• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Wait, how do Jeff and Alex hate the Gamecube controller? It's the best fucking dual analogue controller in existence. Every button in uniquely shaped, easily identifiable, and quick to reach with your thumbs. All a newer version would need is a left Z button a clickable sticks and no one would ever need to make a new controller again.

I hate the Gamecube controller. One of my least favorite controllers in the world.

Still leagues better than the N64 controller.

oh vinny

sfHYyzM.jpg

I guess Vinny is here.

That planet terror burger sounds amazing. How does one deep fry chili, though?

That one does not look too tasty though...

xSkXDrV.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wait, how do Jeff and Alex hate the Gamecube controller? It's the best fucking dual analogue controller in existence. Every button in uniquely shaped, easily identifiable, and quick to reach with your thumbs. All a newer version would need is a left Z button a clickable sticks and no one would ever need to make a new controller again.

The face button layout is terrible. I don't need to know what shape a button is, positional memory is more than sufficient and the standard two by two arrangement allows for multiple buttons to be hit at the same time more easily. It also accommodates games better which use multiple "primary" actions with face buttons. The D-Pad is comically small, and the Z button on the Gamecube controller is hands down the worst single button on any controller produced in history. The gates on the sticks are also awful.

And I like the general shape of the controller and the feel of the sticks/triggers. If you don't like those, I can very easily see somebody hating the controller.

edit:

LOOK AT THIS PERSON USING A N64 CONTROLLER

I've learned over recent years that there are a lot of people who had no idea the middle handle that's clearly a handle was intended to be used as a handle when you are playing an analog stick game. I don't understand how it's possible to make that mistake when you pick it up, but it's a real issue. There should have been PSAs.

steadfast

I wonder what experiences the Giantbomb gang have had with fine dining ie. Michlin restaurants.

I'd watch a video series of them taking Jeff to fancy places and watch him cringe and make faces at the food he's served. "This sweetbread is neither sweet nor bread, wtf?"

I guess Vinny is here.

When was that posted?! I live in Des Moines and ate at Zombie Burger Sunday night... maybe I almost ran into the man himself

Planet Terror is the worst burger I've had there though, the rest have all been great. The fucking Walking Ched... deep-fried mac and cheese croquette for the bun. Should be illegal.

When was that posted?! I live in Des Moines and ate at Zombie Burger Sunday night... maybe I almost ran into the man himself

Planet Terror is the worst burger I've had there though, the rest have all been great. The fucking Walking Ched... deep-fried mac and cheese croquette for the bun. Should be illegal.

I just searched the burger names on strafer post, and it lead me there. It's a total (educated) guess on my part

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I guess Vinny is
That one does not look too tasty though...

xSkXDrV.png

yea, going through their trip advisor the presentation of the meals leaves a lot to be desired. the flat black plates really don't do the food justice, same with serviing the fries/poppers on paper with the dipping sauce in a plastic togo container.

nice sounding burgers, but yea, they look atrocious.

step up your game Zombie Burger.

The grips are too narrow and small, the triggers are mushy, the sticks are bound within non-circular openings that ruin smooth movement, and the second stick is too small, uncomfortable, and non-symmetrical to its counterpart.

I am not a fan at all.

Curufinwe

The GameCube controllers lack of clickable sticks and uneven bumper situation doesn't help.

It was perfect for RE 4 since it had the most accurate left analog stick of any controller I have ever used, but it struggled for multiplatform titles that used clickable sticks or four shoulder buttons.

And then there was the terrible, tiny D-pad.

I loved the N64 controller when it came out. The analog stick felt more precise than any others. The Gamecube pad was far from my favorite but I liked the handles and how the analog triggers clicked in when pulled.

But then one of my favorite controllers back then was the gigantic Logitech Cordless Rumblepad. Horrible, awful D-pad, and no analog triggers, but everything else was awesome.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513FHDP5PFL.jpg

yea, going through their trip advisor the presentation of the meals leaves a lot to be desired. the flat black plates really don't do the food justice, same with serviing the fries/poppers on paper with the dipping sauce in a plastic togo container.

nice sounding burgers, but yea, they look atrocious.

step up your game Zombie Burger.

That's because the restaurant is split into a "restaurant" half as well as a take-out/fast food/outdoor half. The take-out side uses disposable plates and what not, restaurant half has a more formal presentation.

Xater

The Gamecube controller is awesome, until you use it to play anything besides 1st party titles.

Nah, the C-Stick is terrible, those clicky shoulder buttons are just infuriating and the d-pad is too small. It's a terrible controller no matter what game you are playing.

Santiako

The gamecube controller had 2 things going for it: the face buttons and the shape were amazing. Everything else was crap, the gated stick, the crappy c-stick, the gba dpad, the way too much range shoulder buttons, the mini z button and the most prone to tangle cord I've ever seen.

Zaph

Is today secret E3 day?

jesus everything is getting announced/shown.

The industry is so cyclical. This year feels a lot like the year before E3 2007 had its weird hotel room thing. People were questioning its place in the industry and many tried to figure out ways to get ahead of it.

Next year, we'll have so many pre-E3 announcements that E3 will feel empty. Then everyone will go back to keeping their shit under wraps until the show.

Oh god, that looks amazing.
friedchili.jpg

I'd watch a GB cooking show.

God damn. As a fan of pork buns, this feels like a logical American next step.

Upon further thought, the deep-fried chili balls would likely suffer from some real Hot-Pocket-esque surface-to-core temperature differential issues that would make it a lot less pleasant to eat than you might think.

Lunzio

I know, but it's damn hard. I'm still very new to salads and usually eat lots of unhealthy bullshit.

Over time, you'll get so used to the healthier options that even looking at the unhealthy crap will upset your stomach! Plenty of ways to keep things interesting while staying low cal too - for example, tonight I'm slicing sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch slabs, baking them, and using them as buns instead of bread for the balsamic marinated chicken I'm grilling.

Best of luck!

& for the sake of the thread, has Scott ever been recorded with GB?

bigkrev

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance on GCN ONLY let you use the Dpad, and would not register the shoulder button imputs unless they clicked.

The GCN controller was basically useless for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom