• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Well would go against the spirit of Breaking Brad because he is supposed to play something difficult. MGR isn't exactly difficult.

MGR on Hard would be easier than DMC, but not that much easier.

"Breaking Brad" is a clever name, but "Brad making steady progress, having fun, and eventually finishing a game he otherwise wouldn't play" is fine by me.

Brashnir

Next car Game's physics bug me in the way that almost all videogame physics bug me. Everything is just too light and flimsy and seems designed in a very "look at me I'm physics!" way.

It's basically the physics version of those games early last gen where they made everything shiny to make sure nobody could miss the normal-mapped textures. It just ends up looking dumb.

bjork

Forgot about Spelunky for a good while until Patrick's videos. Damn you, Klepek! I want my yesterday afternoon back!

Actually, scratch that. It was fun, so thanks for the reminder.

eot

Banned
He's just stream sniping. If you know what level someone is, and which area they are in, it's not difficult to get in a certain game, especially 2 or 3 years after release.

What kind of miserable shit keeps streamsniping the same guy with the most boring invasions known to man? I guess it's the patrick hate brigade, ugh.

Brashnir

What kind of miserable shit keeps streamsniping the same guy with the most boring invasions known to man? I guess it's the patrick hate brigade, ugh.

Yeah that guy is a real piece of shit, but it was worth it for the "Fuck You , Flake!" moment last stream.

Kerned

Banned
I don't know, on the one hand, invasions are a part of the game. Everyone has had to deal with OP invaders disrupting their game at one time or another. On the other hand, Flake has a completely unfair advantage (obviously) and isn't really playing fair, and that's pretty douchey.

Someone should invade Patrick and leave him present.

LiK

Patrick just needs to stay undead if he wants to avoid it. It's not like he's planning on using summons much anyway. He may miss more NPC invaders but they're not that interesting. I wouldn't mind him beating Flake for once.

Brashnir

Patrick just needs to stay undead if he wants to avoid it. It's not like he's planning on using summons much anyway. He may miss more NPC invaders but they're not that interesting. I wouldn't mind him beating Flake for once.

He only ever really becomes human to Kindle, which is pretty necessary for a lot of areas.

demidar

Anyone who's still playing Dark Souls online are so disgustingly good that you might as well just jump off a ledge, it'd be less cruel.

Of course, the game's hit detection fucking sucks so there's that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anyone who's still playing Dark Souls online are so disgustingly good that you might as well just jump off a ledge, it'd be less cruel.

Of course, the game's hit detection fucking sucks so there's that.

I feel like I'm encountering a lot of people who are either terrible at PVP or equally new to the game as I am. I've only been invaded once by somebody who was laughably strong, and that was when I was really early in the game where I'm sure you get the biggest jackasses going late game with a low level character. Even when I was invaded nonstop in Anor Londo, it wasn't by people who were amazing or had stupid equipment.

Patrick's different, he obviously has himself a little stalker who is watching the stream. But for an average new player there should be no overwhelming fear of invasion.

I got invaded in the Painted World last night but I had the Chameleon spell. I used it and then used one of my best spells to two-shot him when his back was to me. Felt great!

Kerned

Banned
I got invaded in the Painted World last night but I had the Chameleon spell. I used it and then used one of my best spells to two-shot him when his back was to me. Felt great!

Nice. I've never actually made use of chameleon, though last night I got invaded in the Tomb of Giants and I just hid, which had a similar effect (except for the part where you actually killed the invader).

demidar

I feel like I'm encountering a lot of people who are either terrible at PVP or equally new to the game as I am. I've only been invaded once by somebody who was laughably strong, and that was when I was really early in the game where I'm sure you get the biggest jackasses going late game with a low level character. Even when I was invaded nonstop in Anor Londo, it wasn't by people who were amazing or had stupid equipment.

Patrick's different, he obviously has himself a little stalker who is watching the stream. But for an average new player there should be no overwhelming fear of invasion.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. Story of my life.

Aerocrane

Is next car game using soft body physics or something? Damage model is amazing

Yeah, it is. Taken from the Steam store page:

"Exciting Engine
Our in-house ROMU engine is a hell-bent beast that's precision-engineered for high-speed, breakneck racing. We have also already implemented fully deformable soft body car damage, meaning that the cars will react to damage in a very tangible, convincing way. While we're focused on action, motorsport authenticity is not forgotten, either. To that end our engine is simulating vehicle dynamics in a very sophisticated fashion. Rolling resistances, casters and slip angles are definitely not ancient Greek to us, and you as the player will be the one benefiting from our expertise."

mattp

god dammit

Max Temkin ‏@MaxTemkin 5m
@JosephJBroni just announced that iron galaxy is relaunching windjammers on the Spelunky stream! #scoops #breaking

Ohwiseone

I hope he isn't joking. Think it would be awesome if windjammers was going to be remade.

And yes I will pay a stupid amount of money for it.

popo

I read that windjammer thing as a joke from the off, surprised anyone took it seriously. Lang didn't even say it did he?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I read that windjammer thing as a joke from the off, surprised anyone took it seriously. Lang didn't even say it did he?

I think Dave Lang's proven that there doesn't need to be a difference between "just an office joke" and "an actual product that's released for sale."

mattp

2591760-davelang2.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Is today's Spelunky run archived anywhere yet? I don't see it on Patrick's twitch or youtube accounts.

Edit: Ah it's on Giantbomb's account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom