• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it generally take for GB to fix their uploads? I'm getting antsy - I want to see the AFIRE!

You pronounce 'v' as 'wii'? Not 'vee'?

I guess he meant /viː/ /aɪ/ /aɪ/ (VII). The X in FFX stands for ten, so pronouncing it as the letter x is pretty stupid. :lol

And yes, Resi is the nickname/shorthand for Resident Evil in German. (I hate it.)

Let's just get that out of the way...

I will sometimes write Resi Evil on the Internet but I never say that when talking, then its always Resident Evil. I probably do write Resi Evil less now though as I've grown up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Final Fantasy Ecks thing became completely excusable with the first official stupidest video game title of all time, Final Fantasy X-2.

The Final Fantasy Ecks thing became completely excusable with the first official stupidest video game title of all time, Final Fantasy X-2.

It's going to be real weird if they continue making Lightning games... I mean, the next one would have to be Lightning Returns 2: Final Fantasy XIII-4.

Square-Enix is crazy.

rbanke

Not sure why I'm all of a sudden asking about this, but its on my mind.

Do many other people not post much on the GB forums because they feel a bit disjointed? I can't put my finger on why, but it never has felt like a comfortable experience and every time I think to myself 'hey maybe i'll start reading/posting there' I end up not. Maybe it's because everything has it's own forum and I prefer simplified forum (like GAF) structures. Just wondering if I'm the weirdo here.

I haven't watched the Mercenary Kings quicklook, but I'm guessing Brad didn't beat the boss in time and had to go look for it again?

Three things about that:

1) You can beat a boss before it goes anywhere. It's easily doable and basically counts on you not wasting a ton of time.

2) There are in-game body mods that let you see which boss site the boss is at. So even if it runs away, you can check the map to go find it again.

3) You're given loadout options for a reason. If you take a boss mission, it's expected you grab your shotgun or high-powered rifle. Taking a spray-and-pray gun without mods for a boss is like going in to a Monster Hunt for a flying monster with a hammer.

Mind you, I also think Mercenary Kings is super boring and the Metal Slug comparisons are skin-deep since the game isn't designed nearly as lovingly or expects half as much from the player as Metal Slug games do.

Zaph

Do many other people not post much on the GB forums because they feel a bit disjointed? I can't put my finger on why, but it never has felt like a comfortable experience and every time I think to myself 'hey maybe i'll start reading/posting there' I end up not. Maybe it's because everything has it's own forum and I prefer simplified forum (like GAF) structures. Just wondering if I'm the weirdo here.
The GB forums have always felt weird, maybe it's because of the pagination? Or difficult to read quoting? I dunno, just never liked them either. Also, some of the mods are insufferable and so far up the culture of GB's arse, they can't see daylight.

TBH, there's no real point to any other entertainment forums apart from GAF. The cross-section of people here is great, with lively OT's covering pretty much everything. The only other forums I post at are profession related.

I just post here because this is on GAF and I'm here anyway. I have no interest in reading a billion different forums for every podcast I listen to (which is a shame, because some of those forums have cool stuff happening). Those small communities also tend to get pretty circlejerky.

Xater

I haven't watched the Mercenary Kings quicklook, but I'm guessing Brad didn't beat the boss in time and had to go look for it again?

Three things about that:

1) You can beat a boss before it goes anywhere. It's easily doable and basically counts on you not wasting a ton of time.

2) There are in-game body mods that let you see which boss site the boss is at. So even if it runs away, you can check the map to go find it again.

3) You're given loadout options for a reason. If you take a boss mission, it's expected you grab your shotgun or high-powered rifle. Taking a spray-and-pray gun without mods for a boss is like going in to a Monster Hunt for a flying monster with a hammer.

Mind you, I also think Mercenary Kings is super boring and the Metal Slug comparisons are skin-deep since the game isn't designed nearly as lovingly or expects half as much from the player as Metal Slug games do.

You can also just use your walkie talkie to show the location of the boss. Costs 3 bp.

FluxWaveZ

Having done it pretty much every time, yes. The boss running away is decided by time, not damage.

But Brad wasn't wasting his time trying to get to the boss in an attempt to capture it. He was running from place to place fairly quickly, and it would still run away, forcing him to rush to its next location.

But Brad wasn't wasting his time trying to get to the boss in an attempt to capture it. He was running from place to place fairly quickly, and it would still run away, forcing him to rush to its next location.

I can't say without having watched it, but escapes are not a guaranteed thing. You're expected to have a loadout appropriate for the boss. If you're plinking away at it with a weak gun, of course it will take a while.

Just watching Alex's Encyclopedia Bombastica for Wrestlemania 2000 and I think I'm going to have to get myself a copy of that and No Mercy again soon. I used to absolutely love those games.

2048 is pretty fun.

Might try Threes but I dont want to spend money. Is the Android version still a mess? Thats the only thing I heard about it when it was ported over.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If you're having problems with the archive, use the link I sent around to members last week. It always has the most recent livestream saved to it.

I'd also appreciate it.

2048 is pretty fun.

Might try Threes but I dont want to spend money. Is the Android version still a mess? Thats the only thing I heard about it when it was ported over.

You should check out Fives.

It did Threes on Android before they ported Threes over. It's free, runs way better, and has some additional things that are cool, like an expert mode (the board is 1 square wider and 1 square taller), Google Play leaderboards, and if you're into it, they also have an undo and randomize next tile button. You get 5 of each free, then you can microtransact for more.

The games basically Threes on Android, except it performs way better and doesn't cost anything. The only difference is it has ads, but if you want you can pay I think $1.99 to remove them, so it's basically the same as Threes.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yea threes runs like a pile of poop on my moto g. Well, the game itself runs ok, but it takes an age to load, often crashes pocket casts or other apps when it's loading up, and my launcher resets itself when I quit to the home screen. 2048 on the other hand runs like a competent app.

Cyrix

Neo Member
Oh, wait.

I was only half paying attention.

Brad keeps leaving the arena and the enemy walks away. There's big lasers showing you where not to go.

I'm fairly certain you can't leave a boss arena once you've entered it, unless the boss leaves. I've certainly been trapped in the corner by a boss and died before.

Brad just got some shitty RNG there I think, but it is dumb that it can happen at all.

EDIT: Just checked, You CAN NOT leave an active boss area once you've entered it. Unless this is a bug on the PS4 version.

paul187

How long does it usually take for your account to be upgraded? I let my sub lapse, and now I just renewed and it doesn't let me download premium stuff. Despite saying I'm a premium member. I don\t remember it doing this last year.

Into

How long does it usually take for your account to be upgraded? I let my sub lapse, and now I just renewed and it doesn't let me download premium stuff. Despite saying I'm a premium member. I don\t remember it doing this last year.

It helps just to log off and log in, thats what always worked for me

Krabboss

The part where Mercenary Kings breaks down is that the map isn't very intuitive. Traversing the level to get anywhere is tedious compared to Monster Hunter.

It's also just not a very fun game to play. It's a fairly basic game slightly elevated by poorly implemented Monster Hunter mechanics.

Indignate

It was always a structure thing for me. That, and the diehard GB community doesn't have the best rep. I've tried a few times, but I never make it past one post.

Hell, I've always felt off-kiltered about posting on GAF (again, due to reputation, structure). I only recently decided to really start to earlier this week. Seeing how that goes.

demidar

It was always a structure thing for me. That, and the diehard GB community doesn't have the best rep. I've tried a few times, but I never make it past one post.

Hell, I've always felt off-kiltered about posting on GAF (again, due to reputation, structure). I only recently decided to really start to earlier this week. Seeing how that goes.

Structure is a big one, but ultimately I'm a one forum man.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what are your guys opinion on GB Chicago Yay or Nay ? I am happy with it as long as lang is in every Chicago show.
Lang and Max are too much for me. If it was just Lang, I'd be cool with it.

Also, I'm firehawk12 on GB. I'm surprised they didn't just post the video on the site itself?

I'm listening to friday's podcast and the whole reaction to Alex's comment to that woman on the subway is ridiculous. She's the one who creeped on his phone and asked him what the game was.

Bacon

Hey guys, quick question. Is the matrix online stream worth watching? I've loaded it up a few times but haven't watched it yet, not sure if the time commitment is worth it.

Tan

Hey guys, quick question. Is the matrix online stream worth watching? I've loaded it up a few times but haven't watched it yet, not sure if the time commitment is worth it.

If you've ever wondered who Pascual is, you'll want to watch it.

To be honest, I may skip to the end until you see a pink Gi. That's where the real action
and holding hands
start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom