• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

2QTVm1a.png

That look of contained joy, lol.

Also, of course he's going on about the concept of bosses and what not. Just enjoy the win, Scoops!

This is the best picture.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The best ring in the game doesn't seem all that great to Brad.

Brad's invested so heavily into magic, now refuses to use it for some reason. It's a perfectly valid way to play! You're not going to get so far hitting things because you haven't been building for hitting things.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Its weird to see an article about empathy and respect in online discourse include a dismissive and demeaning comment like "learn to form a real argument" aimed at a disembodied anonymous tweet. Especially given the context of that tweet. I mean, I'm not personally offended by it and agree with Patrick and the article but its just kind of vitriolic and petty. (though on a scale of "You're awesome" to "I'm gonna kill you" it definitely is a lot closer to the former.) And I'm the king of making petty remarks in a closing statement. IDK, good article with lots of good links.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I like how when Brad dies, it's nearly always preceded by a comment like "these guys don't seem so tough".

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I like how when Brad dies, it's nearly always preceded by a comment like "these guys don't seem so tough".
He really has a knack for disproving himself within 20 seconds. I can't think of other examples but I feel like thats such a Brad thing to do. Brad is my favorite of the crew by far.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't understand why he highlights these people, especially when they're literally just repeating each other.
I guess its about letting people know what he has to go through, or just venting steam. He doesn't have to take it all without speaking out.

i have the same tendency though. Especially in a game where every new enemy could be some asshole who ends you with one hit, I often say to myself "Okay, I died now, but those guys aren't that bad. I can totally take them next time"

An-Det

He really has a knack for disproving himself within 20 seconds. I can't think of other examples but I feel like thats such a Brad thing to do. Brad is my favorite of the crew by far.

Another one from earlier in tonight's stream was him saying "this seems reasonably safe" right before being slaughtered by two dudes with giant swords. It was perfect.

KingKong

God fucking damit. From Patrick's Twitter

Fucking hell, what a piece of shit.

Havent listened to the mp3 but seriously, a podcast about how people like Dark Souls? I get that he really likes the game but he got into it so late and way after all the critical and cult status attention that writing articles and making podcasts about it just feels lame

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Havent listened to the mp3 but seriously, a podcast about how people like Dark Souls? I get that he really likes the game but he got into it so late and way after all the critical and cult status attention that writing articles and making podcasts about it just feels lame

Nah, its awesome. Everyone is pumped on Dark Souls. AND the sequel is coming out. He did a collage-cast just recently but I've already forgotten the topic. It might have been a 2013 retrospective? It was cool and fun.

Dark Souls is still very much a part of our daily experience. In a lot of ways it feels like the Dark Souls train has only just really gotten started.

TentPole

I always hated the way Lizards were handled in this game and thought Dark Souls did it far better... but maybe there is something lost now that they can't be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom