• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I picked Sagawa as my avatar partially because he wasn't represented on GAF compared to Kiryu or Majima, but also because throughout the game I loved his shit eating grins and attitude. By the end I felt his arc with Majima was satisfying and surprisingly felt an attachment to the character. What did you guys end up thinking of him now that BitE part 1 is done?

I loved and hated him at the same time which is a sign of a great character. He's such a slimy fuck.

Mr. F

Banned
i think steal my sunshine might be background watching, something about whipping the camera around and the vibrant colours make me super queasy

I'm excited because the storyline looks like it takes a turn but I'm assuming combat/side missions are more of the same.

Yeah, it's one reason I didn't try to platinum the game or anything. Also I really appreciate the price knowing that it is largely 0 with a different story. I feel like they didn't have to do that with how niche the series still is.

Guys, lets talk about how great Yakuza Zero was.

SO GREAT.

Currently my GOTY but we'll see how August-December pans out.

The only thing I think stands a solid chance to dethrone Yakuza for me is...
Wolf2_Article_Dashboard_Reveal_619x499.jpg

Edit: Then again, I could enjoy Yakuza Kiwami more but idk hard to beat Majima's intro.

Giganteus

Lol I anticipated this.

But yeah I wish they had taken people's advice and looked at the character bios in game before starting it up. Or just played twice a week.

Also I picked Sagawa as my avatar partially because he wasn't represented on GAF compared to Kiryu or Majima, but also because throughout the game I loved his shit eating grins and attitude. By the end I felt his arc with Majima was satisfying and surprisingly felt an attachment to the character. What did you guys end up thinking of him now that BitE part 1 is done?
I thought that character was so well done top to bottom, as an antagonistic presence. Sagawa really helped color my impression of the game's handling of its characters.

Lunar FC

Guys, lets talk about how great Yakuza Zero was.

SO GREAT.

Currently my GOTY but we'll see how August-December pans out.

The only thing I think stands a solid chance to dethrone Yakuza for me is...

Edit: Then again, I could enjoy Yakuza Kiwami more but idk hard to beat Majima's intro.

I basically rebuilt my computer to play Wolfenstein. So crazy excited for it.

My xbone lunar controller came in today along with the windows adapter and I'm pretty impressed with how seamless it all works. Syncing is easy and plugging a headset into the controller also just works. The rumble triggers while playing Forza Horizon 3 are awesome as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sagawa is one of the best written/realistic characters in video game history

inb4 aloy or some junk wins character of the year

For me, Yakuza 0 is my GOTY so far. As much as I thought about Nier: Automata(I still do from time to time). No other game so far made me smile, laugh and come close to tearing up as much as Yakuza 0 did. From the mini-games to the story and side missions, the game is just chock-full with memorable characters and moments. Adrenaline fueled boss fights and a soundtrack that is relentless.

I finished the game in April and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
sagawa is one of the best written/realistic characters in video game history

inb4 aloy or some junk wins character of the year
Aloy would probably win best new character. She's extremely well realized in that world and her arc is fascinating. Segawa though would totally win best side character.
Yakuza is bad and Im glad its finally over.

veYKRuF.gif

Ashby

I watched a good chunk of BitE before falling off it and I still do not understand the appeal of Yakuza whatsoever.

Joeku

Okay, has anyone played this Get Even game? Cuz based on the quick look I can't tell whether it's really clever or really clumsy with everything it's trying to do, and I'm sure it's one of those two.

I loved and hated him at the same time which is a sign of a great character. He's such a slimy fuck.

Oh yeah, smarminess is the perfect word.

He was a damn well written character. Despite him being a dick, he was just, so well written.

edit: majimas story is sad. Makoto doesn't even recognize him, but he knows everything that happened between them. Man. No wonder Majima would change by the end of it. I feel for him.

Okay, has anyone played this Get Even game? Cuz based on the quick look I can't tell whether it's really clever or really clumsy with everything it's trying to do, and I'm sure it's one of those two.

Haven't had the time to go back to it but I will do so in the weekend. So far it's very intriguing but I hope it'll be able to pull of whatever it's trying to do by the end.

Yeesh. I like Alex, but he was such a buzzkill during Steal My Sunshine. I feel weird talking about someone's mood, though. Idk I just think there's only so much "this game sucks and I don't want to play it" I can take during an entire stream.

Joeku

Haven't had the time to go back to it but I will do so in the weekend. So far it's very intriguing but I hope it'll be able to pull of whatever it's trying to do by the end.

That stuff with the breathing in rhythm with the music is insane. That whole game looks bonkers.

With the new additions/departures to the crew, it's time to update the "Who would win in a fight to the death" GB rankings.

1. Vinny
2. Jeff
3. Rorie
4. Alex
5. Jason
6. Brad
7. Ben
8. Abby
9. Dan

That might be bad. Skype has a function like that and the camera changes for those video podcasts were dizzying.

i think steal my sunshine might be background watching, something about whipping the camera around and the vibrant colours make me super queasy

When people complain about motion sickness from VR, I can understand, but what is this illness that causes people physical afflictions when viewing simple video cuts or vibrant colors?

I'm seriously asking, because my mother had the same sort of issues, never listening to music because loud noise made her dizzy (in her words). Even Billy Joel was an offender. I can't comprehend what's going on there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aloy feels completely out of place writing wise in HZD compared to all the other humans

i'ma quip to myself nathan drake style but like even more displaced. its weird.
With the new additions/departures to the crew, it's time to update the "Who would win in a fight to the death" GB rankings.

1. Vinny
2. Jeff
3. Rorie
4. Alex
5. Jason
6. Brad
7. Ben
8. Abby
9. Dan

I have no idea how you have bar fight Jason so low

Aloy feels completely out of place writing wise in HZD compared to all the other humans

i'ma quip to myself nathan drake style but like even more displaced. its weird.

How so? I thought she fit in quite well especially since she was the one more open towards ancient tech & the history around her than most of the others were because
of her experience as a child. Most of the people in that world are more concerned with their superstitions aside from another major character, not naming said character just incase you haven't finished the game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom