• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Just listening to last week's podcast now. I think Brad should stop caring so much about items in video games. I don't think I've ever played a game that allowed you to fuck up a playthrough by accidentally using a consumable you weren't supposed to use. Just use the damn things and if it turns out later that you need more of them, worry about them then!

As Jeff once said, use the fucking ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0LT4Wu5KUA

Xater

Started watching the Tomb Raider QL, bummed out that they are playing the inferior version.

Edit: Oh they switch it later on. Oh my the camera movement is immediately way smoother.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I'm relistening to an old podcast where will smith is talking about tested being a tech site that's not actually cynical about tech.

How times have changed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just listened to last weeks bombcast. Does anybody know when it was established that Brad is the only one who is allowed to usher in the age of emails? I'm just currious how that came to be.

Dany

Banned
Man, I'm relistening to an old podcast where will smith is talking about tested being a tech site that's not actually cynical about tech.

How times have changed.

Ha I just listened to that too. I''m going through old bombcasts. Its weird hearing how much they've changed :p

LiK

I just listened to last weeks bombcast. Does anybody know when it was established that Brad is the only one who is allowed to usher in the age of emails? I'm just currious how that came to be.

A long time ago he would announce it himself. Now it's become sorta an in-joke.

popo

Started watching the Tomb Raider QL, bummed out that they are playing the inferior version.

Edit: Oh they switch it later on. Oh my the camera movement is immediately way smoother.

Which is the sub par version in your opinion? The one that dips below 30 fps or the one that fluctuates between 30 and 60 so much that it looks juddery?

Both lazy cash in ports IMO that should have been $20 downloadables.

Lunzio

Which is the sub par version in your opinion? The one that dips below 30 fps or the one that fluctuates between 30 and 60 so much that it looks juddery?

As far as I know from reading the Digital Foundry article, the PS4 version averages around 52 fps, while the XONE averages around 30 or so. So it's not necessarily a jittery mess. At its worst, the PS4 version is smoother than the Xbox version.

Would've been more appropriate at $40 though.

eliochip

Average framerate is ~50.

Also, I'm playing through it right now on PS4 and don't see juddering

Xater

well you are obviously wrong, also I am not buying either. Didn't even buy the original release. This is isn't the Tomb Raider I want. Might as well wait for the next Uncharted.

Morts

How the hell does she keep a flawless body for her other games when she should be all scarred up?

It's a reboot? Maybe they'll give her a wicked scar in the sequel, considering how much everyone talked about how she got impaled on that spike back when the game first came out.

Odrion

Banned
It's a reboot? Maybe they'll give her a wicked scar in the sequel, considering how much everyone talked about how she got impaled on that spike back when the game first came out.
She is not going to have a wicked scar.

But yeah, videogames.

I swear I only notice GB's 60fps player when they jump from a 30fps game to a 60fps one.

I guess I am the same with framerates in general. If its 30 I am ok, if its 60 I am ok. If it drops a few frames here or there I dont care but if it drops into the teens or the framerate randomly decides to half it self in random levels like MGS2 on Vita or Dark Souls then I notice.

Might get Tomb Raider. Need something to test if my PS4's disc drive actually works.

Zaph

Not gonna lie, the Jeff & Dave drivetime mixlr is the best 'content' GB has put out in a while. Reminds me of the WM days.

Alot of Whiskey Media nostalgia recently in this thread..

Can they all just leave CBSi and Kickstarter another gaming website using Dave's company's tech as its backbone already?

I want to see what they think they can get with a Endurance Run Stretch Goal

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
My favorite moment for some reason in the UPF (gif made by AssinAss at GB):

NzQYI5f.gif

Of course Brad immediately damage controls the differences in Tomb Raider. Never forget him insisting the consoles would be exactly the same during the PS4 reveal video.

Aaron

Of course Brad immediately damage controls the differences in Tomb Raider. Never forget him insisting the consoles would be exactly the same during the PS4 reveal video.
I understand why he does it because he doesn't really know since he hasn't played both versions a lot... but he should just not say anything along those lines. Stop with the guarded speculation, and stick with is known. Especially when it comes to power differences between the two consoles. That's just dangerous territory.

Fox318

Alot of Whiskey Media nostalgia recently in this thread..

Can they all just leave CBSi and Kickstarter another gaming website using Dave's company's tech as its backbone already?

I want to see what they think they can get with a Endurance Run Stretch Goal

Didn't they sell their souls to CBS?

Isn't that how the negotiations went down?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I understand why he does it because he doesn't really know since he hasn't played both versions a lot... but he should just not say anything along those lines. Stop with the guarded speculation, and stick with is known. Especially when it comes to power differences between the two consoles. That's just dangerous territory.
But developers are still trying to work out the full potential of the Bone, don't you know?

Didn't they sell their souls to CBS?

Isn't that how the negotiations went down?
They sold their souls to John Davison. Who then took those souls and used them to start a mobile game company.

Zaph

I'm guessing Jeff wasn't on the QL? That dude is fully aware of the importance of ~60fps and probably would have called Brad on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom