• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredo

The kart customization being complicated is a criticism that never really crossed my mind, as someone who experienced that for the first time in MK8 (haven't played since DS).

Cart customization especially sucks in casual local multiplayer sessions. I was playing 4-player splitscreen with friends, and, holy crap, it took FOREVER for everyone to pick their damn vehicle. It didn't help that it was everyone's first time with the game, aside from the game's owner. I always went with the default stuff.

Then after every race, whoever the winner was would insist on watching the replays, wasting even more time. Ughhhhh. I just wanna RACE.

Mr. F

Banned
Cart customization especially sucks in casual local multiplayer sessions. I was playing 4-player splitscreen with friends, and, holy crap, it took FOREVER for everyone to pick their damn vehicle. It didn't help that it was everyone's first time with the game, aside from the game's owner. I always went with the default stuff.

Then after every race, whoever the winner was would insist on watching the replays, wasting even more time. Ughhhhh. I just wanna RACE.

That was going to be my second point of skepticism on their remarks. Maybe I'm the outlier but taking it to a friends' place over the weekend for some races with people who don't typically play video games it wasn't an issue at all. People buttoned through in seconds and didn't really give it a second thought.

Wait, the GB crew didn't like the GCN controller? OH ffs. Most comfortable controller of all time, and if the C stick wasn't an abortion it'd be the overall no. 1

Tan

Wait, the GB crew didn't like the GCN controller? OH ffs. Most comfortable controller of all time, and if the C stick wasn't an abortion it'd be the overall no. 1

I get someone thinking it's funky but outright hating it seems crazy! It's a comfortable controller. Also I like the octagonal gate.

Alfredo

That was going to be my second point of skepticism on their remarks. Maybe I'm the outlier but taking it to a friends' place over the weekend for some races with people who don't typically play video games it wasn't an issue at all. People buttoned through in seconds and didn't really give it a second thought.

I guess the difference here could be that my group were all "gamers," so they spent too much time staring at the dumb stat screen, trying to maximize their cart for , I dunno, something.

With people who don't play video games, they probably wouldn't care or just pick whatever looked coolest.

Chuck

Still without luck

Triggers are terrible, d-pad is an atrocity, and the c stick as you said, quite poor. That plus the button placement is unnecessarily weird makes it stand out as a bad controller. It doesn't however take away from Nintendo's worst, which would be the N64's.

graboids

MK8 QL was great, I love when Jeff has to interact with things he obviously doesn't like, especially in the face of someone who does like it, its entertaining.

Also, MK8 gets me the closet I have been to wanting to buy a WiiU... looks so amazing visually.

Tucah

you speak so well

It's a comfortable controller but I hate the triggers, d-pad, C stick and button shape/placement.

Anth0ny

It's the best controller ever... for games made specifically for it. Gamecube exclusives, basically.

I don't think the GB crew are big Smash players. Jeff doesn't like Resident Evil 4. The list goes on...

Most comfortable? Not even by a long shot.

Triggers are terrible, d-pad is an atrocity, and the c stick as you said, quite poor. That plus the button placement is unnecessarily weird makes it stand out as a bad controller. It doesn't however take away from Nintendo's worst, which would be the N64's.
You know Chuck, you're alright.

Seriously, could not stand the grips on the Gamecube controller. They were always uncomfortable for me. I also hated the 8-way analog sticks. Fuck that forever.

graboids

is the Drive to LA on Sat or Sun or have they said yet? Also, super hyped for the drive guests... guessing Danny... maybe Alexis? Giancarlo?

Zomba13

Watch Danny O'Dwyer on Gamespot play it; far funnier.

Decided to look for this now. Went to Gamespot.com, clicked on their Wii U section and the first 7 articles/links have nothing at all to do with Nintendo or the Wii U. Stuff about a PSN sale, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Xbone games.

Chuck

Still without luck
Decided to look for this now. Went to Gamespot.com, clicked on their Wii U section and the first 7 articles/links have nothing at all to do with Nintendo or the Wii U. Stuff about a PSN sale, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Xbone games.

omg what?! that's amazing

holy moly

26466ab65d.png

valeo

Ah sorry;

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/mario-kart-8-multiple-players/2300-6419060/

Takes a while to get going but think half way through it got pretty funny; jetlag does weird things to people.

Hate the gamespot site - so much crap on there.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Somebody should've made a second bingo card, with 'Reactions to Jeff' like:

· He hates everything in this world
· What did Mario Kart kill his family or something?
· Maybe he should take a break from GB
· Alex was the only light in this darkness
· How come he don't like video games?

Defunkled

Could not roll my eyes hard enough when Jeff said that Super Mario Kart is the only good game in the series. Real talk; that game is easily one of the weakest, if not the worst, games in the series.

Sounds like I'll finally get to hear Jeff shitting on a game I like a lot!

If anyone in our group (of gamers) wanted to spend over a minute picking their vehicle they'd get slapped in the face so fast. It's fucking Mario Kart, not Dota.

mavs

Don't really want to jump on the hate train conducted by the MK8 QL, but there's something about Brad and needing to mention how long it's been since he paid attention to a particular established franchise or game that I've noticed recently.

He old

daydream

Banned
Could not roll my eyes hard enough when Jeff said that Super Mario Kart is the only good game in the series. Real talk; that game is easily one of the weakest, if not the worst, games in the series.

There are people on GAF who would agree, though. It's not about being better or worse at that point, since it's just a completely different game.

Closest to that is undoubtedly Super Circuit, but I don't know how Jeff feels about that one. I expected him to comment on it in the QL but he did not.

Somebody should've made a second bingo card, with 'Reactions to Jeff' like:

· He hates everything in this world
· What did Mario Kart kill his family or something?
· Maybe he should take a break from GB
· Alex was the only light in this darkness
· How come he don't like video games?

Somebody should've made a third bingo card, with 'Reactions to Reactions to Jeff' like:

-Mario Kart 8 isn't even that good
-It's super refreshing that Jeff tells it like it is
-He's right, peasants
-He wasn't even that negative; you guys are overreacting
-Somebody should've made a second bingo card, with 'Reactions to Jeff'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom