• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

PD removed that Vettel article. I figured that it was supposed to go up after Vettel was confirmed as the champ for this season, so I guess someone just jumped the gun a bit.

Goldrusher

funkystudent said:
so we gonna get a new spec 2/DLC OT?
This isn't a new story or anything, like for example Undead Nightmare (RDR) or Gay Tony (GTA). It's only a bunch of improvements and some DLC tracks & cars.

And if we'd get new OTs for every batch of DLC, every game would have a dozen OTs. Especially EA games.

Mush

Goldrusher said:
This isn't a new story or anything, like for example Undead Nightmare (RDR) or Gay Tony (GTA). It's only a bunch of improvements and some DLC tracks & cars.

And if we'd get new OTs for every batch of DLC, every game would have a dozen OTs. Especially EA games.
Spec II is basically is an expansion pack. I see no reason why it doesn't deserve a new thread.

Mush said:
Spec II is basically is an expansion pack. I see no reason why it doesn't deserve a new thread.
Because people will want to know? Its news at the very least and when it releases people will want to know the details.

Goldrusher

Everyone playing Gran Turismo 5 just received a free X2010 to celebrate Vettel winning his second championship at Suzuka.

And if you manage to do a lap at Suzuka without crashing, you'll get 5 million credits too.
See the Seasonal Events.

5348502556_fc87866b68_b.jpg

amar212

Meisadragon said:
Nah, Spec II feels cooler.
Gran Turismo 5 - Spec II |OT|

This. Besides, what is coming in next few days will require some focus.

Both Spec II and DLC will be thread-worthy, but it would be better to coperate with mods in order to achieive maximum coordination and have everything in one place instead of 5 threads that will certainly popup in next few days.

I vote for classic and informative Spec 2.0 title and clear info how upcoming DLC will also be covered in that thread. Besides, it would be best if this particular thread could be updated in both title and content and returned from Comunity to Gaming to serve as already established destination if possible to negotiate such thing with mods.

Syn23

Dash Kappei said:
GT5 Spec 2 and DLC |OT| E mo' so' KAZzi tua!
Il motivo per cui nei forum italiani tendo a chiamarlo "Lo Yama" piuttosto che "Kaz".

If we could have spoiler tags in thread titles this one would be perfect:
ShortBus said:
GRAN TURISMO 5: SPEC II - Black Cock
pit
s For Everyone!

tusken77

I just collected my X2010. The first thing I did was take it around the Ring. Wow. It's beautiful, ridiculous and cool as hell. Now I'm just admiring the replay over and over. :D

tusken77

dwebo said:
X1 around Suzuka is so much fun, especially on a controller! /s

7GXKz.jpg

What's that button on the far right?

What is that button for? What does it do? What will it give us? I need to know about the button! Tell us about the button!

I've never been so excited about a button before. lol

Mush

Should we be expecting a Spec II debrief on gran-turismo.com in the next day or so? Might detail a few more things we don't know about yet.

spats

tusken77 said:
What is that button for? What does it do? What will it give us? I need to know about the button! Tell us about the button!

I've never been so excited about a button before. lol

push-button-receive-bacon.png

Also, complete X1 mayhem online.

TTG

Great way to start off an even better week for GT5. Personally, I would of liked a ton of experience points(like say to get me from 38 to 40), but I can see how that would be game breaking for anyone at a low level. Also, its' amazing just how out of x1 shape I got. Haven't touched it since getting through the original Vettel challenge, I'm horrible! Oh those days when I didn't have to touch the brake at all through the S turns and could fly through the chicane purely on muscle memory.

Blablurn

is it normal that there are soooo many little install times throughout the match? i thought i already installed a huge chunk, but the game always comes up with a little "installing" info before entering a race or just watching a car.

How bout

Gran Turismo 5 - Spec II |OT| - One step closer to perfection.

offshore said:
You can turn it off in the options/utilities menu if you want though.

Click Stop Installation (or something similar).

I wouldn't recommend it though, it only does it once per file and eventually you get all installed and it helps with the load times.

Angst

GT5 Spec II | OT | We love DLC

You need to make the OT over in Gaming, no reason for GT5 to have to stay in the community second class.

spats

Gran Turismo 5 - Spec II |OT| - The Definitive Best Motoring watching simulator powered by Gran Turismo TV™

Kaz, if you're reading this... there's still time to implement head tracking into GT Life.

offshore

I wonder if Spec II will be a cumulative update.

It would be nice to get my disc back and then go straight to downloading Spec II without doing all those updates first.

amar212

I have just noticed this on the new screens on the official web - it went unnoticed due to hugeness of the RED BUTTON:

M3UJ4.jpg

Blue "i" icon (information) is new and also it seems that GUI will not be actually changed if those screens are reflecting post-Spec 2.0 update (both this screen and the Red Button screen).

3/9 after 45 minutes. *sigh*

amar212 said:
Blue "i" icon (information) is new and also it seems that GUI will not be actually changed if those screens are reflecting post-Spec 2.0 update (both this screen and the Red Button screen).
I'm okay with that, as long as the loading is faster and we get more shortcuts.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
brotkasten said:
3/9 after 45 minutes. *sigh*
Lol. I had to download everything again when my Fat PS3 got Ylod earlier this year. Actually, if you have PS + subscription, it's a lot more convenient. Cloud saves + Automatic updates is a godsend for GT5.

Top Bottom