• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Jeff's talk. Was a good, low-key event that mostly consisted of Q&A, and everyone who wanted to ask something got to do so. Jeff answered my question about PR's relationship with game critics, and everybody asked good questions (nothing mind blowing, but everyone was nice), so it was pleasant all around.

Mully

Just got back from Jeff's talk. Was a good, low-key event that mostly consisted of Q&A, and everyone who wanted to ask something got to do so. Jeff answered my question about PR's relationship with game critics, and everybody asked good questions (nothing mind blowing, but everyone was nice), so it was pleasant all around.

Sounds like it was a Jar Time at NYU. I can't wait to watch.

BiggNife

I was there too, I was the one who asked the question about Twitch. I thought it was entertaining and it was really interesting to hear Jeff's take on modern game criticism and where it's going. Thankfully the questions were nowhere near the cringe-worthy affairs that the GB guys sometimes have to deal with at PAX panels.

Two notes that people might be interested in:

-Apparently the dudes at Supergiant have been filming the development of Transistor and there is a good chance Giant Bomb will get a hold of that footage at some point.

-Jeff is going to make a wrestling promo for the PAX Royal Rumble which is probably the best news I've heard all week.

1emons

Neo Member
I just noticed that Dave basically just ripped off the Steam logo for his new company...kinda lame.

It's closer to the Westinghouse logo than Steam
7536.westinghouse.gif

Plasma

Banned
Yep emails are great, they'll usually paraphrase them as well if they're a bit wordy something they can't really do while taking questions on a PAX panel.

FluxWaveZ

Any suggestions for underrated pieces of content? Pulling an all nighter and need some background noise.

Not really underrated, but the Ravaged Quick Look is a great one that you may have missed.

Also, the Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Quick Look was alright.

Mr. F

Banned
Not really underrated, but the Ravaged Quick Look is a great one that you may have missed.

Also, the Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Quick Look was alright.

Don't know about underrated, but I really enjoy the Xbox One Launchtacular. Also the Happy Hour with that game where you shoot love at anime girls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/whiskey-media-happy-hour-021811/2300-3820/

On The Green With Sim Golf - Part 1, Part 2 is good laid back backround noise that you can switch to main view now and then,

Oh awesome that was quick, thought I was testing my luck this late. Thanks duders.

Haunted

That Broforce QL was fucking fantastic.

Cleanup detail looks like the right kind of dumb.

They should complete the cycle with prequel DLC thats just a dumb shooter
I think Viscera Cleanup Shadow Warrior was the right direction to go into - they could have a partnership for every big FPS that comes along. :lol

I would probably rewatch a lot of the older subscriber content if it didnt have people calling in. Its nice and all being able to interact with the Bomb crew but so often its just so cringeworthy that I'll end up muting the video until I think its over.

Dany

Banned
Yeah, I don't have a lot of nostalgia to watch any happy hour, ;P

Visceral Clean Up Detail looks fun but that mop :x

Yeah, I don't have a lot of nostalgia to watch any happy hour, ;P

Visceral Clean Up Detail looks fun but that mop :x

idk why but i could not stop laughing when they showed off the low gravity room. The thought of Vinny spending hours floating around trying to clean that mess is great :D

ArjanN

The half-minute hero video is a quick look btw.

Weird that they forgot to label it.

Brad is Brad at HMH2.

"Why am I losing hit points"

Also kind of a lot of bellyaching about the exposition, considering they're essentially still in the tutorial, there's more of it, sure, but the game overall is also a lot more fleshed out.

Felt kind of rushed, guess they didn't have much time because of PAX.

Mully

They're going to be passing WWE HQs in the next five minutes.

EDIT:

There it is. Driving on 95 in CT is actually pretty fun, except when you get to Bridgeport.

This is sort of on in the background so I wasn't listening closely but did Alex and Jeff say something about Capcom being bought out? I can't find a shred of news about it.

Defunkled

This is sort of on in the background so I wasn't listening closely but did Alex and Jeff say something about Capcom being bought out? I can't find a shred of news about it.

There was a rumor a few days ago that they were being bought by Tencent. It's since been debunked though, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom