• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

On a random note... I'm still trying to do the air of experience trophy. The worst part of it is that I didn't realise that every race one of my drivers does puts EVERY driver closer to the end of their career (with associated stat drops). If I wasn't done with bspec other than that I'd be PISSED.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of B-spec, they need to up the EXP. A lot. Fucking levels. :|

Hey, UFRA: Do you happen to have a decent muscle car I can borrow for the Amateur event in B-spec? My Challenger isn't cutting it. :/

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Speaking of B-spec, they need to up the EXP. A lot. Fucking levels. :|

Hey, UFRA: Do you happen to have a decent muscle car I can borrow for the Amateur event in B-spec? My Challenger isn't cutting it. :/

I borrowed a friend's Cuda for that and never seeked another muscle car after that lol.

Just got the DFGT.

When I start up the PS3 or GT5 the wheel spins all the way to the right, to the left, and then back to centre. It's really loud and really really annoying.

Is there any way I can prevent that? It also does that when I turn the PS3 off... is that normal??

Top 5! (In particular order, faves first)

Corvette ZR1 '09 RM
- I didn't have super high expectations for this, but spent the entire bank I had built up early on it anyways, and it is a dream come true. Brilliant to drive.

Formula Gran Turismo- I don't drive it very much myself, but B-Spec Bob does, and this thing had payed for itself 4 or 5 times over. I can drop this into an endurance race and walk away for 9 hours without ever worrying about the outcome.

Corvette Z06 '04- My first real nice car, and I've clocked a lot of hours behind it fooling around.

Ferrari P4 Race Car '67- Most beautiful car in my collection, bar none.

PDI Racing Kart- So much fucking fun!

plainr_

opticalmace said:
Just got the DFGT.

When I start up the PS3 or GT5 the wheel spins all the way to the right, to the left, and then back to centre. It's really loud and really really annoying.

Is there any way I can prevent that? It also does that when I turn the PS3 off... is that normal??

That is completely normal and there is no way around it. It needs to calibrate itself.

The opening event for the NRL will start in about 50 mins, and it seems that we won't have a full grid, so anyone here is free to join:

Opening event!
p7ASB.png

Autumn Ring
Length: 1.83mi/2950m Longest Straight: 0.26mi/425m Elevation Change: 98.4ft/30.0m Corners: 17

The time:
Event over!

How to join:
Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list and join the private lounge.

You just need a stock car (no RM or LM cars allowed) that's 414BHP or under and 1100Kg or over.

Race will last approximately 1 hour. (5minutes for preparations, 10 minutes qualifying, 30 minutes race)

I just ask that you follow these guidelines while on the server:

Server/Racing Etiquette:
  • Server will be a hosted Private Lounge on the PSN account "GT5NRL". Every member needs to add that account to the friends list in
    order to join the lounge.
  • Voice chat will be disabled to save bandwidth.
  • Due to a game bug sometimes players get de-synchronized with the server and become invisible. To fix this problem we ask that during
    the preparation time and before qualifying, when the race organizer says it's time to synch, everyone should enter the race, but NOT go
    into Free Run mode, remain in the pits. We will then see if players are seeing the full grid or not and ask the necessary players to leave
    the track and rejoin until everyone is visible. We also ask that to chat as little as possible during this time to avoid confusion.
  • Be extra careful during the first lap and specially during the first corner. The track will be packed and it's easy to get into a big crash.
    Remember, you'll be ruining the race for someone else as well.
  • If a crash happens, when returning to the track, pay attention to see if someone else is passing and don't go immediately into the typical
    racing line, stay away from it until you gained some decent speed. The same applies when leaving the pits.
  • If you are being lapped by a much faster player, don't move aside to let him pass, he's the one that has to overtake you. This doesn't
    mean however that you should intentionally block him, just keep to your regular driving line.
  • If your car is damaged and extremely slow please move away from the regular driving line to avoid further crashes from faster players.

Also, if you ARE going to participate please add GT5NRL to your FL before 17:50 GMT (10 minutes before it starts). I won't be able to accept invites after that as I will be in my main account.

cilonen

From where I am now in A-spec (1/3 through level 33) it's going to take me 13 Indy 500's to hit 35 and unlock Le Mans. 26 hours in the X1.

Really don't know if I can be bothered.

Dead Man

cilonen said:
From where I am now in A-spec (1/3 through level 33) it's going to take me 13 Indy 500's to hit 35 and unlock Le Mans. 26 hours in the X1.

Really don't know if I can be bothered.
Yeah, I haven't done any of the Endurance races in A spec, and I don't think I will after the first couple.

Angst

Crap, I wanted to participate in the event today but I just read about it. And I can't even just jump in as the dog is nagging me for a walk... :-/ I'll try to be there next race.

Angst said:
Crap, I wanted to participate in the event today but I just read about it. And I can't even just jump in as the dog is nagging me for a walk... :-/ I'll try to be there next race.
if u have gt5nrl on ur fl u can still join. hurry

Antagon

Just got a Alfa Romeo Brera Sky for the festival d'Italia. Car is undriveble, almost seems worse then the top gear elise. Just hitting the brakes makes it spin. Can't believe that the car handles like this in real life.

Dead Man

Antagon said:
Just got a Alfa Romeo Brera Sky for the festival d'Italia. Car is undriveble, almost seems worse then the top gear elise. Just hitting the brakes makes it spin. Can't believe that the car handles like this in real life.
Get a suspension on there and adjust the brake balance too. It's not awesome, but you can make it decent.

Antagon

Dead Man said:
Get a suspension on there and adjust the brake balance too. It's not awesome, but you can make it decent.

Lower brake balance on the rear, higher on the front I guess? Haven't changed it before.

Dead Man

Antagon said:
Lower brake balance on the rear, higher on the front I guess? Haven't changed it before.
Yep. Just nudge it one position at a time, or if it is really touchy, maybe try something like 6/4 and see if you notice a difference. A differential can also help, but if it's only doing it when you brake and not when you coast, then the brakes are the major culprit.

Antagon

Dead Man said:
Yep. Just nudge it one position at a time, or if it is really touchy, maybe try something like 6/4 and see if you notice a difference. A differential can also help, but if it's only doing it when you brake and not when you coast, then the brakes are the major culprit.

Well, sport suspension fixed the braking. Still got terrible oversteer and some pretty bad performance, but I guess a tire change can fix that. If not I'll just pull out my F430 I guess.

Dead Man

Antagon said:
Well, sport suspension fixed the braking. Still got terrible oversteer and some pretty bad performance, but I guess a tire change can fix that. If not I'll just pull out my F430 I guess.
If you have bad oversteer everywhere, increase the rear camber, and adjust the spring rates.

brentech

X-Frame said:
Why does the RM ZR1 have it's speedo in kmh?

Something I always wondered.
Cause the tuning is done by the GT staff. All the RMs state in their description: "This is an original tuned model created by "Gran Turismo", based on the -----(car model)-----".

So they switched it to their own measurement.

cilonen

Psychotext said:
On a random note... I'm still trying to do the air of experience trophy. The worst part of it is that I didn't realise that every race one of my drivers does puts EVERY driver closer to the end of their career (with associated stat drops). If I wasn't done with bspec other than that I'd be PISSED.

Set the ones you're not using to online, that stops it.

h3ro

Matte Yellow or Light/Dark Green anyone?

I'm trying to collect them all and don't have these three. I have lots of stuff I could send over in return. :)

offshore

h3ro said:
Matte Yellow or Light/Dark Green anyone?

I'm trying to collect them all and don't have these three. I have lots of stuff I could send over in return. :)
How many Matte colours are there? I've only got eight.

h3ro

offshore said:
How many Matte colours are there? I've only got eight.

Matt Black
Matte Black
Matte Blue
Matte Brown
Matte Dark Blue

Matte Dark Gray
Matte Dark Green
Matte Dark Red
Matte Dark Silver
Matte Gray
Matte Green
Matte Light Blue
Matte Light Grey
Matte Light Green
Matte Light Red
Matte Light Silver
Matte Orange
Matte Pink
Matte Purple
Matte Red
Matte Silver
Matte White
Matte Yellow
AMG Monza grau magno

Bolded the ones I don't have. Can anybody help out? I can send the other Matte colors over in a trade.

Dead Man

h3ro said:
Matt Black
Matte Black
Matte Blue
Matte Brown
Matte Dark Blue

Matte Dark Gray
Matte Dark Green
Matte Dark Red
Matte Dark Silver
Matte Gray
Matte Green
Matte Light Blue
Matte Light Grey
Matte Light Green
Matte Light Red
Matte Light Silver
Matte Orange
Matte Pink
Matte Purple
Matte Red
Matte Silver
Matte White
Matte Yellow
AMG Monza grau magno

Bolded the ones I don't have. Can anybody help out? I can send the other Matte colors over in a trade.
I think I have the matte greens, it will be a while before I can check though. If I do I'll be happy to trade.

h3ro said:
Matt Black
Matte Black
Matte Blue
Matte Brown
Matte Dark Blue

Matte Dark Gray
Matte Dark Green
Matte Dark Red
Matte Dark Silver
Matte Gray
Matte Green
Matte Light Blue
Matte Light Grey
Matte Light Green
Matte Light Red
Matte Light Silver
Matte Orange
Matte Pink
Matte Purple
Matte Red
Matte Silver
Matte White
Matte Yellow
AMG Monza grau magno

I have matte dark blue, would love a matte white.

h3ro said:

Matte Dark Red sent! Have fun.

I finally hit 20 million this weekend. Ferrari P4 330 here I come!

h3ro

Dead Man said:
I think I have the matte greens, it will be a while before I can check though. If I do I'll be happy to trade.

Sounds good! Let me know if you'd like to trade, I think we're on each others lists from GAF SuperGT.

captscience said:
Matte Dark Red sent! Have fun.

You rock! Thanks bud, lemme know if there is anything I can send off your way.

Heliconsoul, sending a friend request to the PSN ID listed in your profile.

G Rom

After 2+ hours of wait for the 3.56 to download (WTF Sony ?!), I finally got to play GT5. The wait was worth it as this bad boy finally showed up in the used car dealership ! :p

Sunset is such a beautiful time of day to take photos. Too bad the 190E was an ugly standard (even by standard standards... :-D). I ended up taking photos of the track because of that.

BTW, when I tried it on the Nordschleife, I encountered this two times :

5402189093_202ab1c2b3_z.jpg

Roads ? Where we're going, we don't need.. roads ! :-D

PS : The 430 Scuderia might be the best car but the 458 sure beats it in the look !

For those who don't follow the photo sharing thread, you can find the rest of the 458 photos in my post.

UFRA

G Rom you're my favorite GT5 photographer. You manage to get the lighting spot-on every time. Your photos just look so real.

I love that Mercedes you have there. I have the regular version of it, not the touring car version. I really hope the touring car version shows up soon!

UFRA said:
I love that Mercedes you have there. I have the regular version of it, not the touring car version. I really hope the touring car version shows up soon!

My ingame days says 700, and that 190E DTM still hasnt showed up *cries*

I already have the Sauber C9, CLK-GTR, CLK-DTM, and thats the only one missing from my collection :/

fu3lfr3nzy said:

I already have the Sauber C9, CLK-GTR, CLK-DTM, and thats the only one missing from my collection :/

Well... here's your chance :p

4IIZY.png

Tomorrow (31st) is the last day to register a lap time in NeoGAFer in a Reasonably Priced Car challenge for the month of February. Just by setting a lap you'll be eligible to win ANY purchasable Premium car as well as one of over 450+ (and growing) Standard cars. The winner and a random participant will get to choose what car they want and receive it BRAND NEW (or restored :p) at the end of the month.

Everything you need to know here:
NRPC OT

UFRA

fu3lfr3nzy said:

LOL I'm in pretty much the exact situation as you.

My in game days is just shy of 800, and I haven't seen the DTM version of the car yet either.

And I too have those 3 cars you mentioned. Damn I love my Mercedes collection lol.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Tomorrow (31st) is the last day to register a lap time in NeoGAFer in a Reasonably Priced Car challenge for the month of February. Just by setting a lap you're illegible to win ANY purchasable Premium car as well as one of over 450+ (and growing) Standard cars. The winner and a random NeoGAFer will get to choose what car they want and receive it BRAND NEW (or restored :p) at the end of the month.

Everything you need to know here:
NRPC OT
NRPC OT
NRPC OT
Got to fix to: eligible
Also probably change wording on "The winner and a random NeoGAFer" to "and a random competitor". Just for clarity.

This post brought to you by: NRPC OT

h3ro

ErnieMcCracken said:
For those looking for the 190, PM me (PSN - ErnieMcCracken) as I have one w/ 0 miles I could get you.

Sending you a friend request now! :) Been dying to get my hands on that 190DTM!

Let me know if there is anything I could send back or if there is anything you are looking for in particular!

h3ro said:
Sounds good! Let me know if you'd like to trade, I think we're on each others lists from GAF SuperGT.

You rock! Thanks bud, lemme know if there is anything I can send off your way.

Heliconsoul, sending a friend request to the PSN ID listed in your profile.
Cheers Hero, will send the paint when I get home from work (UK based)

Top Bottom