• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Did they post that job site on twitter? Or do Giant Bomb fans just F5 these sites until it pops up?

Hey guys, I just got the job. They told me to tell you to stop sending in applications. They're good for now.

edit - wait, I'm after getting fired for telling Brad how to be better at video games.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
In all honesty I wish all of you who seriously apply the best of luck. Even though I will probably hate you since I'm stuck at a job that I just don't quite hate enough to quit :p

komplanen

I wonder if anyone from here who applied are worried about their online history? I mean what if you went on a rant about how Patrick is just a stupid SJW and how fat Brad has gotten or how Jeff is in bed with Dave Lang and the Harmonix guys... I mean it's all there... just waiting for someone to read it. Heh Iif I wasn't so lazy I'd start digging dirt on the people who already said they applied just for shits and giggles.

komplanen

They should hire a black guy, and a woman, just because.

I can't think of any black game journalists

A transgendered black woman who's also a Muslim. 4chan's /v/ alone would explode in a fireball so big it would attract extra terrestrial lifeforms from several solar systems away just to see what the fuck happened.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A transgendered black woman who's also a Muslim. 4chan's /v/ alone would explode in a fireball so big it would attract extra terrestrial lifeforms from several solar systems away just to see what the fuck happened.

Might be worth it just to see that.

Lunzio

They definitely have people in mind already.

Larger companies generally have to make public postings for legal reasons when they have the positions basically filled.

Would love to be wrong and have somebody new to the industry though!

I would just like to be the first to say they hired the wrong person and the new staffer sucks!

Its about time they got to this point. That CBSi machine moves slow.

McFadge

Might be worth it just to see that.
Might be worth what, exactly?

2537625-vinnygoofin.gif

Tan

They'll find someone incredibly charming and qualified and then Jeff will find out he/she has over 1000 hours in both Dynasty Warriors and EDF. Sorry dude.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They'll find someone incredibly charming and qualified and then Jeff will find out he/she has over 1000 hours in both Dynasty Warriors and EDF. Sorry dude.
Jim Sterling just got another job though.

demidar

Not to mention he/she runs the number one largest fansite for the Nights franchise.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Cara Ellison would be a great fit.

Isn't she doing a thing (kickstarter?) where she goes and stays with developers and provides a really in depth view of what people go through to make games? Or am I just insane?

edit: Also Karen is the obvious choice. She is hilarious, great on camera and better at games than Brad. The perfect hire.

What they need to do is go find Small Business Man and have him apply, so he can be freed from having to spend his time waiting in line at the post office.

Cara Ellison would be a great fit.

She'd probably be better as a freelancer for them, since Patrick is supposedly getting a propper budget for that. I'd rather have her out and about doing interesting stuff like embedded journalism at a developer instead of being stuck at the SF sweatlodge doing QL of bad Wii U games (although that wouldn't be too bad...)

Mully

It'll be interesting to see who they hire since it will give a big indication into the direction of how Jeff and the rest of the crew want the site to go for the next few years. What type of person do you think they'll hire?

mattiewheels

Phil Fish. He'll be like their hype-man.

Chuck

Still without luck
And let the record show that Brad is holding the r1 button it took them ten god damn months to hire another person. Completely absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom