• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

So, I'm in "World 3" in the mission where you have to
return the eggs. For some reason, the red eggs aren't being counted. I've already hit several of them and none of them counted towards the mission.

Also, for some reason, when a red bird catches a red egg, it briefly becomes white.

I'm afraid that my game glitches badly.

I'm hitting the balls to the respective colored birds and the red bird/ball combo won't count as working. Am I screwed here? :(

Edit: There's another red bird circle. Face palm.

Encountered this on my way back home, was sure as hell it was a bug, so I just need to find this other spot. Thanks guys.

Kjellson

Can someone explain how the updating works? I get that you can't upgrade everything for the better as an Ubisoft game, but how will I know if upgrading one thing reduces Power and so on?

Hasney

Can someone explain how the updating works? I get that you can't upgrade everything for the better as an Ubisoft game, but how will I know if upgrading one thing reduces Power and so on?

Upgrading power deteriorates your other stats, but upgrading other stats keeps power the same.

I’m 14 hours in and the only bug I’ve had is some weird screen transitions in the mansion. I must be #blessed

Exactly the same experience I had. I finished basically everything in the game (though I didn't bother getting all the medals on every hole) and that's the only bug I ever saw.

Upgrading power will naturally downgrade all of your other stats, because as in real life, the harder you're hitting the ball the less control you have of it. So what I did was put 1-2 points into power per level and then distribute the rest to "fix" the other stats. Putting points into the other stats will have zero negative effect on power or anything else.

//ARCANUM

On the first little open world, I was hitting the balls to turn on the lights on that building, I did 1,2, and then I did 4 not seeing the #3 spot. Then I’ve tried doing #3 and I hit the spot and the light doesn’t turn on on the building.... any thoughts here?

because of this game i’m getting golf related targeted ads lmao

M6qiZuS.jpg

I just put this together for the OP. Thanks if this features any of your text.

gingerbeardman said:
Is this more Golf or more Story?

It's a story where playing golf happens frequently throughout.

How long is the game?

About 20 hours.

What are the controls?

Press - to review the controls.
Press + to see the pause menu.

What should I do next?

Press + and look at your Notes.

Can I get a hint on something?

Sure, post in the thread and make sure to spoiler anything cool.

What about hit point mode?

Changing the hit point on the ball will change the path of the ball after it has been hit.

Changing it vertically will raise/lower the trajectory of the ball. High trajectory means less roll after landing, but wind will affect it more. Low trajectory means more roll after landing, and wind and will affect it less.

Changing it left/right will make the ball fly in a curve rather than a straight line.

What does focus mode do?

It makes the shot meter move slower, and wind is ignored. Focus power is used up with every shot, and can be refilled by getting perfect shots (with the rainbow trail).

How should I level-up?

Always level-up power once you reach a new level since you can remove points from it and redistribute them at any time. This isn't true of the other abilities.

Upgrading power deteriorates your other stats, but upgrading other stats keeps power the same.

Some people like to keep the starts other than power centralised, but depending on your play style you might want to have those stats left/right of centre according to your tastes.

I’m having trouble making the ball go where I want?

Remember that you can affect the course of the ball using both initial aim and also power. So try varying one or the other at a time, rather than both together. You'll quickly get closer to your target. Also, try a weak shot or a short club before trying powerful shows with driver/wood club.

How do I control the disc?

Be the disc. Use left and right to turn. Controls are from the perspective of the disc. This is often referred to as "tank controls".

To manage the speed press the throw button (normal strength) rather than holding it down (power throw).

My Joy-Con controllers are making strange noises!?

The game uses HD Rumble to make sound effects.

Are there issues/bugs?

Yes. Here's a list.

What if my bug isn't listed?

First it's important to verify what you're seeing is actually a bug. It could be one of the cases where the game doesn't hold your hand or doesn't present things as clearly as it could.

Example: one challenge asks you to hit the ball into an area marked with a red ring. You're doing that, but nothing is happening. Look around to see if there’s another red ring.

Should I wait for a patch?

It depends how easily you're annoyed by a game having potential to misbehave.

Whether you'll see any bugs largely depends on your play/control style. Some people haven't encountered any bugs, some have had one or two, and some unlucky players have seen more than a few.

The majority of issues can be avoided after you've experienced them for the first time and know how they are triggered.

Is there a quick fix when I'm having issues?

Without restarting the game: Press + to bring up the menu, choose Quit to World, and then enter your chosen course again.

Otherwise you may want to Quit to World, then Quit and Save, and finally restart either the game or your Switch.

My character won't move?

It's possible you've encountered a bug where dialog bubbles are offscreen waiting to be dismissed.

Solution: try pressing B a bunch of times (lots) and see if the game comes back to life.

Why? Each press of B either speeds up text display or dismisses the speech bubble, so a long section of dialog may requires tens of presses of the button.

Is there a patch?

Soon, a bug fix patch is currently being worked on.

Can I change how my character looks?

Not in Story mode.

In Quick Play mode you can play as alternate characters of different gender and race. You can also customise gameplay in this mode by choosing course, game rule type, gear type, wind strength, green speed and hole size.

Have fun!

tebunker

Banned

Highly recommend working on power in stages. So spend a level or two working the finesse skills and then spend a whole level on power. I tried fo moce power in fives. I am at 250ish power which has been more than enough. So now I am spending time getting control as good as possible.

TrutaS

Guys I think my game is bugged. I’m doing the mission where you return the coloured eggs, but some are not being considered done, such as the reds and blues. The bird picks them up and all, and the are coloured, but then it doesn’t register as done and so I’m stuck. Any help? Sorry if this has been raised before.

Hasney

Guys I think my game is bugged. I’m doing the mission where you return the coloured eggs, but some are not being considered done, such as the reds and blues. The bird picks them up and all, and the are coloured, but then it doesn’t register as done and so I’m stuck. Any help? Sorry if this has been raised before.

You're probably not hitting it to the right ones. Look to the right on the red one and not towards the golf course that has red ones.

TrutaS

You're probably not hitting it to the right ones. Look to the right on the red one and not towards the golf course that has red ones.
Thanks. I thought it was so obvious the colours matches I didnt even look for other areas. Managed to do them all!

boxter432

Thanks. I thought it was so obvious the colours matches I didnt even look for other areas. Managed to do them all!

yeah I thought because they essentially just taught you where the colored birds were due to racing and helping people out, it was the original locations (then wondered how to hit far enough on a couple colors..). I hit like 6 drives across the chasm to the red section before finally finding the OTHER red spot...

Fantastic game. Loving it heaps. I haven't come across any bugs at all.

I'm at Tidy Park and just looking for my last old club. Got my best round of any course when completing Bermuda Isles for the first time. Found it much easier than most courses. Then came across Galf last night and had no idea what was happening lol.

No chance of finishing it before Thursday, so Stardew Valley is going to have to wait.

oatmeal

Banned
The (Tidy House spoiler)
werewolf mystery
bit was really fun. unexpected.

Talking to the caddy and he's like "My mom will be so worried, but she knew the risks when I signed up for it." was pretty hilarious

tsundoku

The (Tidy House spoiler)
werewolf mystery
bit was really fun. unexpected.

Talking to the caddy and he's like "My mom will be so worried, but she knew the risks when I signed up for it." was pretty hilarious

The beach one was cute but that sequence was awful and I seriously considered going and looking it up

So if you don’t buy the $300 putter early in the game you lose the ability to buy it? I kept going back to the pro shop to buy it but it never appeared again after seeing it really early on.

Wallach

So if you don’t buy the $300 putter early in the game you lose the ability to buy it? I kept going back to the pro shop to buy it but it never appeared again after seeing it really early on.

I guess I'll spoiler this:
The Whirly Putter isn't sold in the pro shop, it's sold in that mini-putt building you unlock in the upper right-hand corner of the first course.

Stencil

I'm stuck in the snow area.
I have to collect 900 balls. I think I got them all? But nothing happened. Where do I find the password to get into their base?

I have to collect 900 balls. I think I got them all? But nothing happened. Where do I find the password to get into their base?

check your inventory to make sure you have at least 900, then go talk to the guy that gave you the quest.

How far am I to the end?

Off to the snowy region

I'd guess about 4-5 more hours.

You have to go back to the guy who sent you there in the first place, he's the one who wants the balls.
Worry about the password later

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I'm really in struggle town in the manor.

It's in regards to the green, red and blue balls.
I have done Green and red.
I need to get a book from the bookshelf, but require a blue ball? I read through the posts here about getting the bell then "something will happen"

I don't suppose anyone can help... I don't mind a direct answer, doesn't need to be a vague hint :)

Yousefb

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but, I just bought the game and I'm loving it so far. I noticed while playing in tabletop mode messing around throwing golf balls at random NPC's, there was a sound coming from the joy cons. I muted the game and tried throwing he balls again. When I throw it at an empty space, the joy cons just vibrate. But when I throw it at an NPC, there's clearly a sound with the accompanying vibration. As far as I know there aren't any speakers on the joycons. So is this what HD rumble is really all about? It honestly blew my mind, this is he first game to make me truly appreciate HD rumble. Seriously mute the game and mess around, you'll be amazed at the different sounds and vibrations emanating from the joycons hah.

So apparently I'm pathetic and am lost already. Second course ?

I found all the turtles, but have no clue what idol I'm supposed to find. Been all over course 1.

Talk to the archaeologist after buying the sand wedge.

I have, they just say
"You don't look like you'd understand my line of work." "Are you a golfer" "No" and that ends the conversation.

My notes right now are to have a match on the mini course with the girl, return the idol, and investigate lurker valley. I don't think there is anything else available.

Please help :)

Cerium

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but, I just bought the game and I'm loving it so far. I noticed while playing in tabletop mode messing around throwing golf balls and random NPC'a that there was sound coming from the joy cons. I muted the game and tried throwing he balls again. When I throw it at an empty space the joy cons just vibrate. But when I throw it at an NPC, there's clearly a sound with the accompanying vibration. As far as I know there aren't any speakers on the joycons. So is this what HD rumble is really all about? It honestly blew my mind, this is he first game to make me truly appreciate HD rumble. Seriously mute the game and mess around, you'll be amazed at the different sounds and vibrations emanating from the joycons hah.

Yeah the HD rumble is legitimately amazing.

I love that swing at the title screen.

So, I'm really in struggle town in the manor.

It's in regards to the green, red and blue balls.
I have done Green and red.
I need to get a book from the bookshelf, but require a blue ball? I read through the posts here about getting the bell then "something will happen"

I don't suppose anyone can help... I don't mind a direct answer, doesn't need to be a vague hint :)
do you have a bottle of vinegar? there is a place in the foyer for it

I have, they just say
"You don't look like you'd understand my line of work." "Are you a golfer" "No" and that ends the conversation.

My notes right now are to have a match on the mini course with the girl, return the idol, and investigate lurker valley. I don't think there is anything else available.

Please help :)

Have you equipped your new wedge? I think you may have to.

I have.

Edit - I'm just going to hit golf balls at them for a bit and then move on to Steamworld. I'll figure this shit out later.

Really? Interesting...

You need to have
the digging wedge/shovel
equipped which it sounds like you do, and you've already
played the mini course once in order to open the pro shop I assume...

Maybe you need to play it with the girl too?

Really? Interesting...

You need to have
the digging wedge/shovel
equipped which it sounds like you do, and you've already
played the mini course once in order to open the pro shop I assume...

Maybe you need to play it with the girl too?

You need to play Lara before the archeologist teaches you to dig up stuff.

I can't play the girl until I finish the race to all the tees, which I am nowhere close to being able to finish. Am I missing some trick to the race?

Edit - shit, just realized you can run. D'oh. I'm an idiot.

Top Bottom