• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Can't wait.

5ywyB6s.png

I'm hoping for some Sleeping Dogs mayhem.

Anyone here remember when Vinny was just this random off screen guy you never saw but everyone kept referencing and making call outs at during gamespot shows?

I dont think he even appeared on camera or the Hotspot outside of one or two short appearances until after Ryan left to Join Jeff at Arrow Pointing Down.

I guess because back then Gamespot had Ryan Mcdonald who is basically Proto Vinny anyway.

Vinny hosted the hotspot for a long while.

I think he was host for 2 or 3 months but I dont think it was that long.

I forget how the time frame of the gamespot exudis was now.

I think it was Ryan leaving in January or February and Brad and Vinny leaving around April or May and Alex some time in the middle of all that.

I am not sure if Brad and Vinny left Gamespot at the same time but I am 90% sure they came on board after GiantBomb was officially a thing and the first basement office and was already mostly set up.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think he was host for 2 or 3 months but I dont think it was that long.

I forget how the time frame of the gamespot exudis was now.

I think it was Ryan leaving in January or February and Brad and Vinny leaving around April or May and Alex some time in the middle of all that.

I am not sure if Brad and Vinny left Gamespot at the same time but I am 90% sure they came on board after GiantBomb was officially a thing and the first basement office and was already mostly set up.

Actually, Alex was the first to leave IIRC

Do you guys remember the LOST skit with Vinny , Brad and Ryan McDonald ? it was an opening to an on the spot in early 2008.

Good times.

Or that time McDonald brought in a M4 looking pellet gun and started shooting it during On the Spot and broke the main camera.

I think that was one of the first shows after Jeff got the boot.

I was more a 1UP Show guy, and I never watched Gamespot back in the day, and the few bits I saw I thought it was trash. I was annoyed beyond words that Jeff would not STAND THE FUCK UP on the Wii Lauch stream to play Wii Sports.

Thankfully, I have seen the error of my ways.

All I can think of when I see that picture is that my sister and mom tried VERY hard to convince me to get blonde tips. They said it was really in style and would look great. D:

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Wait I am little confused? Is he leaving for good or is he just moving to New York? If it's the latter it might not be so bad. We might get more vinny centric content. I know it will suck not to have him wit the rest of the gang. I really jeff and vinny complement each other. I'm not to fond of Alex or Patrick but maybe he will make them more enjoyable for me.

Tucah

you speak so well
Wait I am little confused? Is he leaving for good or is he just moving to New York? If it's the latter it might not be so bad. We might get more vinny centric content. I know it will suck not to have him wit the rest of the gang. I really jeff and vinny complement each other. I'm not to fond of Alex or Patrick but maybe he will make them more enjoyable for me.

Just moving to New York, he'll be working with Alex.

Anyone else tried to listen to all the previous years Bombcasts? I'm at about June 2009 and I'm having a blast with it. (Never want them to end.) Older Bombcasts have some great goofy humor to them, something they are kinda missing these days.

Haunted

Vinny is moving to New York to be closer to his family and because SanFran is too expensive.

Anyone else tried to listen to all the previous years Bombcasts? I'm at about June 2009 and I'm having a blast with it. (Never want them to end.) Older Bombcasts have some great goofy humor to them, something they are kinda missing these days.
The arrow pointing down podcasts are the best!

Lombax

Banned

All time favorite old bombcast memory is this

Yeah ive been going through all of them again. Currently at April 2011.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
All I can think of when I see that picture is that my sister and mom tried VERY hard to convince me to get blonde tips. They said it was really in style and would look great. D:

Dude it's time for you to spearhead a revival. Get those blonde tips you've always wanted and start the trend again! We'll be right behind you, promise.

Zaph

Early Bombcasts were amazing. There's no substitute for that start-up/new beginnings energy, shame it wears down as new becomes old.

It's probably why so many people like Danny - dude's so excited to be doing the job of his dreams which brings back that energy.

It's frustrating. You need good timing and quick reactions for a lot of stuff.
Most people play these games using save states these days so that mitigates a ton of the challenge, or they've finished the game many times so they can claim it isn't that hard.

Vinny can actually blow through the whole game pretty quick.

Like most NES games, pattern recognition and repetition are the keys to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom