• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
I really dislike how quicklooks are now "its basically borderlands, metal slug and monster hunter"

so damn irritating.

I really dislike how quicklooks are now "its basically borderlands, metal slug and monster hunter"

so damn irritating.

I think that has more to do with the games themselves. They have been looking at a lot of indie games lately, most of which largely draw influence from other games.

FStop7

Banned
I don't know what to think of Mercenary Kings. I love Metal Slug games. I mean it. And I love Bionic Commando, which seems like it's also an influence. But that capture mission that Brad did really put me off on the game despite the awesome art and music.

Tan

I don't know what to think of Mercenary Kings. I love Metal Slug games. I mean it. And I love Bionic Commando, which seems like it's also an influence. But that capture mission that Brad did really put me off on the game despite the awesome art and music.

Yeah... I'm feeling the same way. I think I could get really into it if it wasn't for that. I hated it happening in Monster Hunter and it seems wayyyy worse here.

yeah I don't know what they were thinking with the bosses running away.

I played a bit of Monster Hunter and it always felt like you could keep up when monsters ran away. I remember even using the same shortcuts to track them.

Seeing a big ass robot running into an even bigger tunnel that you can't use just seems really stupid.

LackingSaint

Neo Member

so damn irritating.

It kind of saddens me that when Dave Lang was playing that open-world FPS based around scavenging a barren wasteland and avoiding horrible mutants, every single person was saying "It's like a singleplayer DayZ" instead of just saying "It's STALKER", because that's literally STALKER.

Jintor

It kind of saddens me that when Dave Lang was playing that open-world FPS based around scavenging a barren wasteland and avoiding horrible mutants, every single person was saying "It's like a singleplayer DayZ" instead of just saying "It's STALKER", because that's literally STALKER.

Are you telling me STALKER is a singleplayer Day Z?!?!?!??!

Wish they would check out the Stalker series at some point. The learning curve is rather high but enough random, crazy things can happen(especially in Call of Pripyat) that I think it could be fun to watch.

rezuth

That game came out in 2007, how about making a reference to a game not released like seven years ago.

Jintor

That game came out in 2007, how about making a reference to a game not released like seven years ago.

2615424-windjammers_title.png

Xater

Swearing and violence are alright, but boob lady tech demo goes way too far!

The reaction was so ridiculous....

So ridiculous...

Yep, completely absurd and something I've observed on many a gaming stream. I remember dtoid shutting down the Shadows of the Damned stream because of breasts, while being perfectly alright with people getting horribly disemboweled and other such things.

Indignate

The reaction was so ridiculous....

While it made for a funny moment, it was weird how embarrassed some of them were because of OH NO BREAST! on the show while, as you've said, they've said and shown much worse.

Maybe it's a CBS thing? No nudity even on paid content? Maybe that's why Jeff did his fake but still real boss anger at Brad.

hamchan

While it made for a funny moment, it was weird how embarrassed some of them were because of OH NO BREAST! on the show while, as you've said, they've said and shown much worse.

Maybe it's a CBS thing? No nudity even on paid content? Maybe that's why Jeff did his fake but still real boss anger at Brad.

I think they found it hilarious but I also think they don't want to be shut down by CBS for showing nude ladies live on stream.

LackingSaint

Neo Member

STALKER: Call of Pripyat came out in 2010, I didn't realise a game that's 4 years old was obviously beyond being a reference point. Also, if you look at the post I quoted, the GB Staff refer to Borderlands which came out in 2009 and Metal Slug which came out in 1996.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
STALKER: Call of Pripyat came out in 2010, I didn't realise a game that's 4 years old was obviously beyond being a reference point. Also, if you look at the post I quoted, the GB Staff refer to Borderlands which came out in 2009 and Metal Slug which came out in 1996.

Dude, I love STALKER, but it's not like it's a super popular game compared to a borderlands or incredibly iconic of a certain gametype and era like metal slug.

I dunno, I played through the same bit today and the boss didn't run away at all. I think it's just that Brad got unlucky.

Yeah, the time in which it is escaping in seems ridiculous.

"Wby are they using as a reference point this thing I don't especially care for instead of this thing I do especially care for!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom