• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking Brad part 3 was painful. Where did the Brad from part 2 who seemed like he was figuring the game out disappear to?

He's so afraid of levelling up. My god what if the game disc explodes if I get an additional strength point. Then after doing the math and figuring out that higher stats = good, he puts points into magic, while explaining that he likes hitting things with a sword. Then he goes on to yell "Oh this is cheap this is so cheap I'm not doing this" whenever he pulls out the magic wand.

And the only two things he thinks of doing at the start of 4-1 are to either run up to the archer and get stabbed in the back by the other skeleton, or pull the other skeleton away and fight it in direct range of the archer. For 2,5 hours. Mygod.

Breaking Brad part 3 was painful. Where did the Brad from part 2 who seemed like he was figuring the game out disappear to?

He's so afraid of levelling up. My god what if the game disc explodes if I get an additional strength point. Then after doing the math and figuring out that higher stats = good, he puts points into magic, while explaining that he likes hitting things with a sword. Then he goes on to yell "Oh this is cheap this is so cheap I'm not doing this" whenever he pulls out the magic wand.

And the only two things he thinks of doing at the start of 4-1 are to either run up to the archer and get stabbed in the back by the other skeleton, or pull the other skeleton away and fight it in direct range of the archer. For 2,5 hours. Mygod.

It irks me a bit whenever Vinny tells Brad to use the magic. It'll be so much easier now and in the long run to just focus on melee. The falchion is an absolutely insane weapon too! It can hit so hard and fast, so with a few upgrades it really turns into a beast. Brad should probably invest in a bow if he wants a ranged weapon. Being able to actually aim your projectiles makes quite a difference.

Limit

Yeah it looks like Brad has very low gaming self esteem. Complete antithesis of how Vinny plays.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah it looks like Brad has very low gaming self esteem. Complete antithesis of how Vinny plays.

Well, that is kinda understandable considering people always, always, always shit on him. After almost every video he does people complain about him being too slow or too fast or not playing right or playing too right or anything really. He just has a completly different style than Vinny, and his is a bit less enjoyable to watch.
I don't mind his playstyle as much as other people seem to, I actually enjoy it at times. He approaches games completly different than Vinny which might not sound like a good thing to some people, but I enjoy this difference.

What people forget about Load Our Last Souls is, that Vinny was massively overpowered if you are honest. I beat the game at the level he started at and I'm not some Dark Souls nut who plays the game without leveling up. I mean he was able to pretty much tank through every boss after remembering how to play the game. That's something Brad simply can't do.

Bilix

So Ian left Giant Bomb because he was sick of Rorie's DMing in Pathfinder and went to work with Dave so that they could do their own Pathfinder games, right?

I know none of that is true, but it's fun to imagine.

Brashnir

Soul arrow might be fine, but a bow lets you shoot from a lot farther back.

I guess. I was still far enough back to be out of range of
the big fireballs that split into 3 and filled the entire hallway and the webs that spread out as well. I only had to dodge the single fireballs and the long-straight web. It was an easy fight.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Am I imagining things or was there ane "Unfinished" for Audio Surf 2 at some point? I can't find it on the site.

I don't think so but Jeff keeps talking about doing an Unfinished for it. So I guess it'll happen at some point.
I hope they do an Unfinished for Betrayer, I still don't know what that game is or if it's any good

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I really would've enjoyed seeing Brad's Dark Souls build myself on UF. I started a new character a few days ago and have been going pure sorcerer. The tip page I'm following had me playing all out of order to get the crimson set and a maxed out magic weapon and unlock all the magic vendors. Things have been going a lot quicker and it's a pretty fun class to play as.

crown of dusk + bellowing dragonscrest ring = watch everything die immediately.

Odrion

Banned

Brad's right to fear leveling up as it costs more each time, and wasting those early points when shit's cheap is rough.

Phatmac

Anyone know why they didn't do a quicklook of SMTIV?
None of them were going to play SMT4 long enough for a quick look to make sense? Even if they do fans of the games would probably hate it. It's a shame because it's a good game. You could ask the same question for a lot of games.

-KRS-

Shit I just realised that my sub has expired. Gonna have to wait until next month to resub. There haven't been any deals on that yet right? Or did I miss it? There wasn't anything during the holidays.

OMG Aero

Shit I just realised that my sub has expired. Gonna have to wait until next month to resub. There haven't been any deals on that yet right? Or did I miss it? There wasn't anything during the holidays.
Whenever he's asked about it in the chat Rorie says that there hasn't been any sales because they need to fix something on the backend and there won't be a sale until whenever that gets done. Some of the PAX codes still work though, but someone has to manually activate your account so expect to wait a day or so until you become premium again.

-KRS-

Whenever he's asked about it in the chat Rorie says that there hasn't been any sales because they need to fix something on the backend and there won't be a sale until whenever that gets done. Some of the PAX codes still work though, but someone has to manually activate your account so expect to wait a day or so until you become premium again.

Ah I see. Oh well I'll just pay full price for it. Not going to bother with those codes. I think they're worth it anyway. Thanks anyway for the link though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom