• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Luigi87

what a buncha jokahs

topless_shulk_is_dead________by_pitthekidicarus-d8q0dl0.jpg

Boke1879

Makes sense the Joker would be a copycat in this universe.

If Jerome was still alive and become the Joker in the future it would be SO easy for Gordon and Batman to know who he is based on mannerisms.

Love how this show is tackling the whole "Joker" thing though. He's in the show whilen ot really being in the show.

He's everyone and he is no one.

Makes sense the Joker would be a copycat in this universe.

If Jerome was still alive and become the Joker in the future it would be SO easy for Gordon and Batman to know who he is based on mannerisms.

Love how this show is tackling the whole "Joker" thing though. He's in the show whilen ot really being in the show.

He's everyone and he is no one.
Still sad about Jerome, but you're right. It makes sense

Boke1879

Still sad about Jerome, but you're right. It makes sense

Nah I totally agree. That man had charisma and would have been a perfect Joker. But Jerome never covered all his bases. He trusted that one guy too much.

It's awesome that the real Joker is inspired by Jerome but clearly much smarter and more clever than his idol.

Penguin

I think could have stretched out Jerome a bit more... and even the Maniax... I mean they are pretty much down to Barbara and the giant dude now, right?

Kifimbo

I think could have stretched out Jerome a bit more... and even the Maniax... I mean they are pretty much down to Barbara and the giant dude now, right?

The dumb brute who beat up Gordon last week is still alive, right ? Not sure they'll need him anymore.

As expected, Jerome is done.

And now we're back to our regularly scheduled Gotham... Or at least I hope not. This could be momentum killer.

Boke1879

As expected, Jerome is done.

And now we're back to our regularly scheduled Gotham... Or at least I hope not. This could be momentum killer.

While Jerome was definitely a high point. I have been liking this season for things other than him. The characters just seem to be developing well at this point. and for this show to be a success it can't be propped up by Jerome.

the episode gave me an hold school Batman episode with henchmen and hostage situation.
Smooth move Alfred. Jim better get worried.

huh didn't see Jerome dying already well people complaining he's Joker can stop now

Tabby

Didn't catch up until yesterday. After all the negativity surrounding early season 1 and me giving up several times I really didn't expect this show to get good but this season has been 3 for 3 so far.

Also, Tabitha got Radioactive'd.

Loved Penguin getting mad at being called Umbrella Boy.

By the end of the season, I expect him to be thrown out on his ass and he snaps and becomes full on Umbrella Penguin.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Haha, Alfred and Tabitha getting Radioactived was great. The stuff at the end was kind of similar to the ending of the Red Hood episode, though, but I guess that it makes sense since they're the same character in the comics.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Wish they would have dragged Jerome's part out a few more episodes. He has been the highlight of the entire series for me. Absolutely nailed every scene.

Mariolee

I can't believe the body count in this season alone. Essen, Sionis, Jerome, oh my goodness. I guess everyone on the poster above is safe, but geez. I can honestly say that with how much Jerome was nailing it I didn't expect him to die so quickly. I guess we go back to the previous idea of Jerome inspiring the real Joker.

Need to see next episode to see how much I'll miss Jerome. I have faith in this show. The amount it's surprised me this season is insane.

I still ABSOLUTELY hate Barbara. I realize there's really not much redemption for her this season. I can't be the only one who thinks she is incredibly annoying and not at all captivating in each scene she's in. I hope they do more with Jessica Lucas's Tabitha character than Barabara. Ugh.

Jerome essentially cursing Gotham with The Joker Ideology upon his death is actually a wicked idea. Monaghan was electric in the role. I wish we got more of him before his death, but he really made the most of the time he had.

Crazy Sexy Barb is the best. <3 her. And now we got some kinda fucked up love triangle with Barb, Theo, and Theo's sister. Man, this is getting weeeeeeeeird.

Alfred hitting on Lee was hilarious.

Bullock and Penguin at the end, also kind of hilarious. No matter how much Penguin thinks he's King Shit, he's never gonna get rid of that inferiority complex.

Is Theo and his sister part of the Court of Owls?

Xemnas89

He wasn't a regular so I knew jerome had to go away eventually but I don't like that they killed him. He was so good I was hoping they'd just make him the joker.

I enjoyed the twist, but this show just lost the best part of it. Jerome was awesome, I hope this doesn't go back to Season 1 levels because the last 3 episodes have had me hooked.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, Gotham is killing it this year. Wasn't a fan of the premiere, but the last two episodes of this arc have been great. They handled the Joker and his legacy way better than I expected them to. Very cool idea and great execution.

I wonder if that is how they're planning this season to flow. 3 episode mini arcs. They tested it out last year with The Ogre. Definitely works for the show.

Skux

It was a classic Batman scenario but a really enjoyable conclusion to this little "Joker" arc, and now it seems all the pieces are in place for a longer term conspiracy to run probably until the midseason. I'll miss him. Like I said, the theatrical villains are what make Gotham unique. I hope we get another proto-villain on the same level soon.

Alfred rusty as hell at his game lol

Loved Theo's line "Such a compelling character, but limited, no he would never last long." He's right though. Gotham has more to show than just Jerome. There's only so long a madman killing people and taking hostages would last. He's done his bit and given us a huge turnaround for the start of this season, and now viewers are hooked and hoping the show continues strongly.

Enosh

I still ABSOLUTELY hate Barbara. I realize there's really not much redemption for her this season. I can't be the only one who thinks she is incredibly annoying and not at all captivating in each scene she's in. I hope they do more with Jessica Lucas's Tabitha character than Barabara. Ugh.
nah, crazy Barb is amazing this season

Sölf

Man, this episode. I actually saw Jerome's death coming, especially with the episode title. But I liked how they handled it. And I can still see him appear as a sort of Ghost haunting Jim when the next "Joker" appears. But yeah, really liking what I've seen so far. And crazy Barb is best Barb. Got some Harley Quinn vibes during Jerome's show.

I'll still miss him, but hey, at least he got out with a bang, right?

Sölf

Thinking about it, Jerome actually could come back, aside from the "ghost" thing. With the introduction of Dr. Dulmacher in S1, who hasn't been confirmed dead, who is to say one of Jerome's "fans" wouldn't go so far as to actually become Jerome, even in looks? I mean, why only copy the character, if you can copy the looks?

Hex

Banned
Penguin becomes the Joker would be interesting.

No.
Some interweb idiots tried to sell this whole theory in the early days and it was shot down cleanly thankfully.
I am sure that there are those out there like there always are that say "I do not care what they say, it can happen" .
But it isn't.
It is stupid.

Asbel

I was expecting Jerome to kill Theo myself. I mean, what was the original plan? Let Theo take Jerome back to Arkham and Jerome agreed to that?

Top Bottom