• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Damaged

ElyrionX said:
People need to shut the fuck up about bikes. Its a DRIVING simulator ffs and its got enough problems for PD to clean up as it is so we certainly don't need any of the devs attention shifting to shitty bikes.

Im a biker myself and i really think bikes in GT5 is a bad idea, the handling of a bike is such a physical experience that i honestly dont think it has ever been done right in a game (the first MotoGP game on the PC being the only one that has come close imo).

GT5 is a great game with just cars, tidy up the loose ends and i will be happy with that

How can I prevent my car from drifting when braking short ahead of curves? I already bought medium hard slicks and a customisable suspension. Setting it down didn't help that much. Except for that it's harder to steer.

I'm driving an AUDI R8 FSI Quattro 09 with around 500hp.

Graphics never fail to impress me. It seems like every new premium car I see, I'm :O faced. Took the R8 on the I-B license and in third person it looked godly, especially when you are braking and go into a shadow, the taillights look photo realistic.

Also London has an absurd amount of detail. Stop and look at the buildings sometime, fuuckk me.

Krakatoa

ElyrionX said:
People need to shut the fuck up about bikes. Its a DRIVING simulator ffs and its got enough problems for PD to clean up as it is so we certainly don't need any of the devs attention shifting to shitty bikes.

Some people prefer Bikes to Cars :D

MidnightRider said:
I never even beat the Bus race.

i always seem to hit the guy in 1st way to hard in the last two corners.

That bus race was a pain in the ass but at least you could see where to make progress. I can't figure out how to even begin with the Lotus it spins out if I apply breaks before the turn if I apply no breaks if I feather the accelerator. Its driving me crazy.

Patrick Bateman said:
How can I prevent my car from drifting when braking short ahead of curves? I already bought medium hard slicks and a customisable suspension. Setting it down didn't help that much. Except for that it's harder to steer.

I'm driving an AUDI R8 FSI Quattro 09 with around 500hp.

Put on some racing softs and some aero parts.

ElyrionX said:
Pretty much. PD should just release one generic bike, like they did with go-karts, so everyone will shut up and they can get back to work.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I wish I had more races to use that in. I actually really like it but it's underpowered compared to some of my other cars so I rarely use it.

Have you done it up so far, if so what bhp is she pushing? I've only purchased racing soft's for her, don't want to pour money into cars till my garage is a bit more stocked.

Firewire said:
Have you done it up so far, if so what bhp is she pushing? I've only purchased racing soft's for her, don't want to pour money into cars till my garage is a bit more stocked.

I haven't driven it in some time so I don't know the exact HP. But, I don't think that it's much more than what the car is at when it's stock.

TheAzRim said:
This game has been out for not even a month now and PD keeps delivering with the updates. I am impressed hopefully this will keep going. It has finally passed GOWIII and Alan Wake as my GOTY.

Anyone want to gift me a car? I am sick at home with a nasty cold I need cheering up. :lol

/begging

What exactly have the updated into the game so far?

Gek54

After about 100 restarts I finally gilded the Top Gear Lotus Challenge using ZERO assists, FU Clarkson!

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I haven't driven it in some time so I don't know the exact HP. But, I don't think that it's much more than what the car is at when it's stock.

I some how figured that not many mod's could be used on it. Was hoping that I can get her into the high 700's though at least, but that seems doubtful. Will have to check it out eventually.

Ainigma

Neo Member
SmokyDave said:
Do it 5 or 6 times. Keep checking your profile page, sooner or later the code will turn up. It took me 5 or 6 attempts.

Thanks, it worked, it appears to only add one grudge per race.

brotkasten said:
Pretty much. PD should just release one generic bike, like they did with go-karts, so everyone will shut up and they can get back to work.

B-Spec mode on the Top Gear track...

51B9cds5HfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LCfiner

Patrick Bateman said:

if you have issues with drifting and losing control, you probably want to adjust your camber and toe angle for the wheels. read the instructions and experiment with some various angles to increase stability (at the expense of cornering ability).

you can also try adjusting brake balance.

LSDs can also help on 4WD cars but i have not experimented with that yet. it's supposed to allow for some big handling changes.

lionelhutz

Has anyone used both the DFGT and the G27? Besides the shifter and pedals, is there a large difference between the two? I'm still debating on a wheel and trying to find the best value.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I spent most of yesterday watching b-spec mode and finally got the zonda-r. Today hopefully I can get through the expert league.
PS3 - It only does everything - it plays itself :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BruceLeeRoy said:
That bus race was a pain in the ass but at least you could see where to make progress. I can't figure out how to even begin with the Lotus it spins out if I apply breaks before the turn if I apply no breaks if I feather the accelerator. Its driving me crazy.

take it easy on the first corner, it really unsettles the car if you storm in there. Back off and feather the throttle into the first gentle left, then straighten up before you brake for the sharp left.

LCfiner said:
if you have issues with drifting and losing control, you probably want to adjust your camber and toe angle for the wheels. read the instructions and experiment with some various angles to increase stability (at the expense of cornering ability).

you can also try adjusting brake balance.

LSDs can also help on 4WD cars but i have not experimented with that yet. it's supposed to allow for some big handling changes.

Thank you!

I'm currently letting my driver do some races. Right now he's lapping some cars in Madrid in the fourth round out of six. I love that dude. :D

nib95

Banned
FFS, in the last thread I learnt that I couldn't just do a HDD swap from my dead PS3. What a shitty system...why on Earth not let people just swap HDD's from system to system?

Now I'm left with no choice but to personally try and fix this piece of shit. Only way for me to retrive the data or risk playing 30+ hours of GT5 all over again, which I don't really fancy doing right now.

paskowitz

lionelhutz said:
Has anyone used both the DFGT and the G27? Besides the shifter and pedals, is there a large difference between the two? I'm still debating on a wheel and trying to find the best value.

I had both the G25 and the DFGT at one point and returned the DFGT. The reason, what is the point of a wheel? To make the game feel more realistic. The DFGT feels like a toy in your hands. It has a very gamepad feel to it. The FFB is great but everything else takes you out of the experience compared to the G25/G27. At time I forget I am playing a game with my G25. I just feels great in your hands. Not to mention its pedals are MILES better than the DFGT's. The DFGT is really a budget wheel. The G25 is actually the best value wheel on the market, considering the high end is something like the 4 figure Frex set up. Find one for $200-$250 and get it. If you do not have the money, wait until you do.

mrklaw said:
take it easy on the first corner, it really unsettles the car if you storm in there. Back off and feather the throttle into the first gentle left, then straighten up before you brake for the sharp left.

Okay Ill try to be more patient. Thanks man.

As a side note after much experimentation. Derezzled from the tron legacy soundtrack mixed into Cut Copy's Ghost Colours is a epic set of music to have while playing GT5.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man I love the GT5 menu screen when you first boot it up.

I love that white cityscape they have with your selected car driving around the freeways and shit :lol I dont know if everyone has this but the CN tower seems to be in it :D

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My fucking B-Spec driver was in 2nd place on the last lap and decided it would be a good idea to go down pit-road which of course is limited to ~45 mph or whatever, so yeah, 12th place. :lol

Lion Heart said:
I love that white cityscape they have with your selected car driving around the freeways and shit :lol I dont know if everyone has this but the CN tower seems to be in it :D

I prefer the one with the animated engine parts. Gorgeous.

Gek54

tapedeck said:
My fucking B-Spec driver was in 2nd place on the last lap and decided it would be a good idea to go down pit-road which of course is limited to ~45 mph or whatever, so yeah, 12th place. :lol

Remember, if you're not first, you're last.

PQ8fd.png

This post was brought to you by the NeoGAF Racing League, in association with Niks

Ok guys, everything is almost ready, registrations will open REALLY soon, like today or tomorrow soon.

How does 404 BHP max and over 1000Kg sound? :D Too powerful? Not powerful enough?

Remember this first league is supposed to be a mid powered cars as chosen by vote.

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
How does 404 BHP max and over 1000Kg sound? :D Too powerful? Not powerful enough?

Remember this first league is supposed to be a mid powered cars as chosen by vote.

450bhp range would bring some nice cars to the party.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ainigma said:
Just tried the Facebook thing to get the Jag, didn't work? Thought I followed the instructions....

Any ideas?

EU only. (You'd think people would read past that part in the OP...)

Gek54 said:
After about 100 restarts I finally gilded the Top Gear Lotus Challenge using ZERO assists, FU Clarkson!

Yay!

The key is to change the brake balance to 10 front and 1 rear.

Goodbye tail happy car!

LCfiner

seattle6418 said:
Yay!

The key is to change the brake balance to 10 front and 1 rear.

Goodbye tail happy car!

I need to try this tonight. i haven't dared try the lotus challenge in about a week for fear of tossing a controller across the room but maybe its time i give it another shot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Fellas fellas..Like a dog that comes back time and time again to eat its own droppings I can't stop returning to this Lotus Top Gear Challenge only to leave with poop in my teeth. How are you guys beating this?

Are you using a controller or wheel?

Metalmurphy said:
Ok guys, everything is almost ready, registrations will open REALLY soon, like today or tomorrow soon.

I say go for 450bhp .

lionelhutz said:

Don't forget the Porsche Carrera Wheel, I've been reading reviews and it seems to be a better wheel than both (just the wheel) with more options to upgrade and fine tune.

Firewire said:
450bhp range would bring some nice cars to the party.
gundamkyoukai said:
I say go for 450bhp .

404 was the closest to the 400 BHP limit that I wanted. But you guys are right. There are some nice cars in the 414-450 range.

But remember, we will allow tunning, even changes during the course of the League, as long ofc, it doesn't go over the regulations, so weaker cars can compete as well if properly tuned. More powerful cars won't have many options in the tuning department.

Metalmurphy said:
404 was the closest to the 400 BHP limit that I wanted. But you guys are right. There are some nice cars in the 414-450 range.

But remember, we will allow tunning, even changes during the course of the League, as long ofc, it doesn't go over the regulations, so weaker cars can compete as well if properly tuned. More powerful cars won't have many options in the tuning department.

What really sucks is that you can't set your gear ratio in this game like the others.
Something else PD needs to patch in .
Someone should tweet Kaz about that .

gundamkyoukai said:
What really sucks is that you can't set your gear ratio in this game like the others.
Something else PD needs to patch in .
Someone should tweet Kaz about that .

I thought you could with the fully customizable transmission kit oO

Gek54

LCfiner said:
I need to try this tonight. i haven't dared try the lotus challenge in about a week for fear of tossing a controller across the room but maybe its time i give it another shot.

That seems like an excessive shift, I will play around with it though. I think I had a much more difficult time keeping it planted when accellerating out of corners.

TheSeks said:
Are you using a controller or wheel?

Wheel.

Also where the hell is the custom soundtrack option? I have been listening to my music on my ipod doc but would rather it come through the receiver. Can't find where to add tracks though.

Top Bottom