• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only on Giant Bomb can I watch a Watch Dogs video, but leave hyped to watch Out Of Sight

Gimme!

EEAwdPg.png

Megasoum

Banned
I don't know if it's just me who has a dirty mind but I'm hearing sexual innuendo every 2minutes in the Kinect Sports Rivals quick look lol.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Watchdogs visuals look really good, but it's definitely framey. It might be their capture setup but it seemed sub-30 for a few points.

Haunted

KINECT Sports Rivals Commercial - Giant Bomb Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrGBCZZRd9c
oh man

Don't know why anyone is so down on Kinect. It was 2 for 2 on throwing up the tennis ball! >_>

Honestly, though. No amount of nice face scanning tech makes up for the spotty controls, shitty gameplay and long loading times. I'm fairly certain the best time I will have with any Kinect game is seeing them made fun of in GB QLs. :lol

Goldmund

Valtýr;109228869 said:
Approached? Brother, we've always been there.
I'm talking about how quickly this was acknowledged in such a matter-of-fact way. Last generation it was as if people were learning a new, unfamiliar language; it took years to say the simplest things.

patapuf

There has to be a good way to use the kinect functionality beyond party games and an aditional party game.

Someday a dev will figure it out. And then, the game will bomb horribly.

mrJared

Banned
So now GiantBomb is even dismissing NPD numbers as wholly inaccurate, and not fully representative. Acting as if no one cares about NPD now, since they are wrong and therefore irrelevant. However it was relevant enough for Jeff to make a prediction last week that the Xbox would win March.

So why have this viewpoint now?

Because of their colleagues at other websites? When everyone else, GBomb and even Microsoft had no issue the last 7 years trumpeting the NPD's, but now that things have shifted they wish to jump right in behind other media peoples trying to lead the charge against the NPD reports.

While they all love to talk trash about the NeoGaf minions and forum fanboys, they clearly read it all, considering their talking points seemingly come straight from these threads here. So with that... my subscription ended recently, and i will not be re-subbing.

Shosai

Banned
So now GiantBomb is even dismissing NPD numbers as wholly inaccurate, and not fully representative. Acting as if no one cares about NPD now, since they are wrong and therefore irrelevant. However it was relevant enough for Jeff to make a prediction last week that the Xbox would win March.

Because of their colleagues at other websites? When everyone else, GBomb and even Microsoft had no issue the last 7 years trumpeting the NPD's, but now that things have shifted they wish to jump right in behind other media peoples trying to lead the charge against the NPD reports.

While they all love to talk trash about the NeoGaf minions and forum fanboys, they clearly read it all, considering their talking points seemingly come straight from these threads here. So with that... my subscription ended recently, and i will not be re-subbing.

I thought it was just Patrick that dismissed an NPD report, on his tumblr? I'm not sure why it's a problem for Patrick and Jeff to have non-identical opinions. Seems like a crazy reason to drop your subscription

bananas

Banned

video games

srs bizness

kvk1

Scathing.

mrJared

Banned
I thought it was just Patrick that dismissed an NPD report, on his tumblr? I'm not sure why it's a problem for Patrick and Jeff to have non-identical opinions.

Jeff dismissed them as well. saying "no one cares about this stuff anyways" and that "the accuracy of NPD has always been in question"

jeffnotwant.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom