• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2610744-dead2.gif

Myggen

Is Gouskos still at Bioware?

I think she's said multiple times that she wouldn't take a job in games journalism again after working on the dev side because she's seen how difficult it is to make games and she would have problems properly criticising them after that. Or something along those lines.

I also doubt she'd be interested in an Associate Editor position with all the experience she has. I really like her though, so wouldn't be against it!

OMG Aero

Ah, I see, I should pay more attention during LOLS. :p

Still doesn't sound super objectionable, but, well, neither does anything else about Dark Souls.
The funny thing about your posts is they are almost exactly what Jeff said. He said he didn't like how there were straight up loading doors in the game but when Rorie said they are just boss doors or transitions between areas that disappear after you traverse them once he was okay with it.

The funny thing about your posts is they are almost exactly what Jeff said. He said he didn't like how there were straight up loading doors in the game but when Rorie said they are just boss doors or transitions between areas that disappear after you traverse them once he was okay with it.

Well, I meant that I didn't think there was anything bad about them having loading doors. That's what confused me.

Camisado

I can't find the specific tweet but Vinny is a big fan of Hamsters work

Hamster would be a great choice for sure.

I'm throwing my hat in the ring, 3 years of game dev experience as well as some low level TV and Film couldn't hurt could it?

(... living currently in the UK could though)

Crossing my fingers one of the new hires is Danny O'Dwyer, even though it makes zero sense!

Aren't they literally just doors that just mask some loading

what the hell

Bosses like the CAPRA DEMON give fog doors a bad rep, I think.

Fog Doors are also the telltale signs of an invasion into your world.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
They should hire cigs66 and unveil him during upf, rising up from behind the couch with smoke pouring in around him, ripping a hot solo before saying "thank you giant robot" at the end.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They should hire cigs66 and unveil him during upf, rising up from behind the couch with smoke pouring in around him, ripping a hot solo before saying "thank you giant robot" at the end.

They should have a cigs66 video projected on a giant screen, and then suddenly he just jumps out of it.

LegoArmo

I don't think they can afford that lad. Even Total Biscuit might be making too much from YouTube to take the step "down". Although I'm not sure how much CBSi pay.

fwpx

I don't think they can afford that lad. Even Total Biscuit might be making too much from YouTube to take the step "down". Although I'm not sure how much CBSi pay.

I would stop watching Giantbomb content if they hired TotalBiscuit. You just made me throw up in my mouth a bit.

Haunted

Just like when people are suggesting that EA might buy Tencent or Nintendo merging with Apple, I think people are not understanding the respective scales of the operations.

It'd be Pewdiepie employing the Giantbomb staff, not the other way around.

Crossing my fingers one of the new hires is Danny O'Dwyer, even though it makes zero sense!
#teamdanny

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
YEAH! He could be their official Nintendo editor! #TEAMKYLE

Seriously, the one thing that would make GB noticeably better is someone who still smiles when playing a new Kirby game.

They could just use alex, he was practically orgasming during the epic yarn QL.

they should hire the guy from Gaming During the Clinton Years and just have him do Encyclopedia Bombasticas on a daily basis. Also, have Rorie involved and asking insightful questions like what the point of the game is and stuff like that.

Into

Coonce or bust

Too bad he is busy these days, he gelled perfectly with the guys, especially Jeff and Ryan, and he had that natural, relaxed aura to him that fits with Giant Bomb

Kyle is amazing too, and he is the best thing GT has going on. Which is why they likely would not let him go. He also likes Nintendo games perhaps more than the other guys, so he would compliment them well.

Kyle+Vinny Quick Looks would likely be the new hot jam on deez streets

I wish people would stop saying Danny.

His goal in life was to work at GAMESPOT in San Francisco, there is no way he would move to Giantbomb.

Whatever happens Danny will still appear in GB videos so it's a win win situation?

Patryn

His goal in life was to work at GAMESPOT in San Francisco, there is no way he would move to Giantbomb.

Whatever happens Danny will still appear in GB videos so it's a win win situation?

Yeah, isn't Danny EIC of Gamespot? Why would he leave that? While I'd love more Danny (and he totally would be the best fit) I can understand that it's not going to be him.

As for the rest of you throwing out names, don't forget that undoubtedly a major requirement is to be in the San Fran area and stay there. I highly doubt they want another staffer off-site, especially a new one.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Also why would Gamespot let one of the only people with some charisma go away? Not gonna happen. It's going to be
somebody you never heard off
I would totally listen to a Bombcast with Pewdiepie though, cause you just know Jeff would snap at some point.

Kerned

Banned
I don't usually like to play the hiring speculation game, but man Kyle Bosman would be a great fit. GT is based in Santa Monica though, so that would mean a pretty serious relocation for him, which isn't always an option for people.

Patryn

Wait, some of you people are fucking serious about totalbisquit and pewdiepie?

Honestly, the only realistic "name" I've seen thrown out is Kyle Bosman. I don't think he'd be too expensive, and given the rumors surrounding GameTrailers future (or lack thereof) I could see him seeking out a life raft.

However, as much as I like the guy and the Final Bosman, I just don't think he'd be a good fit for the crew. He's a little too dry in his humor.

demidar

I don't usually like to play the hiring speculation game, but man Kyle Bosman would be a great fit. GT is based in Santa Monica though, so that would mean a pretty serious relocation for him, which isn't always an option for people.

They just need a telepresence robot with a fancy Gaf-bought tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom