing a quicklook[?] of a fighting game where the player can be hacked to bits but still continue fighting. The description of the video says it's Deadliest Warrior: The Second Game but I can't find the quicklook or even a page for it on Giantbomb. It's not the original Deadliest Warrior either because that quicklook is with Alex and Jeff.

Anybody know?

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-deadliest-warrior-legends/2300-4508/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hopefully they will switch to a new player soon.

Honestly the best way to watch their videos is youtube.

If you have premium. If not, it sucks ass. I should know as someone who's premium just lapsed.

Here's a tip for non-premiums that want a player that isn't bad, but don't want to sacrifice the HD and 60fps.

Right click the video player and select "Inspect Element".

Double click this big block of text

Copy the URL that follows "Progressive HD". For newer videos, it's the one that ends in "4000.mp4". For some older ones it ends in "3000" and others it ends in "3500".

Paste the URL as is into the address bar. It should look like this - make sure there's no slash at the end.

Code:
v.giantbomb.com\/2014\/01\/13\/vf_nidhogg_ql_011314_4000.mp4

Your browser should automatically deal with the wrong direction slashes and you can view the video with Chromes built in video player.

It lets you drag the bar to any time in the video, supports full 60fps (I believe it's HTML5!), and you get the nice bitrate of the HD videos.

Manbig

There is everything wrong with not wanting to play the sequel of the game of last generation and future game of next/this/last/whenever it counts generation.

You think that maybe some people don't care enough to play the game, but enjoy the Giant Bomb personalities enough to want to watch them play through it? I mean, I know it must be shocking to hear that not everyone thinks that the Souls games are the best thing since sliced bread. Just have a seat for a while until the dizziness stops.

On another note, does anyone have a link to the twitch stream that Patrick is using?

You think that maybe some people don't care enough to play the game, but enjoy the Giant Bomb personalities enough to want to watch them play through it? I mean, I know it must be shocking to hear that not everyone thinks that the Souls games are the best thing since sliced bread. Just have a seat for a while until the dizziness stops.

On another note, does anyone have a link to the twitch stream that Patrick is using?

http://www.twitch.tv/patrickklepek

Been pretty good tonight

Phatmac

The mixlr tonight was golden. Alexis called in and played RBI baseball music on his phone. Also some kid talked to Jeff in the Burger King.

chogidogs

Here's a tip for non-premiums that want a player that isn't bad, but don't want to sacrifice the HD and 60fps.

Right click the video player and select "Inspect Element".

Double click this big block of text

Copy the URL that follows "Progressive HD". For newer videos, it's the one that ends in "4000.mp4". For some older ones it ends in "3000" and others it ends in "3500".

Paste the URL as is into the address bar. It should look like this - make sure there's no slash at the end.

Code:
v.giantbomb.com/2014/01/13/vf_nidhogg_ql_011314_4000.mp4

Your browser should automatically deal with the wrong direction slashes and you can view the video with Chromes built in video player.

It lets you drag the bar to any time in the video, supports full 60fps (I believe it's HTML5!), and you get the nice bitrate of the HD videos.

I'd take that down just to be safe. Downloading high quality videos is a premium feature.

You're basically teaching people how to pirate the content.

Jintor

are google search results tailored? I'm wondering if I should be worried about me searching 'endurance run' and not getting any marathon training results, but entirely persona 4 results.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'd take that down just to be safe. Downloading high quality videos is a premium feature.

You're basically teaching people how to pirate the content.

Hm? Non premium users are allowed to watch the HD content, this is just another method of viewing it in the chrome browser since the default player isn't up to snuff. HD videos aren't a premium only feature anymore and you can't use this to access premium-only videos.

This is really no different than something like watching content using XBMC. Also, technically Youtube is also a "premium" feature, but you can just go to the Youtube page to watch the videos.

I don't think it's really piracy, but if any mods (EmCee!) have a problem with it I'll remove it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jeff talking about that pre-internet graphic chat room on the cast reminded me of the Sierra Network. That thing was ahead of it's time. I remember trying it in 94. Look like a social casual game interface from a decade later. It had stuff from Sierra's Hoyle game license, and a dungeon crawler by Dynamix, I think?

01.jpg

FvUVryB.png

2384433105_d9fdf6823e_o.jpg

Yeah, I want to say someone emulated that as well for a while.

Funny enough, the MMO they introduced - "The Realm" - is still up and running. They still charge for a subscription!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom