• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

h3ro

Goldrusher said:
Sent you white, orange, purple, blue and green.

2v9yrlx.gif

You. Are. Amazing.

I doubt there is, but anything I can get you? Name it and I'll try to acquire it!

brentech

Has anyone else bought the Spyker C8 Laviolette ‘01. I just bought it today and then started another BSpec endurance -- so I haven't taken the time to drive it, but the specs on it look pretty sexy.

I think it's just under 500hp, and just over 1000kg. Also not aware of what tuning can be done to it, but assuming everything can be done it should turn out to be a beast. I gotta spend more time reading the description, but I saw it and had to buy it cause it really stood out. From what I did read, it's a hand made car.

Got the signature edition for £49.98 today (Game and Gamestation in the UK had them at said price today) despite already owning the standard. Even the costliest special editions are destined to shed most of their price within weeks. :)

avaya

Wax Free Vanilla said:
it took me 70-odd minutes, and it looks like i'll have to grind it three more times to unlock the vettel challenge :(

the xp system blows.

yep, that's why I chose to use b-spec to get me to Level 30, once there the challenge should jump you a few million xp in A-spec.

X-Frame

What option do I choose in the Dynamic Range in Audio settings for a surround sound 7.1c system?

Do I use Living Room or can I get away with Small Theater?

Quake1028

Unlocked 21 A-spec last night and beat Like the Wind :D. Indy took 1 try in my maxed out Zonda R, and Daytona took 2 tries. Ready to crush GT All Stars with the Minolta. Feels good man.

Chris R

That Madrid seasonal race fucking sucks. I can easily get 2nd by a large margin, but nothing I do seems to catch me up with the leader. During the entire race I'm sitting '14 back, and the split never changes :| I got the only upgrade I know of, adjusted the transmission, ect. I guess I need to just look for a killer tune because I don't think I can improve my line or my lap times without it.

Just finished Suzuka 1000km in A-spec.

BORING
BORING
SOOOOOO BORING

God i hate those endurances, even tough i´m only using the X2010 for it. Lapped cars ruin your experience. Every lap you end up hitting one of them:lol

Only four more events on A-spec and four on B-spec. God knows how long it will take:lol

Sure i could NOT race those boring events, but i just have to :(

brentech

seattle6418 said:
Just finished Suzuka 1000km in A-spec.

BORING
BORING
SOOOOOO BORING

God i hate those endurances, even tough i´m only using the X2010 for it. Lapped cars ruin your experience. Every lap you end up hitting one of them:lol

Only four more events on A-spec and four on B-spec. God knows how long it will take:lol

Sure i could NOT race those boring events, but i just have to :(
That's how I feel, and it's unfortunate. We're a sad set of people here.

Westonian

Just golded all of the cart special events. I'm not sure it would even be possible without a wheel. Not a bad credit haul either. Just north of 300k for the both advanced races.

Anyone have a Lamborghini I could borrow for my last pro event?

There are no normal length races in this game. If you want to race The Ring your options are a bunch of stupid 1 lap races, one 3 lap race, 4 hour race and a 24 hour race. What the fuck? How is there not a middle ground? GT as a game is fucking pathetic. No wonder they say "driving simulator" and not racing simulator. GT1-GT5 racing experience BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! Thank god the actual driving is good.

gutterboy44 said:
There are no normal length races in this game. If you want to race The Ring your options are a bunch of stupid 1 lap races, one 3 lap race, 4 hour race and a 24 hour race. What the fuck? How is there not a middle ground? GT as a game is fucking pathetic. No wonder they say "driving simulator" and not racing simulator. GT1-GT5 racing experience BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! Thank god the actual driving is good.

So true.

If only they hired a guy who knew how to make a game out of a driving simulator.

TTG

gutterboy44 said:

The super GT event in A-spec? :lol But yea, they need to work on these things. Think about it. How many competitive races were there in A-spec vs the amount of stuff where you could just blow through the crowd and never look back? How many events were substantial in length? A lot of these only had 2 circuits and they weren't long at all, sort of anemic really. There are championships, but there they go too far in the other section. Forced to do 5 in a row? That sucks, in more ways than one. Besides the obvious, there's no restart. So, you're forcing the issue to be much faster than your opponents. If you don't, you stand the chance of a considerable amount of racing going down the drain because of a spin.

I guess the word we would use here is balance. The bonus events are really far ahead of a-spec.

anddo0

Damn you Red Bull Challenge :/ Bronze should be around 2:25 or something,

I think I'm done grinding until they release some updates etc.. Time to get back to the basics and have fun with the game again.

brentech

Finally spent some time to repair the engine/body on my '65 Shelby GT350R. Didn't reduce weight or engine tune, but added parts that can be removed. I think it sits just under 500hp.
Took it out for a spin, horribly over-steered....it was a disaster on wheels.
Took a look at my GT Apex guide to correcting oversteer and walla!

Love cars and all, but it's not like it's something I get into physically in the real world - so to start to understand how to correct problems by the use of that book makes me feel good. It's such a pleasure make corrections and feel them come to fruition.

TTG

brentech said:
Love cars and all, but it's not like it's something I get into physically in the real world - so to start to understand how to correct problems by the use of that book makes me feel good. It's such a pleasure make corrections and feel them come to fruition.

My thoughts on tuning are much like richard hammond's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHvCo2OTdA

If I could do that thing where you link to a particular time, I would direct you to about 2:30.

Grayman

seattle6418 said:
So true.

If only they hired a guy who knew how to make a game out of a driving simulator.
I liked GT1 the best in that aspect. It benefited from having a small selection of car types and lower number of events.

GT2 just had A LOT of races to do once and fill in the box
GT3 had several "hey fuck you 20 minute ten race championship"
GT4 had the problems of both

GT5 has some good special events and the bonus races are a very good idea. A and B spec just kind of fail for several reasons.

gutterboy44 said:

To be honest, 99% of racing games period have this type of problem. Special events is a great addition to the genre, and I really hope they expand on it even further in the future, be even more creative.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
hm in expert only have the 60s cars left, any tips on what i should use? please dont tell my i have to refresh the used store for 8 years till i find a good car.

Quake1028

Tiduz said:
hm in expert only have the 60s cars left, any tips on what i should use? please dont tell my i have to refresh the used store for 8 years till i find a good car.

You mean the historic cup? You can win a Toyota 7 in B-spec. I can loan you mine if you need it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Gloomfire said:
You mean the historic cup? You can win a Toyota 7 in B-spec. I can loan you mine if you need it.

yes, im lvl 6 b spec, what lvl can i unlock the toyota 7?

im afraid to borrow cause i read some people lost their cars when sending forever and both sides got nothing, maybe you can backup the save?

Quake1028

Tiduz said:
yes, im lvl 6 b spec, what lvl can i unlock the toyota 7?

im afraid to borrow cause i read some people lost their cars when sending forever and both sides got nothing, maybe you can backup the save?

I'm 21 B-spec and just got it, so a ways off for you. Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Send me a friend request: PSN - TheGloomyPickle

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is there a guide on what car to buy/upgrade for the seasonal events? I want to capitalize them before the first events expire

I'll take GT5's premium cockpits, handling model and then some, but jesus christ, the engine sounds from inside the cockpit are inexcusable. Been playing that other game during a 9 hour Bspec run on Tsukuba and the beefy sound adds another dimension to the driving. Whatever PD did to "improve" the engine sounds, it just wasnt enough. Also, I said it before and I'm saying it again, no Koenigsegg is a criminal oversight. I want the CCGT sooo bad.

I enjoy endurance races, but I don't in GT5. Why I don't? Shitty prize money, 1 time prize only, and shitty ass prize cars.

I think I'll go back to the previous GT soon. Since I don't play online GT3/GT4 is a way better single player experience for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Bonus races are nice, but too goddamn hard for controllers, IMO. A nice middle ground would be a restriction for ALL cars (even the AI) to where the race is close and no "FUCK YOU I'M HALF A LAP AHEAD LOLZ" AI bullshit in addition to pulling that on the AI, but winnable if you drive right/hard.

Grayman

TheSeks said:
The Bonus races are nice, but too goddamn hard for controllers, IMO. A nice middle ground would be a restriction for ALL cars (even the AI) to where the race is close and no "FUCK YOU I'M HALF A LAP AHEAD LOLZ" AI bullshit in addition to pulling that on the AI, but winnable if you drive right/hard.
I didn't like that the GTR one required tuning to still lose.

Why was this thread jettisoned to the ghetto?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Gloomfire said:
I'm 21 B-spec and just got it, so a ways off for you. Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Send me a friend request: PSN - TheGloomyPickle

thx, ill add you tomorrow, not near a ps3 now

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Hey, gaf, what are the best factory-specced drift mobiles? So far the FT86 and the 8C are amazing.

Goldrusher

Wario64 said:
Is there a guide on what car to buy/upgrade for the seasonal events? I want to capitalize them before the first events expire

1. 500 SS '08
- window weight reduction
- sports intake manifold
- custom transmission (140 kph)

2. CR-Z α '10
- window weight reduction, carbon bonnet
- sports intake manifold

3. RX-7 GT-X '90
- rear wing (20)
- catalytic converter sports

4. Challenger '70
- racing air filter
- custom transmission (240 kph)

5. GT-R spec V '09
- weight reduction 3, window weight reduction, carbon bonnet, rigidity improvement
- sports intake manifold
- sports exhaust manifold​

That worked for me.

Seems like most OTs get transfered to Community some time after they're posted when they start attracting only the game's fans or LTTPs. Thus, the "Community" section.

brentech

My Bspec squad been running for like 16hrs now. I usually wake up in the middle of the night and grab a glass of water, so I just started another race. Then woke up again at 8am and started their 3rd endurance. Since my first endurance, my 6th driver has been involved in every race. So now most my drivers are level 22-23, while my first driver is 26 or something.

Baffling how much of the same endurance you have to do just to gain a level, A or B spec. Quickly understand the leveling issue when you open up endurance. "Want to level up?" Play for 4+ hours straight at a minimum.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
avaya said:
Why was it moved?

GAF Policy of six months ago.

Evilore doesn't want game threads cluttering up his HYPE NEW GAME NEWS threads. :/

This is why I stopped playing the game hardcore. The level grind is stupid as is most of the events. A championship in addition to the separate races of that championship. Yes, because I want to race both twice!

Really, if they do a bonus event for B spec that levels you to 30 in one race, I'd be all over that shit.

Did anyone else have trouble with Licence S-8? A lap around Suzuka Circuit. I have done all of the other S Licences, most on first try, but the closet I can get on this is 3rd, 2nd/1st position are miles off!

Goldrusher

S-8 is one of the harder ones, especially the first sector and the final chicane where you should catch the leader.

You should be third after the hairpin and catch 2nd in spoon.

Rflagg

brentech said:
My Bspec squad been running for like 16hrs now. I usually wake up in the middle of the night and grab a glass of water, so I just started another race. Then woke up again at 8am and started their 3rd endurance. Since my first endurance, my 6th driver has been involved in every race. So now most my drivers are level 22-23, while my first driver is 26 or something.

Baffling how much of the same endurance you have to do just to gain a level, A or B spec. Quickly understand the leveling issue when you open up endurance. "Want to level up?" Play for 4+ hours straight at a minimum.
Other then future special events, finishing up some events and maybe golding tests I am pretty much done with A-spec I might not reach 40 8(. I just don't have it in me to do the endurance stuff in A-spec other then maybe the first few. In B-spec I can set the pit stops to 10% and let it run so Bob will reach 40 and complete all endurance stuff.

jett

D-Member
Ehhhh everyone should turn on the "auto-subscribe" option anyway, it makes it much easier to handle this forum.

Top Bottom