• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

As someone who loves wrestling, and loves nearly everything Giant Bomb does...

I'd be happy with Dan, and I'd be super happy if wrestling for the most part stayed out of regular giant bomb content. Giant Bomb is a pleasure, wrestling is a guilty pleasure, let's not mix the two and ruin both.

I doubt it'd become more of a part of the content than it is now if he joined. They already have the Power Bombcast for that stuff.

theytookourjobz

Dan needs to announce his destination national signing day style--with three hats sat in front of him. Hopefully he grabs the Polygon one and then just as he's about to don it, tosses it aside and puts on the Giantbomb one.

Brashnir

Nothing confirmed on that yet. But Jeff is well known for his dislike of Skype when the majority of the podcast crew is in a room together. So don't hold your breath.

Yep.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vinny make regular appearances on the morning show.

nbthedude

As someone who loves wrestling, and loves nearly everything Giant Bomb does...

I'd be happy with Dan, and I'd be super happy if wrestling for the most part stayed out of regular giant bomb content. Giant Bomb is a pleasure, wrestling is a guilty pleasure, let's not mix the two and ruin both.

Dan's a nice enough guy but his tastes don't overlap with mine very much and I find him overly snarky about nearly everything (especially Japanese games). I was kind of hoping they would hire someone who is hungry to create content and/or at least would expand their coverage a bit.

I would have loved to see someone like Jeff Green or Kat Bailey or Phil Kollar. Someone who actually had more of a open mind towards a lot of the content that Giant Bomb largely ignores (their coverage of stuff like Japanese games and PC 4X games for example is pretty dire). Patrick was a great addition because he plays a ton of indie games and is willing to try new stuff. His soap box pieces are a bit much for me (and I agree with his politics--I can't imagine how obnoxious they seem to someone who doesn't), but I can largely ignore that stuff and appreciate his enthusiasm and the tons of content he puts out for the site. Patrick is the kind of person that is hungry to create new content and experience new things even if he has to force it. And that's great. I wanted another person like him in that regard but with different tastes and perspectives.

No doubt Dan would be a good personality fit with the crew but I feel like would also neatly fit right into the collective cynacism and lethargy towards all things that don't already feel comfortable. I would have like to have seen another Vinny in that regards. Dan seems more like another Jeff. One person with an encyclopedic knowledge of the industry's history but completely set in his ways towards anything new is enough.

graboids

"OH MY GAWD! HE'S HERE!"

2638700-nwo2.jpg

I hope this actually happens... if he is going to GB

Zaph

Too many industry folk are posting here. Starting to wonder if they frequently lurk this thread or has Jeff requested maximum trollage.

Dan, if you have any decency in you
(I doubt it)
at least confirm you're not going to GB. Not sure this thread can take much more.

Bacon

Too many industry folk are posting here. Starting to wonder if they frequently lurk this thread or has Jeff requested maximum trollage.

Dan, if you have any decency in you
(I doubt it)
at least confirm you're not going to GB. Not sure this thread can take much more.

If he doesn't respond I will take that as he's joining Giant Bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom