• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually watch GB live, and man this video player is... something. Twitch isn't great, but this is just stopping once in a while, and the interface is a little unresponsive.

Ratchet & Clank and the Jak games are much, much better than this.

I mean, sure? Although only Jak 1 would've been out at that point, and I don't consider that game amazing either.

This is a solid 7.5 or 8, and Ratchet is a 9 or 9.5. I looooved R&C back in the day.

I have 5mbps internet and it works fine for me. Put it on auto quality if you don't already.

BTW, I have never played Galaxy past maybe the first two levels. You need a nunchuck to play it, right? Should I just emulate it and use the right stick on a PS4 controller as a Wii mote pointer? IDK if it even emulates good though. I have a homebrew Wii so maybe there is something that'll let me use the right stick as a pointer.

Ok so, haven't never really played this game, is the entire game just about shooting water? No stomping on enemies or other power ups?

Most of it is shooting water yes, but you can still jump on stuff if you want.

Also they take away your water pack during certain portions of the game.

klonere

Banned
They are never ever finishing this game. They'll never grasp the controls due to the switching, they all instantly hated it and it only gets harder from here.

I say it lasts 3 episodes top.

I hope yall are just getting the dog piling out of your systems.

I can't watch anymore right now because it's impossible for me to work, but I love this feature as long as everyone (including the players) don't just blame all of their faults on the game and not their own play.

... Vinny, just spray in front of you while you move forward...

This is why tutorials hold your hand so much these days. =/

I have 5mbps internet and it works fine for me. Put it on auto quality if you don't already.

That's what I'm on. My connection just got upgraded to 30Mb/s, so it should be fine. And since I posted last it's been good, to be fair.

Joeku

I can't watch anymore right now because it's impossible for me to work, but I love this feature as long as everyone (including the players) don't just blame all of their faults on the game and not their own play.

welp

You are asking way too much of the Beastcrew.

Mr. F

Banned

Sir are you familiar with giant bomb dot com

TheChits

This is already out the window unfortunately

This is honestly my only consistent bugbear with Giant Bomb -- well, that and not being prepared with any info before doing a QL. Any time it's brought up, they just respond with "Yeah, sure. We suck at games. Try playing everything that comes out and get back to me." Except it's not about them not being great, it's about skipping or ignoring tutorials (or otherwise not doing something properly) and then just blaming the game.

But, honestly, I don't seem them changing at this point. It is what it is. *shrug*

This is going to take longer than any Yakuza game, just so you guys know.

zeKFOaqkB5-6.png

xuchu

Lol how do you watch them play yakuza?

Although, I say have to say I felt a little bit of this when Jeff played ninja gaiden on the last demo derby.

Just embrace the goofiness.

Fuuuu I just remembered you can quickly rotate the analog stick, and then jump and press spray and you'll do a 360 sprinkler spin in the air. I used that to clear out the hotel level of all the ink in record time.

Man this game is good.

Finally, someone playing with a reasonable level of competence. He's honestly not even doing anything crazy or that skillful either...

the game is terrible. the game has terrible controls.

why wouldnt they complain

Because they aren't terrible. The only thing even a bit finicky is spraying when standing still. Everything else is on par with other Mario titles (aka great.) The game has its fair share of issues, but I don't think the controls are one.

Lol how do you watch them play yakuza?

Although, I say have to say I felt a little bit of this when Jeff played ninja gaiden on the last demo derby.

Just embrace the goofiness.

Right?! Let's just blame the controls of a game famous for its in-depth gameplay and high level of skill possible. I mean, when it's a new game I can understand trying to "get away" with blaming the game, but NG is revered for its gameplay. (The camera could use work, but I think that's a separate issue.)

To be clear, I don't think it's something they actively think of doing, ie. "I'm just gonna blame the game every time, mwahahahaaaa!" I think it's just that it started early on, and the crew all kind of got that "quirk" along the way. It's a social issue, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom