• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

brentech

Unfortunately you need to level B-Spec to 25 before endurance unlocks. Once your at that level, it takes a while to gain a B-Spec level, but if you have low level drivers, the races will gain the drivers themselves levels very quickly.

Chris R

Ah ok maybe that was what it was (level up to 25 and then a new driver gains levels quickly)

Speaking of new drivers, how do I get them? I don't like this dudes name and I see slots for 5 more drivers, but don't see any method to get a new driver. Not to mention he sucks, losing in a super powerful car when he should be blowing the field away by 45+ seconds :(

dwebo

Since PD put so much work into the interiors and I was a bit bored, I've gone through nearly every premium model cockpit looking for working clocks and odometers (clearly, these are the most important features when you're just cruising in your lounge around the Nurburgring :D ). I haven't checked most of the Super GTs and NASCARs, though, unless I had either won one or it was in the arcade garage. So, here are the results, as of patch 1.05. "Arcade" means there's one in that garage, so you don't need to buy one if you're a cheapo.

clock + odometer:
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Arcade)
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (Arcade)
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R33) '97
Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88

only clock:
Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (Arcade)
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 (Arcade)
Toyota VITZ RS 1.5 '07

only odometer:
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08
Citroën Citroën C4 WRC '08 (Arcade)
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (Arcade)
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (Arcade)

The Infiniti, Miura, and Maserati have analog clocks, which are nifty, so props to those particular car modelers/programmers. The Miura, Mustang, and Cobra have analog odometers, which are similarly awesome. Most of the other cars have a clock or odometer, but they don't work. There are also some oddities - the GT-R Proto doesn't have a cockpit at all, which is probably a bug since the other GT-Rs share a (likely) identical one; the two Toyota FT-86 concept cars have a map display, though it doesn't display your position; lots of race cars have readouts for lap times but none of them seem to work. And finally, a lot of the dashboards are just low-res blurry messes, which is unfortunate. Hopefully someone else finds this information useful. :lol

Nice info. The Prototype GT-R doesn't have a cockpit because when that car was in the Prologue demo the car wasn't fully shown off to the public and the cockpit had never been seen. It then got unveiled at Tokyo Motor Show and on the same day PD updated the demo with the full version of the car with the cockpit. It was cool!

That was the demo of Prologue btw, not Prologue itself. Japan only iirc

dwebo said:
clock + odometer:
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Arcade)
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (Arcade)
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R33) '97
Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88

only clock:
Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (Arcade)
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 (Arcade)
Toyota VITZ RS 1.5 '07

only odometer:
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08
Citroën Citroën C4 WRC '08 (Arcade)
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (Arcade)
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (Arcade)

The Infiniti, Miura, and Maserati have analog clocks, which are nifty, so props to those particular car modelers/programmers. The Miura, Mustang, and Cobra have analog odometers, which are similarly awesome.

oooh, thanks for that. Whenever I checked a clock in the game, it wasn't working so I just assumed it's the case for all of them (almost made a rant post about it :lol ).
Do they display the real time or the one from the track?

cilonen

So, Historic Cup, Cote D'Azur, B-spec. These are the drivers I have at my disposal...

11uxavo.jpg

Who wins it on his first attempt?

Not Lewis, hes a bit down. Ronnie's better on sweeping open circuits. Fernando's put it into the wall at the chicane after the tunnel so many times it's not funny anymore.

Surely Graham, 5 time Monaco GP winner?

No.

Taki Inoue destroyed everyone on his first try. Epic.

brentech

rhfb said:
Ah ok maybe that was what it was (level up to 25 and then a new driver gains levels quickly)

Speaking of new drivers, how do I get them? I don't like this dudes name and I see slots for 5 more drivers, but don't see any method to get a new driver. Not to mention he sucks, losing in a super powerful car when he should be blowing the field away by 45+ seconds :(
You get more drivers when you hit certain levels in BSpec.
When you click to create the new drivers it brings up the new driver info page; there is 3 buttons on the bottom that let you change 1)name 2)stats 3)uniform.
(maybe not in that order, but that's the gist of it)
If you want to keep the integrity of the driver, you can just close the page and click new driver again so your driver name and stats are all game provided and not just you re-randomizing a certain part. To each their own.

Sarthe at night has beautiful lighting. But it's idiotic that this is the first time I've ever seen nighttime Sarthe on my own tv, I've been playing this game for a month and the game repeatedly decides to give me sunny, daytime rain, or overcast conditions when I've selected the 24hr track. It's like the game wants nighttime on Sarthe and the Ring to elude you.

fabiolrs

Neo Member
Is anyone else getting weird loading glitches on the snow tracks? I was playing the master snow special event (rally), the track loaded with a plain ground, there were no shadows, when I started racing, the background started popping, stuff like grandstands and spectators all started popping, all of a sudden at the middle of the race the sun popped at the middle of the sky and everything got better colors (like if it was being burn by the sun), and all shadows were cast.

Damn PS3 low memory.

Ugh..Ok GAF I'm torn. I have 4.785 million in the bank and just unlocked enduros for aspec. I'm torn on which car to buy, it's either the R10 car or the HDI FAP Puegot. R10 costs 4.7 million while the HDI FAP costs 4 mill. Though for the extra cost if the diesel is modeled correctly I can gain huge advantages in endurance races from less pits but it costs 4.7 mill and I'll be nearly broke. I get the HDI FAP and have more money in the bank, but conversely the R10 seems like the better car....Halp meh GAF!

avaya

Dubbedinenglish said:
Ugh..Ok GAF I'm torn. I have 4.785 million in the bank and just unlocked enduros for aspec. I'm torn on which car to buy, it's either the R10 car or the HDI FAP Puegot. R10 costs 6.7 million while the HDI FAP costs 4 mill. Though for the extra cost if the diesel is modeled correctly I can gain huge advantages in endurance races from less pits but it costs 4.7 mill and I'll be nearly broke. I get the HDI FAP and have more money in the bank, but conversely the R10 seems like the better car....Halp meh GAF!

The Peugeot, it will be faster, you'll be able to pull bigger leads.

-viper-

Banned
avaya said:
The Peugeot, it will be faster, you'll be able to pull bigger leads.
I don't know about that - they're both similar in terms of speed. The R10 handles much, much better too. It hits 230mph easily.

Quake1028

cilonen said:
So, Historic Cup, Cote D'Azur, B-spec. These are the drivers I have at my disposal...

http://i56.tinypic.com/11uxavo.jpg[IMG]

Who wins it on his first attempt?

Not Lewis, hes a bit down. Ronnie's better on sweeping open circuits. Fernando's put it into the wall at the chicane after the tunnel so many times it's not funny anymore.

Surely Graham, 5 time Monaco GP winner?

No.

Taki Inoue destroyed everyone on his first try. Epic.[/QUOTE]

I can't beat that race :(.

fabiolrs said:
Is anyone else getting weird loading glitches on the snow tracks? I was playing the master snow special event (rally), the track loaded with a plain ground, there were no shadows, when I started racing, the background started popping, stuff like grandstands and spectators all started popping, all of a sudden at the middle of the race the sun popped at the middle of the sky and everything got better colors (like if it was being burn by the sun), and all shadows were cast.

Damn PS3 low memory.

I am getting similar glitches.

ashk

Dubbedinenglish said:
Ugh..Ok GAF I'm torn. I have 4.785 million in the bank and just unlocked enduros for aspec. I'm torn on which car to buy, it's either the R10 car or the HDI FAP Puegot. R10 costs 4.7 million while the HDI FAP costs 4 mill. Though for the extra cost if the diesel is modeled correctly I can gain huge advantages in endurance races from less pits but it costs 4.7 mill and I'll be nearly broke. I get the HDI FAP and have more money in the bank, but conversely the R10 seems like the better car....Halp meh GAF!

They both run on diesel so no difference there. If you suppose that the cars are the same speed-wise to their real world counterparts, the 908 should be faster. I myself bought the 908 since I like it more than the R10 (if there was an R15+ I definately would have bought that), so I can't compare it to the R10, but it is a very nice car to drive.

cilonen

-viper- said:
I don't know about that - they're both similar in terms of speed. The R10 handles much, much better too. It hits 230mph easily.

IRL the Peugeot is the much faster car. In qualifying for Le Mans last year they locked out the top four spots. They got owned on reliability last year with none of them finishing; but the 908 made the R10/R15 obsolete in terms of speed.

Audi's new R18 has a similar closed cockpit too now.

Edit: pole for Le Mans was 3:19 something in a works 908. Stunning achievement once you've given it a go in game.

cilonen

Gloomfire said:
Oh I have the car. Still can't beat it on B-spec. Think my current driver is incapable.

It's taken me loads of attempts to beat it. F.Alonso tried when he was on a downer and got 4th, tried again when he was in top form and he came 9th, then T.Inoue aced it on his first try - it's really random.

Sorry, that doesn't help much, but keep trying and you'll get there.

fabiolrs

Neo Member
It's like the one race in the British Lightweights series on B-spec. My driver is incapable of winning that one as well.

Give him anything with 1000+hp, pray he gets past everyone before the first corner and start ordering him to pace down like crazy. He will finish the race with a 10 secs advantage agains Clios and Civics.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hey gang, I've put together an editorial on why Gran Turismo 5 is PSXE's Game of the Year (along with Heavy Rain). I gave a shout out to GAF and GTPlanet. I'll post the link as soon as I put it up.

h3ro

Gloomfire said:
Anyone have a car I could borrow for the German Touring Car in Extreme? I can't find one for the life of me.

I just bought the Lexus ISF Touring Concept. Haven't raced it in the series yet, but it seems like its eligible for it. Looks fantastic in flat black too. :D

not sure where to post this, so here it goes. I can't seem to do any kind of race enhancements to my cars. look at this picture:

GT5DSC01558.jpg

every single car is like that :(

I'm assuming I need to do something first, like reach a certain level or something. it's not mentioned in the manual so I'm totally lost. please someone with more experience than me (this is my first GT game) tell me what I have to do ?_?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
MrBelmontvedere said:
not sure where to post this, so here it goes. I can't seem to do any kind of race enhancements to my cars. look at this picture:

GT5DSC01558.jpg

every single car is like that :(

I'm assuming I need to do something first, like reach a certain level or something. it's not mentioned in the manual so I'm totally lost. please someone with more experience than me (this is my first GT game) tell me what I have to do ?_?

You have to go to the tuning section and actually BUY the mods first and then visit that screen and select the category you want to make changes to (suspension and transmission are the only things you can fine tune).

cilonen

h3ro said:
I just bought the Lexus ISF Touring Concept. Haven't raced it in the series yet, but it seems like its eligible for it. Looks fantastic in flat black too. :D

Yep, this. A mildly tuned IS-F Racing Concept will win that. Fully mod it if you want to dominate. I don't have one handy at the mo though, sorry (I had been selling cars once I was done with them until just recently when I realised you get trophies and items for having more cars in your garage. D'oh)

As for British Lightweights, if you don't have a McLaren handy 'light' is the key. I bought the Elise 111R from the premium dealer, stripped it out completely and modded it as much as possible for my Bob, he won in a couple of tries after that. A modded Caterham Fireblade should also work, although I did try him in a TVR Speed 12 at first... Donut city :lol

Gloomfire said:
It's like the one race in the British Lightweights series on B-spec. My driver is incapable of winning that one as well.

I was trying to finish it with the TVR I had (700+ hp) but best I could do was to come second... tuned another Lotus I had to 200+, set downforce to max and some other tunes in the suspension and managed to pass number 1 in the fourth.

Gloomfire said:
Oh I have the car. Still can't beat it on B-spec. Think my current driver is incapable.

Restart until the other Toyota 7 isn't there, increase downforce to max and hope he is in top 3 after the first corner

Max

I am not Max
Goldrusher said:
5. GT-R spec V '09
- weight reduction 3, window weight reduction, carbon bonnet, rigidity improvement
- sports intake manifold
- sports exhaust manifold[/INDENT]

That worked for me.
I was 12th the whole race with this :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so guys who have X1 and use the save loading trick thingy can someone of you gimme one?

I will
-support your opinions in threads even if they are completely wrong.
-vote for your favorite games in any goty poll.
-put you as my favorite gaffer ever and will call you King of GT and stuff.
-let you beat/kill me in online games if we face each other.
-suck and lick and anything you want( but no freaky stuff please)

...I don't have much time for the game this month but I want that damn beautiful car and I don't want to pay $14 to 19 for it on ebay ( yeah what the hell with that )..damn life :(

h3ro

Surprisingly, like real life, T.Sato has yet to find a wall he doesn't want to mount and make love to.

Also, any GiantBomb fans in here?

B.Schumacher :lol

brentech

So pumped, bout 15min till I can start my last Indy500 required to unlock X1 challenge.
Curious though, what is needed to actually be rewarded the car? Bronze all challenges and stuff like that?

Goldrusher

brentech said:
So pumped, bout 15min till I can start my last Indy500 required to unlock X1 challenge.
Curious though, what is needed to actually be rewarded the car? Bronze all challenges and stuff like that?
iirc

A-spec or B-spec level 30:
- unlocks the Vettel event, then playable at any A-spec level
all bronze: Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel (Red Bull livery)
all silver: Red Bull X2010 (random color)
all gold: Red Bull X2010 Prototype (naked carbon)​

B-spec level 35:
- free Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel (Red Bull livery)

A-spec level 40:
- purchase the car in the dealership for 20 million

h3ro

UFRA said:
F. Massa is my most famous driver. :p

My most experienced driver is W. Schumacher.

I call him Wichael. He's Michael with a twisted mustache and an upside down Ferrari prancing horse on his helmet.

Top Bottom