• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What language does high school Jeff speak?
tumblr_n3okq5XEbt1qkeiggo3_500.jpg

REX DART: ESKIMO SPY

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dreadout QL got me thinking. Has Patrick ever played any of the good Silent Hills on stream? A Mizzurna Falls run would be awesome if there's an English patch. Kind of as a complement to the old DP runs.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so no more Vinny on the bombcast? What a bummer.

How will the Jeff/Vinny Persona 5 endurance run be possible?!

I forgot Toribash just came out on steam. They should totally quick look that game.

Oh, that's so weird. I just randomly downloaded Toribash like two days ago (again, I played it a bunch a few years ago). It's a really fun game.

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio

If anyone's interested, there's a bunch of guys playing Gang Beasts on that stream. (Dota community people) That game is amazing. They recently added support for up to 10 players in one game.

The chances of that happening were basically zero anyways. Jeff's hatred of endurance runs is pretty well known. Not that I blame him at all. Playing a game enough to get a whole week worth of content out of it would be pretty annoying.

At most I could see Jeff checking out Persona 5 in a quick look, maybe doing a premium thing by himself like Load our Last Souls or Vinnyvania.

Vinny could also do something similar from New York. But, I'm willing to bet my premium membership that they will never do a piece of content labeled "Endurance Run" ever again.

Myggen

Uh wow. That's really huge for him. I wonder how he managed to land that one. I'll be honest, I think Book of Eli and After Earth were bad but if people like David S Goyer and Orci/Kurtzman can write successful films then I think Whitta deserves to be up there as well.

Well, the story around After Earth is that it was a vanity project for Will Smith and his kid, and that there was no creative freedom there for anyone else. It's seriously one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

In other news, Disney is really going yearly with Star Wars, huh?

TraBuch

Banned
I actually really enjoyed The Book of Eli, although admittedly more for the cinematography and Denzel Washington badassness than the writing. After Earth was complete garbage, though.

That was a great segment; The GD Studio is often regarded to as "Giant Bomb-like" in the way they run their shows (off the cuff of their pants).

Yeah, I feel the same way. That one episode of the Daily Dota where you guys played with Bruno and 2GD was awesome. You should try to get Draskyl on the show sometime, he's hilarious.

Khezu

Fly Vinny out to SF for a week and play/record nonstop until they beat it.

Could even do a kickstarter to pay for the plane tickets.

CrispyLovesYou

Neo Member
Yeah, I feel the same way. That one episode of the Daily Dota where you guys played with Bruno and 2GD was awesome. You should try to get Draskyl on the show sometime, he's hilarious.

Draskyl's a cool guy; I've played with him a handful of times. The only thing is that I don't think his dry humor of "omg wtf are my teammates doing" would go well with the show? (it might just encourage more vitriol towards Brad, even if it is jokingly)
Really funny dude, though.

P.S. I have a 100% winrate against Draskyl. #EZ

Zero315

Banned
Well, the story around After Earth is that it was a vanity project for Will Smith and his kid, and that there was no creative freedom there for anyone else. It's seriously one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Ehhh.... you can't attach your name to a piece of shit then get upset that people remember the smell whenever your name is brought up.

RE_Player

I might sound bitter but I subscribe to Giant Bomb for Giant Bomb! If we start seeing Gamespot content on the site I'll be pretty disappointed. Danny or any other Gamespot staffer is free to be in Giant Bomb produced content, I welcome it, but I don't want to start seeing Gamespot produced content.

I can almost see the future of Star Wars...

2015 - Star Wars Episode 7: Return of the Sith
2016 - Star Wars Boba Fett: Bounty Rising
2017 - Star Wars Episode 8: Galactic Sundering
2018 - Star Wars Han Solo: Jabba's Request
2019 - Star Wars Episode 9: One with the Force
2020 - Star Wars Ewok Adventures: The Chronicles of Wicket

Look on their works, ye Mighty, and despair!
20XX - Star Wars Franchise put into the Disney Vault indefinitely due to poor ticket/merch sales.

Myggen

Ehhh.... you can't attach your name to a piece of shit then get upset that people remember the smell whenever your name is brought up.

Of course. I'm just saying that he probably played a tiny role in how the movie turned out. But that's not to say that Gary has shown that he can write stuff like good dialogue yet, so I've gotta hand it to him: to come from an epic turd like After Earth straight to fucking Star Wars is absolutely insane. He has to have the best agent in Hollywood.

edit: Also, I have no idea why some people here think it's a negative that GB is getting more exposure on GS for the traffick. Not everything needs to be a knee jerk worst case scenario every single time. Danny is doing the same for GS at GB, really. Here's what Jeff wrote on the subject on Tumblr today:

No current plans, but I wouldn’t be opposed to surfacing GameSpot’s review coverage on our game pages. I mean, me and Alex wrote a billion reviews for that site, might as well have them show up over on Giant Bomb. We wouldn’t have them show up as prominently as our existing reviews, but, you know, a little link off to the side or something would be nice.

We’ve embedded some of their live shows in our chat before, too. I bet we’ll do that for E3, since we won’t be running our live shows until the evening.

Yeah, that’s finally happening after a couple of years of everyone nodding their heads and saying “yeah, that’s something we should do.” It’s part of a larger plan to expose what we do to more people. We’re also talking about running ads for Giant Bomb on other CBS sites, which will probably start happening this summer.

The current implementation of Quick Looks on GameSpot is temporary, eventually it’ll have clearer links back to Giant Bomb and all that sort of stuff. That’ll just take a little development work.

World domination, that sort of thing.

No need to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom