• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I'm pretty sure it's because the game is in flash, but can't remember. They'd have to re-code the game in a different language or whatever.

It's built in Flash so it's impossible to offer controller support. Is Joy2Key really that difficult to install?

As someone that's played a ton of Binding of Isaac with the keyboard, I'm pretty sure I couldn't even play it with a controller at this point.

Maybe not code on flash in the first place? dunno. If they are asking money for a game these days I think it should have the option. That is just my opinion though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Joy2Key was never a problem for me, but I play a lot of smaller and early indie games that don't have controller support added (yet) along with some older games that don't properly support the 360 controller. A lot of people use a keyboard though, and I use face buttons for shooting instead of the second stick anyway.

I've owned Isaac forever but never got into it because it lacks native controller support. It's a dual joystick roguelike that doesn't support dual joystick controllers grumblegrumble

I'm with you, man. I've messed around with Joy2Key and stuff but nothing feels quite right. Looking forward to the new version that adds real controller support.

I like the balance Vinny has struck with breaking brad lately. He's letting him explore on his own, not giving him too many gameplay tips or telling him about every little hidden secret, but when there's something he has no chance to find on his own, like ostrava, he's ok letting chat tell them where to go.

Can't believe Brad didn't take at least one shot at Lance Boss Guy at 1-3 though

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt they'll give them expressed permission to include luchadeer but I also think the gb crew won't mind if they do. There have been plenty of games with GB references and easter eggs.
Yeah, I still have these Giant Bomb themed Super Monday Night Combat items in my Steam inventory. I don't even know how I got them, I never played that game. But they are non-marketable and non-tradable, so I guess I'll have them forever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YANz5-P_32c

Does rebirth have full 360 degree shooting?
Doesn't look like it: http://edmundm.com/post/77421945891/new-binding-of-isaac-rebirth-alpha-gif

Aerocrane

Yeah, I still have these Giant Bomb themed Super Monday Night Combat items in my Steam inventory. I don't even know how I got them, I never played that game. But they are non-marketable and non-tradable, so I guess I'll have them forever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YANz5-P_32c

The Super Monday Night Combat items were given out in a promotion when the game was featured on a Thursday Night Throwdown. I think you had to go to a website to get a code which you then had to activate to receive the items.

jgminto

ip1ADnT8wybBB.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I like the balance Vinny has struck with breaking brad lately. He's letting him explore on his own, not giving him too many gameplay tips or telling him about every little hidden secret, but when there's something he has no chance to find on his own, like ostrava, he's ok letting chat tell them where to go.

Can't believe Brad didn't take at least one shot at Lance Boss Guy at 1-3 though

Ostrava isn't a hidden thing at all. It's almost entirely on the critical path of the level.

The Witch is obscure as fuck tho.

justjim89

Thief review seems in line with the consensus. Quite a shame, especially because I pre-ordered on Steam. But I'll take a middling stealth game over no stealth game. It just seems like a combination of problems and a lack of really exceeding at one particular thing that drags the game down. all it has going for it is good sneaking in cramped environments around bad AI with frequent load times bookended by a terrible story.

Quite disheartening.

DJ88

DId something in gianbomb's video player change recently? I can no longer watch their videos on the Wii U :(

Used to use it to watch the videos on their site on my TV perfectly, now it says to use an html5 compatible browser. Yeah I can watch them off youtube but no 60 fps kinda sucks.

Stackboy

Cara Ellison is on the pretty short list of people that, IMO, are a perfect fit for Giant Bomb. Has interesting opinions - and seems to have an interesting personality to go with it. I guess she would not have an interest in joining the site outright, but Patrick should bring her on Bombin' more often (monthly?) if given the chance,

The other people on that list would be the likes o Danny O'Dwyer and Jeff Green.

This is her second time on Patrick and Alex's show yeah? Is it wrong that I take that as a sign that she might become a permanent fixture at GB?

I stand corrected. But it sure is a hassle to use J2K. Almost quit out of the game once since my confirm buttons aren't what they usually are.

I could never get my gamepad setup perfect in J2K for The Binding of Isaac. Got frustrated and decided to just wait for the upgrade to come out.

KarmaCow

Watching a person new to Binding of Isaac as well as watching the vanilla game is really eye opening. There are so many things that I do that are second nature but only really comes from happening to run into it for the first time. I'm curious to see how Patrick grows over time but frankly it's kinda boring to watch an hour of it at a time.

Jintor

This is her second time on Patrick and Alex's show yeah? Is it wrong that I take that as a sign that she might become a permanent fixture at GB?

Well you're at least a year off since she's doing her embedding thing for the rest of the year, it sounds like

Brashnir

That's definitely an overreach. It's fair to take it to mean that she could become be a regular guest on the show, but I wouldn't take it any farther than that.

Zaph

That's par for the course for almost every major gaming website.

Wish there was more reliable non-endemic advertising in this industry, but there isn't.

ArjanN

Thief dude on the right side kind of looks like Jeff.

How spoilery is the LoS2 quick look in regard to the first game. I was going to start that game soon.

Very spoilery. Vinny basically recaps the entire story/twists from the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom