• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Fliesen

Maybe spoiler tag that image

uhm, at no time of my post was it not.
Is this some "spoiler tags in quotes don't work on mobile" thing? if so, i'll remove it for safety.

edit: i URLed it instead of IMG. now if anyone got some script that auto embeds URLs that end in jpeg, i can't help them :p

Mikke

Is this some "spoiler tags in quotes don't work on mobile" thing? if so, i'll remove it for safety.
Oh, might have been. Saw the picture while browsing on mobile. Sorry for causing confusion then. Also thanks for linking, I wasn't upset with what I saw (I think it's really clever) but maybe others would like to find out on their own.

Airbar

Neo Member
Finished it yesterday. Clocked in at around 14 hours and some minutes. Really enjoyed my time with it. Though from what I gathered from the thread I got lucky in that I didn't encounter a single bug in my time with it.
I can see myself coming back for the odd round of golf.

Raysoul

So I bought this game. Currently downloading it. This is the first "GAF recommended" game that I bought so I'll curse this whole site if I don't enjoy this.

As a background, I have played and enjoyed Sid Meier's SimGolf and Microsoft Golf Demo.

Ladekabel

Man, my english can’t compute what is meant with clearing in the elite cache.

Also still need to find
people to unfreeze
in the snow course. Looked everywhere. Didn’t find anything.

Fliesen

Man, my english can’t compute what is meant with clearing in the elite cache.

Also still need to find
people to unfreeze
in the snow course. Looked everywhere. Didn’t find anything.

It's
in the overworld map.
more specifically it's
in the desert area of the overworld map. Desert, not beach

With regards to
frozen
people, have you checked to the east? you can move off-screen to another zone.

Also, the
"leader" of the frozen people will tell you to "unfreeze everyone" even if you have unfrozen everyone, but haven't played that one golfer yet.

I think I'm stuck.

I'm in the fourth area.
I'm doing the "Island Tour" from the guy you need the flippers to talk to and you need to do four putts, but you only have three hits? Not to mention, getting the ball into the areas is really difficult because of the slope.
Any help?

Just completed that myself yesterday, and while it took me 5 or 6 tries, i used the wellworn putter to complete it and sunk all 3 putts. Just take note of the weight and location you are using on each attempt and adjust as you go. Thankfully it is a very quick challenge so it doesn't feel like you are wasting your time.

Ladekabel

It's
in the overworld map.
more specifically it's
in the desert area of the overworld map. Desert, not beach

With regards to
frozen
people, have you checked to the east? you can move off-screen to another zone.

Also, the
"leader" of the frozen people will tell you to "unfreeze everyone" even if you have unfrozen everyone, but haven't played that one golfer yet.

Did it! Thank you.

Imur

Ok I'm sick right now and English isn't my mother tongue (obviously). It seems that I misunderstood the last thing I had to do before I could play the final (?) tournament.
It's something about 8 Match cards. I thought I had to go to every stage and ask the owner, or play the course again (I would hate that) but it doesn't seem to work So what ist it I have to do?
Thank you in advance!

Fireblend

Banned
Ok I'm sick right now and English isn't my mother tongue (obviously). It seems that I misunderstood the last thing I had to do before I could play the final (?) tournament.
It's something about 8 Match cards. I thought I had to go to every stage and ask the owner, or play the course again (I would hate that) but it doesn't seem to work So what ist it I have to do?
Thank you in advance!

You have to play against someone in every match. You're probably missing the Blue Dunes match and the Oak Mansion match, for which you have to talk to the
Coach's son
and
Lara
respectively.

Fliesen

Thank you in advance!

press pause -> "story"

you'll find a collection of
'match cards'
they're pretty much the equivalent of badges from pokémon - i.e. you'll have to defeat a certain 'boss' golfer at every course.

brerwolfe

19 hours and 44 minutes. Lovely little game. Only a couple bugs, nothing worth noting/bitching about. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have at least a passing interest in golf.

Imur

lol it's definitely not.

Wait until you get further into the game.

I never used the cuve function at all tbh. Tried it 2-3 times, failed and never bothered again.

The Game could really be harder, I accidentally played the final tournament with the starter equip and made it first try (it was close, but still)

I never used the cuve function at all tbh. Tried it 2-3 times, failed and never bothered again.

The Game could really be harder, I accidentally played the final tournament with the starter equip and made it first try (it was close, but still)
Is there any reason why your gear sometimes reverts back to the default? It happened to me too and it took me way too long to realise it had happened

Is the Whirly Putter worth it?
Yeah. Don’t be afraid of buying stuff. As long as you’re doing side quests you’re going to have enough money for everything

Imur

Is there any reason why your gear sometimes reverts back to the default? It happened to me too and it took me way too long to realise it had happened

My best guess is that it will go back to default after you are forced to play with the
ancient set
. Not sure though.

one_kill

Hope a patch comes soon. I've encountered so many bugs and the game even crashed once for me.

Also would like a better way for the user to understand how wind and slopes come into play. At the moment, some holes cause me frustration.

That's broken. I preceded to hit every single shot and nailed 5 slam dunks

Was using them but could never get the bounces to go my way but the flag got rid of them
Yeah without the flag it’s stupid. I did the chip in challenge in the snow area without the flag and so many shots kept bouncing off of the rim that it was infuriating. I eventually got it without the flag, but with it in it’s almost trivial

My best guess is that it will go back to default after you are forced to play with the
ancient set
. Not sure though.
Yeah, that’s what I assume for the end game, but my clubs changed before that I think. I just chalked it up
to a bug but maybe I had done some challenges or something that changed my clubs out

Zomba13

Ok, i wasn't really impressed with any of the HD rumble, a lot of it just felt like weakish little rumbles (I'm using a Pro Controller) but I just got to the snow course and talking to these guys is a cool (geddit?) use of the rumble.

Just finished the game with all side quests complete. I encountered a few bugs including some game crashes and some lost progress as a result but they didn't impact my enjoyment of the game. I found the whole experience delightful and can't wait for a follow up.

Tennis anyone?

Opa-Pa

Is there any way to be sure you've done all side quests in the game or is running around every map to make sure there aren't any left the only option?

nick_b

I wanted to beat this tonight so I could go into Stardew tomorrow morning but it's not looking good. Just got to tidy park I think and I'm so tired I can barely see. It ain't happening.

I've been playing MHXX for the last 2 hours. :|

Cerium

I wanted to beat this tonight so I could go into Stardew tomorrow morning but it's not looking good. Just got to tidy park I think and I'm so tired I can barely see. It ain't happening.

I've been playing MHXX for the last 2 hours. :|

You sound starved for games.

oatmeal

Banned
Just beat it...

Really fun game. The actual golf was always too easy. I had a three hole sequence of Hole in One, Albatross, Eagle.

That is nuts.

I never felt like my stats getting boosted actually meant anything like it did in Mario Golf but this was still fun. A few of the little quests wouldn't let me play them, controls locked up and it said I failed without trying.

I'd give it a 7.5.

Top Bottom