• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

XAL

yjVcXb8.gif

Holy shit someone please gif the
kid getting gunned down and blowing up

I laughed my ass off.

Skux

I like where this is going. Love the Dumas/Wayne generational family feud as a backstory, and the fun way they introduced it. The idea that hooded monks from an ancient religious order would invade Gotham is comic booky as hell and it's fantastic. Firefly looked great too, and Penguin continues to be fucking ballsy when it comes to making plays.

Holy shit someone please gif the
kid getting gunned down and blowing up

I laughed my ass off.

zfAcPdo.gif

Ow8tmac.gif

Sölf

Great episode. Penguin showing again why he is such an awesome character. Proto Firefly looked awesome. And I really like where this is going. Dayum.

Enosh

Watching it now, but what happened to the mayor since the last time we saw him, is he dead yet?
Theo said to Jessica Lucas at the start that she still has the mayor to play with, so he is locked up by them somewhere

also I loved the "yeah but she just sleeps a lot and is kinda crazy" line about Barbara

Firefly was great, can't wait to see what they do with her next week

man every episode feels like a season finale with all the shit going down but we still have 15 episodes to go

I was so dedicated to this show for the first season, but my interest has dropped like a rock. They seriously need some kind of time jump for the third season.

And why does every crime take place under the same overpass?

Ithil

Little criticism of the makeup department. Selina is living rough, she's a homeless teen sleeping on rags (apparently not taking off her goggles she never uses), yet she's immaculately clean with lip gloss and eye liner on.
I understand the show is not gritty, it's cartoonish, but it's not like other characters don't get dirty. Gotham's a silly show, but you look at something like The Killing which also has homeless teen characters, and they're all filthy with ragged clothes.

Just looks weird how unfitting her "home" is to her actual appearance.

I thought this show was on the [very slight] uptick after the addition of Michael Chiklis. HOLY CRAP was I wrong. Last night's episode was embarrassing even by Gotham's standards, and they don't get much lower. What an unbelievable mess...

That I will probably never stop watching.

Anyone else thing Bridget looked a lot like Emily Blunt?

Another good episode overall. Really happy that Jerome's death still hasn't slowed the show down. I actually haven't missed him all that much and can't help but feel his death was perfectly time. Any more of him and his impact might have been lessened.

So that was Firefly. I liked it.

Chariot

For being such a powerful family, there sure aren't many Waynes left.
Political power, not actually immortality I believe. I assume most of the Waynes are dead BECAUSE the family was powerful. Either by doing stupid rich people things or by getting targeted by enemies.

Anyone else thing Bridget looked a lot like Emily Blunt?

Another good episode overall. Really happy that Jerome's death still hasn't slowed the show down. I actually haven't missed him all that much and can't help but feel his death was perfectly time. Any more of him and his impact might have been lessened.

So that was Firefly. I liked it.

Yeah, as amazing as Jerome was, I respect that they didn't want to overuse him to the point where the novelty wore off. If need be, like mentioned above, they can still bring the actor back.

Oddduck

The more I think about it, the more I want the following as a series finale. Ya know, when the show is ready to end.

In the final episode, Bruce Wayne dies and Gordon puts on the Bat costume.

Can you imagine the internet reactions? It would be pretty ballsy and shocking haha.

Little criticism of the makeup department. Selina is living rough, she's a homeless teen sleeping on rags (apparently not taking off her goggles she never uses), yet she's immaculately clean with lip gloss and eye liner on.
I understand the show is not gritty, it's cartoonish, but it's not like other characters don't get dirty. Gotham's a silly show, but you look at something like The Killing which also has homeless teen characters, and they're all filthy with ragged clothes.

Just looks weird how unfitting her "home" is to her actual appearance.

Maybe that's all she spends whatever money she makes on?

Apoc29

Not sure what's going on with the Nygma plot; I'm assuming something horrible will happen to Ms. Kringle and that will bring out evil Nygma for real.

It's fun seeing Michael Chiklis doing everything by the book but still being a hardass about it. I can see him eventually getting to a breaking point where he just says fuck it and goes full Strike Team on everybody.

Yeah, as amazing as Jerome was, I respect that they didn't want to overuse him to the point where the novelty wore off. If need be, like mentioned above, they can still bring the actor back.

Absolutely. I like the actor but his Joker wasn't something they could realistically drag out over more than a handful of episodes.

I want more too :(

I'm glad they didn't drag out the character. He worked perfectly in the small dose we got and he set things up perfectly for all the crazy shit we're not seeing.

VanWinkle

I thought this show was on the [very slight] uptick after the addition of Michael Chiklis. HOLY CRAP was I wrong. Last night's episode was embarrassing even by Gotham's standards, and they don't get much lower. What an unbelievable mess...

That I will probably never stop watching.

Can you go into a little more detail there? What makes the show so bad to you?

squadr0n

Seriously dont like what they have done with Barbara in this season. I really hope theres another Barbara waiting to to swoop in after Lee. Theres no way they can redeem her character at all. Why would Jim marry someone after all the shit shes done.

Seriously dont like what they have done with Barbara in this season. I really hope theres another Barbara waiting to to swoop in after Lee. Theres no way they can redeem her character at all. Why would Jim marry someone after all the shit shes done.

I doubt the show has any intention of redeeming her. This show is pretty clearly establishing its own cannon.

Sober

I'm glad they didn't drag out the character. He worked perfectly in the small dose we got and he set things up perfectly for all the crazy shit we're not seeing.
I actually sorta like the rhythm that the show is in mostly, that if they introduce a new (super)villain or whatever they generally give them at least 2 episodes to run amok before they get caught/killed/run off.

Enosh

you know all those years of batman canon? all those conflicting stories etc etc?

forget about all of that and enjoy the show

TheOddOne

- Newsrama: GOTHAM To Become More 'Chaotic' And 'Larger Than Real Life'.
Chiklis then talked about the hesitations he had signing on for the role.

“This is different. There’s a familiarity that it’s hybrid of two genres I spent a lot of time in my career, but it’s also a completely new world. Marvel is sort of almost Grecian in its mythology. It deals with epic themes of good and evil whereas Gotham and the DC comic book world is almost a noir feel. Really delves into the darkness of men’s souls, and I’m really proud to be a part of both of them now. You can take this stuff way too seriously, but this is entertainment and a great vehicle for storytelling. The show looks phenomenal and it’s a great way to tell stories.”

Top Bottom