• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was watching a Giantbomb best-of compilation clip and it shows Jeff and Ryan doing a quicklook[?] of a fighting game where the player can be hacked to bits but still continue fighting. The description of the video says it's Deadliest Warrior: The Second Game but I can't find the quicklook or even a page for it on Giantbomb. It's not the original Deadliest Warrior either because that quicklook is with Alex and Jeff.

Anybody know?
What was that quick look with the random googly eyed board with kinect? Was that the same quick look that Vinny had the green suit on for? I'd love to watch that magical floating head board again.

Deadliest Warriors Legends is the name of the second game. It's not on the GB youtube but it is on the site.

Tony Hawk Shred is the quick look guest starring Green Man.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I wonder if Jeff ever makes use of his lifetime Star Trek Online membership. I know I'd force myself to if I bought that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Money is no object
iCBe0WGMUYHdD.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The man is pretty well off, he probably doesn't care blowing a couple hundred bucks.

More than that, he's paid a lot more for games he's probably played a lot less. I just love that he bought the lifetime pass, and then seemed to argue in favor of it by saying that having the ability to play it at any time means he isn't pressured to play it constantly to get his monthly fee's worth. So he paid $200+ for the privilege of not playing Star Trek Online.

Darklord

Banned
More than that, he's paid a lot more for games he's probably played a lot less. I just love that he bought the lifetime pass, and then seemed to argue in favor of it by saying that having the ability to play it at any time means he isn't pressured to play it constantly to get his monthly fee's worth. So he paid $200+ for the privilege of not playing Star Trek Online.

Well he owns a new $80,000 car and casually found a game worth about $10,000+ in a box in his garage. Oh and his first idea was to rip it open and play it. Dat CBS money.

Ken

I wonder if Jeff ever makes use of his lifetime Star Trek Online membership. I know I'd force myself to if I bought that.

Right before launch and after the beta I really contemplated on buying a lifetime subscription to STO. Fortunately by debit card had problems getting the purchase through and the offer had expired the next day.

On the other hand I have a lifetime subscription to LOTRO and it doesn't really compel me to play anymore than if I didn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always wish he recorded the second half of 'blurry day extravaganza.' Seeing all of Jeff's weird crap was real interesting.

Well he owns a new $80,000 car and casually found a game worth about $10,000+ in a box in his garage. Oh and his first idea was to rip it open and play it. Dat CBS money.

He was dangerously close to getting a 100k plus car before he got his current one lol

For sure. I love that by moving into the CaH office, Patrick has introduced a whole new vibe to some of the GB content. Hopefully this could lead to more live show projects with Max, Greg and the other folks at that office.

that was part of the plan since he was thinking of quicklooks, etc with Max and co (and some thought they would do an endurance run lol).

Gonna be interesting.

justjim89

Has Patrick gotten to Anor Londo yet? He's progressing through the game seems like 10 times faster than I did. What's his hour count at this point?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's also helpful to your bank balance to have no spouse or kids or holiday trips to pay for when you're within spitting distance of the big four oh.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
So, we're discussing the living expenses of staff members and talking about what cars they own. Is there a specific Creepy Alarm set up here or is there like a hand-signal i'm supposed to do?

popo

Jeff is discussing titty fucking on his tumblr, I doubt he cares that people talk about how much he paid for his car.

OMG Aero

I don't think there's anyone on the crew I agree with 100% of the time and no one I disagree with 100% of the time.
I agree with Cool Baby 100% of the time.
So, we're discussing the living expenses of staff members and talking about what cars they own. Is there a specific Creepy Alarm set up here or is there like a hand-signal i'm supposed to do?
You need to ask Vinny to spend a few hours dangerously wiring a button that sends Emcee a PM.

Agreed. I don't care what they do on their free time, just what they do on their GiantBomb time.
I also love hearing what kind of food they eat

Xater

Next UPF

Drew: World of Tanks
Vinny: Next Car Game
Brad: Metal Gear Solid Rising
Jeff: Magical Chase

There you go. I'd watch that!

Jeff's segment should start with him unboxing Magical Chase while there is a money counter that goes down while he is doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom