• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You don't get to go "it's not fair that they're mad simply because we made changes," when you invite the comparison by attempting to use the name of the old product to sell the new product.

Mr. F

Banned
Frog Fractions guy is asking the tough questions

This is amazing. I love him calling Paul out on pretending the issue people had was them doing a new Dungeon Keeper at all, not the way it was carried out. "For the benefit of the viewers at home, why monetization?" hahaha

Pudge

I wish someone would ask him why EA feels like putting out a bigger Dungeon Keeper on actual game consoles and PC instead of phones is a horrible idea.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
See I don't think this is awkward at all. Where is the awkwardness?
This is really candid and down to earth.

Stimpack

Yeah, the Frog Fractions guy is really something. A guy who actually speaks out about legitimate issues, I like it. Also the stream went down for me.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm sorry, "have patience, free to play will be good eventually" is probably the worst backpedal justification for negative reception ever.

gazele

Banned
So basically indie guys get it, and big company guys don't (I'm sure Paul is a good dude and doesn't like what's happening, but it's also his job i guess)

FluxWaveZ

I'm glad there are levelheaded people here to refute the monetization bullshit. I could see something like this going the other way depending on the people.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OMG, now that the stream stopped and the original is available to start from the beginning I can see the audience noise was deliberate. What an awesome awesome idea. I tuned in and was like "damn, GB is going down the tubes!!"

rbanke

Yeah, it turned into a really nice debate. VLambeer dude is pretty cool.

yea it can be talked about without being accusational or awkward. I hate microtransactions and the 'f2p' models but am able to stand back and realize thats kinda exactly what arcade games were with quarters. The differences being difficulty vs time meters and that sort of thing. It's not going away so its best to keep having conversations about it and push it towards a less gross solution.

Shingro

I'm sorry, "have patience, free to play will be good eventually" is probably the worst backpedal justification for negative reception ever.

The other guy wasn't even phased though, he's heard this stuff before, and he's really not letting up, this is great.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah Barnett, it's a good thing the European Union is stepping in. It's a shame that you are forced to put that shit in your game until then, if only some government agency would step in and stop EA.

Mr. F

Banned
The other guy wasn't even phased though, he's heard this stuff before, and he's really not letting up, this is great.

Totally, he's been on point the entire segment. Definitely the highlight of the night, seems like a really intelligent dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom