• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

That did nothing but Remind me why the Aki games are 10 thousand times better than the Yukes games. If THQ had allowed Aki to make the Playstation games they'd probably still be around.

def sim

I missed the panel that Jeff was on after the wrestling, was it good?

It was alright! It's Jeff, Pope, Max, and Pat Baer looking at youtube videos and talking mess about them.

Also:

ibeVTbKyEeVuE0.gif

The live stream production values throughout the entire weekend have been complete trash. Full of audio fuckups, late cuts and poor framing. Easy to take for granted just how good Vinny and Drew are at producing live events with multiple guests.

Funnily enough, I thought the production shitshow actually worked well with the Rumble because it made the whole thing feel chaotic.

The cuts in the middle of the action, while annoying, are okay. Heck, WWE has some really poor cuts at times too, so it almost makes it more authentic!

But the stupidly loud audio is pretty much unacceptable. It's literally crackling it's so cranked. Ugh.

Coonce

Watching the archive of the Rumble. Which moron was in charge of the audio for this thing?

It seems that every PAX panel has some mismatched audio, loud crowd, quiet presenter, audio glitches and tons of other issues. Most twitch streams never can get it perfect.

Brashnir

It seems that every PAX panel has some mismatched audio, loud crowd, quiet presenter, audio glitches and tons of other issues. Most twitch streams never can get it perfect.

No. Whoever is running the mixing board for this thing was actively going out of their way to fuck it up.

Patryn

No. Whoever is running the mixing board for this thing was actively going out of their way to fuck it up.
I was in the room, and the way they cranked the game audio up every time an elimination happened and a new entrant was announced got real annoying.

Coonce

I was in the room, and the way they cranked the game audio up every time an elimination happened and a new entrant was announced got real annoying.

The gain on the game volume was insane, did it sound that bad in the room itself, or just on stream?

Patryn

The gain on the game volume was insane, did it sound that bad in the room itself, or just on stream?
It was bad in the room at times. I often could barely hear the commentators.

And I was well towards the front (maybe 20 feet from the table at most).

Holy shit this fucking mixing on this royal rumble

christ

The GB panel was bad too.

Who ever was on the streaming station in the Albatross clearly had NO IDEA what the fuck he was doing.

Obvious he never listened to the levels on the stream once.

-Also why didnt they use No Mercy?
-Why was there no PAX prime sign for the winner to point at?
-WWE 2k15 needs a simple control mode a-la NHL's "94" mode and this can be run again in 2k15 with more players in the ring at once.

Mics were generally fine, but whenever they played audio from a video/game/whatever...rarely was it not blown out speaker farts whenever something had even a trickle of bass in it.
50:30 is what I imagine must be the sound of an asstorm.
The live stream production values throughout the entire weekend have been complete trash. Full of audio fuckups, late cuts and poor framing. Easy to take for granted just how good Vinny and Drew are at producing live events with multiple guests.

Funnily enough, I thought the production shitshow actually worked well with the Rumble because it made the whole thing feel chaotic.

The Royal Rumble stream has the better Jeff Green intro thanks to the bass boost. Raw ass bombin'.

Haunted

That would be amazing but having them bop out to a character select every time someone goes down would ruin the pace of the whole thing.
I assume a modern wrestling videogame would have the option to select the order of the contestants in a Rumble beforehand.

That would be amazing but having them bop out to a character select every time someone goes down would ruin the pace of the whole thing.

In current WWE Games you can select who is in the Rumble. Though the order is random (it's not actually random - there is a formula based on the character select screen) . So they can set up the RR with all the caws in it and call the people up as they enter randomly.

Actually, I don't think you can have both gender wrestlers in a RR so either all guys or all girls...

Alfredo

Just finished watching Pat Baer's panel. Oh my GOD. People who think I'm weird for making alpaca cosplay need to talk to Eric Pope, lol.

It's too good to not come back. Player-created characters would make it even better. Just have everyone at the ready and let the game call the next person.

Saw the replay of the 404 panel. Very cool to learn that Jeff is the reason we have this .gif

pastor-jet.gif

That russian baby video made me more uncomfortable than anything else I've seen. And thats saying something.

Saw the replay of the 404 panel. Very cool to learn that Jeff is the reason we have this .gif

pastor-jet.gif

You're joking right? That's crazy. I gotta watch this now.

I started it and boy for the first few times I didn't really mind Max on his phone but seriously put it down already. I feel like my parents when they talk about "my generation" now when I say that though...

Indignate

Navarro should always wear the mask.

How was that list voted by? Did people just pick one person or did they make their own list and it get sorted that way based on points? If it was just a regular thread poll, I can definitely see why the Brad would be near the bottom of that.

erawsd

Navarro should always wear the mask.

How was that list voted by? Did people just pick one person or did they make their own list and it get sorted that way based on points? If it was just a regular thread poll, I can definitely see why the Brad would be near the bottom of that.

It had something to do with pins with each persons face on it, so it sounds like one vote per. I think you're right though, Brad would fare a lot better if people had to choose an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom