• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I want to say someone emulated that as well for a while.

Funny enough, the MMO they introduced - "The Realm" - is still up and running. They still charge for a subscription!

Man, The Realm is the first thing that taught me the fact that a thing called the internet even existed, mostly because I couldn't play it because of that fact.

I don't know if I want to satisfy that 20 year old curiosity or avoid it with the knowledge that it'll never live up to all the things I imagined it might have been.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, The Realm is the first thing that taught me the fact that a thing called the internet even existed, mostly because I couldn't play it because of that fact.

I don't know if I want to satisfy that 20 year old curiosity or avoid it with the knowledge that it'll never live up to all the things I imagined it might have been.
You can check it out now!
http://www.realmserver.com/

eQCsdf2.gif

I don't remember anything about it, other than the fact that I liked playing it because it basically looked like a Sierra game. Also, I remember camping a spawn point for some rare pants. lol

Anth0ny

Jeff not liking the AKI wrestling games fucking baffles me. I love those games so damn much.

I guess we could add it to the list:

Things Jeff Hates said:
Affliction clothing
American McGee's Alice
Anime
Anime fans that "learn four words in Japanese and DESU DESU DESU their way around the world."
Applebee's
Avenged Sevenfold
Avocados (Jeff shares this hatred with Vinny's son Max).
Being told to "discuss" or asked for "thoughts"
Betas that are really demos
BlazBlue
Bobby Kotick
Boxing
Brad Garrett
Bruce Campbell references post-1997
Butterscotch
Camping
"Chipotle" as shorthand for spicy food
Chipotle, the restaurant. Specifically their rice, which Jeff claims is "the worst burrito rice" ever.
Circuit Breakers and similar Micro Machines-style racing games
Cisco (the beverage)
Coconut flavor
Comic book superheroes
Counter-Strike
Cowboys
Coyote Ugly
Crates
Crysis
Cute or wacky robots
Damon Baird
Demon's Souls
Disturbed
Dragon Ball Z
Druids
Dynasty Warriors
Fable III
Family Feud games
Family Guy
Far Cry (the original)
F.E.A.R.
Final Fantasy post-SNES
Friends (the show, not the concept)
Friends (the concept)
Football
Futurama
Game Room
George Broussard
Gin
Ginger ale
Grease (the movie, not the substance)
Half-Life
Halo 2
Hard-boiled eggs
Harry Potter
Headshots
Hippies
Hollywood Squares (the game)
Human beings
Infographics
Inventory management
Jurassic Park
Katt Williams
Kingdom Hearts
Lil' B
Lil' Wayne
LIMBO
Lime flavor
Machinima
Magic wands
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mondays
Monk
Most (but not all) Led Zeppelin songs
Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face
Mustard on his corn dogs
NiGHTS into Dreams...
Ninja Gaiden
No Limit Top Dogg (except that one song)
Non-chain restaurants
Onions (it's a textural thing)
Outdoors
Gummy products, especially when oversized
Pears
People who don't give him his change
Papa Murphy's Take and Bake Pizza Chain
Pickles
Playing video games cooperatively
Putting his hands into a pile of raw meat to dig out bullet casings
Sequels to Predator
Sequels to The Terminator
Rebecca Chang
Resident Evil
Red Dead Redemption
Rick Ross (except that song on Kanye's album)
Rock Revolution
Role-players
Root beer after midnight
Ryan Davis
Ryan Davis' shirt ideas
Scorpions (but not Scorpion)
Seafood
Seinfeld (the show and the comedian)
Skullcandy headphones
Slim Jims
Sniping
Sonic the Hedgehog games, characters, and music made after 1993 (i.e. every entry in the franchise except the original, the first sequel and Sonic CD)
Splashing
Spiders
Splinter Cell
Star Wars (In general)
Stoners
Superman (The hero and the movies)
Swingers fans
Tecmo Super Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
The $1,000,000 Pyramid
The Grateful Dead
The Lord of the Rings
Tim Burton
Tower defense
Traffic
Samurai Shodown games after II, especially Samurai Shodown SEN.
Smackdown
Split-screen multiplayer
Street Fighter III
Strep throat
Super Metroid
Tekken 4
Vampires, generally
Vinegar
Yelp reviews
Yoshi's Island
You
"You guys"
Watching movies with friends
When his hands smell like metal
When people like things
Warm milk
Xenomorphs
Zombies
Video games

Majora's Mask, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island and Resident Evil. God damn.

Brashnir

I guess we could add it to the list:

Majora's Mask, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island and Resident Evil. God damn.

I don't think he hates Super Metroid; he was just disappointed that he got it right when it came out and then beat it in a few hours. He's right about all of those other things.

Xater

Ok what kind of weirdos are the GB crew where meat would for some reason disqualify chicken?

Also beef Bratwurst is godlike.

popo

What the fuck is with the bombcrew's fixation with having meat = beef?

It was mainly Vinny, which is odd because I thought italians used a lot of pork. Italian meatball, I would expect to see some combo of beef, pork and maybe veal.

are google search results tailored? I'm wondering if I should be worried about me searching 'endurance run' and not getting any marathon training results, but entirely persona 4 results.

It is number of pages with endurance and run next to each other. Since there are hundreds with those words at GB and fitness sites have numerous different combos such as endurance training or distance run, GB it going to be high up on searches.

Blu(e)

I had to log in to say Nidhogg looks incredible. Look super fun with some friends. Have the developers mentioned other platforms?

Xater

I had to log in to say Nidhogg looks incredible. Look super fun with some friends. Have the developers mentioned other platforms?

From what I could find they are working on Linux and Mac. A console port is also something they are looking into.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For sure. I love that by moving into the CaH office, Patrick has introduced a whole new vibe to some of the GB content. Hopefully this could lead to more live show projects with Max, Greg and the other folks at that office.

Definitely, it was good to see people more knowledgeable at the game.

Zaph

Maybe Patrick can set up a Giant Bomb satellite office.
No joke, the way Max is using his CAH success to become more about a brand than a specific product, I wouldn't be completely surprised if this came about in some form. Jeff already has a lot of ties to Chicago.

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/73387986175/what-are-some-old-classics-that-you-missed-out-on-and

I would love to see Jeff play Snatcher. The VO in the game still holds up pretty well. And the interactions between Gillian and Jamie are some of favorite moments. Such great emotion and chemistry.

The VO was leagues better than anything else at the time but isn't as strong these days. Still, it'd be worth it just to see jeff's reaction to the shitty lightgun segments.

I'm at work so I haven't been able to watch the Quick Look of 3089 yet, but I hope that the guys are more open minded than some of the site's commenters are. I think it's a fun little gem of a game and find the graphics charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom