• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
paskowitz said:
I had both the G25 and the DFGT at one point and returned the DFGT. The reason, what is the point of a wheel? To make the game feel more realistic. The DFGT feels like a toy in your hands. It has a very gamepad feel to it. The FFB is great but everything else takes you out of the experience compared to the G25/G27. At time I forget I am playing a game with my G25. I just feels great in your hands. Not to mention its pedals are MILES better than the DFGT's. The DFGT is really a budget wheel. The G25 is actually the best value wheel on the market, considering the high end is something like the 4 figure Frex set up. Find one for $200-$250 and get it. If you do not have the money, wait until you do.
Listen to this man for he spekth truthfully.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BruceLeeRoy said:

Oh, can't help there. Donkey Show should show up and help you there. I have a (fresh, within the last 24 hours) Gold Run on the DS3 I was going to upload and post for you. But... :lol

For those who missed it in last thread,

B-Spec Oversteer/Spin/Tank Slapper Fix

Your driver is stupid and can't handle the more powerful MR,FR and RR cars.
Dial in a bunch of understeer.

Equip one level less tires on your fronts than you have in back.

Eg, Sport Medium on front and Sport Soft on back.

This makes a massive difference and haven't had a single spin, even with a level 2 driver in my 458HP 69' C3 Vette.

Edit: the lower front end grip doesn't degrade your handling much since B spec Bob enters corners so conservatively to being with. On high speed ovals further in the B spec it may be a problem but for early low level B spec it is clutch.

TheSeks said:
Oh, can't help there. Donkey Show should show up and help you there. I have a (fresh, within the last 24 hours) Gold Run on the DS3 I was going to upload and post for you. But... :lol

Ahh man thanks for the thought.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
gutterboy44 said:

This makes a massive difference and haven't had a single spin, even with a level 2 driver in my 458HP 69' C3 Vette.
Thank you for this.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Metalmurphy said:
How does 404 BHP max and over 1000Kg sound? :D Too powerful? Not powerful enough?

Remember this first league is supposed to be a mid powered cars as chosen by vote.
Way too powerful for a league opening.

I say 250 - 350 bhp, and a pre-established set of allowed modifications.

GT5 has a fireworks simulator. I'm not sufficiently good command of yet. RT @ accelrr: @ Kaz_Yamauchi feel the effects of fireworks has changed. Are there several types [?] originally

:lol Glad they nailed that instead of the UI

Kaz said:
GT5 has a fireworks simulator. まだ十分に使いこなせていないんですが。 I'm not sufficiently good command of yet.

:lol

*edit* Beaten :/

gutterboy44 said:

Edit: the lower front end grip doesn't degrade your handling much since B spec Bob enters corners so conservatively to being with. On high speed ovals further in the B spec it may be a problem but for early low level B spec it is clutch.

It´s a good solution but it gimps the car.

I´ve had some sucess buying a LSD and setting the initial torque and accel to 60, and changing the roll bars to 7, and also giving 2.0 of camber in the back.

It made G. Van Damme a lot smarter!

I know both solutions take away some of the power, but in most cars having different set of tires just messes up the balance. LSD + suspension will work for most cases, unless it´s a chronic problem like a FR car with confort tires.

paskowitz

gutterboy44 said:
:lol Glad they nailed that instead of the UI

fireworks.jpg
>
iphone-customize-home-screen.png

Obviously!

TheSeks said:
The UI is fine. Stop complaining about it.

I agree, the UI is actually really good imo, and loading times is average, not great not poor. It just takes a few people to make a muck and everyone and their grandma think its true.

elseanio

venturing into B-Spec, so cycled through a few names. Amidst the array of Footballers (specifically Newcastle..) I accidently passed up on B.Willis :( then a couple clicks later, V.Vega popped up :lol

TheSeks said:

The G in the GUI might be ok, it looks fine. But the flow and efficiency is dreadful and has been for ages. I could vastly improve it in about 2 hours of brainstorming and the rest would be just programming.

It was fine for maybe GT2, but they have fucked the UI bus game after game.

Simple change with huge benefits #1 - Ability to purchase different tires for your car from the event menu! My god!

Simple change #2 - Have a quick select option in tuning menu where you see a full list of all items with check boxes, items that can't be purchased are grayed out. Check all boxes of items you want, running total cost at bottom. Select all option. Then click "Purchased and Equip Now"

I would have about 15 extra days to my life if that second option had been included since GT1.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I havent seen the fireworks yet.

TheSeks said:

Any UI that don't allow you to skip transitions-animations is not fine.

Also, tuning shop is only through main menu. So realizing that you need another tires for a race means go back to main menu, go to tune shop, buy tires, back to the main menu, go again to A-Spec, to the cathegory, selecting the cup and then the race.

Is there a benefit to leveling up multiple B-spec drivers at once or should I focus just on one? I am just now getting into the B-spec part of the game and actually enjoying it. Not sure if losses matter, my driver is not the most consistent guy. He is either going nuts and fishtailing around corners one race and then the next he will be afraid to pass somebody :lol . Anyhow, any tips on b-spec would be great!

BeeDog

Had a million credits, figured I'd blow it on some car so settled for the race mod ZR1. This shit's beastly, whoa. A bit hard to handle for me since I'm used to the SLS AMG Stealth, but it's still fucking amazing.

lionelhutz

KingOfKong said:
Is there a benefit to leveling up multiple B-spec drivers at once or should I focus just on one? I am just now getting into the B-spec part of the game and actually enjoying it. Not sure if losses matter, my driver is not the most consistent guy. He is either going nuts and fishtailing around corners one race and then the next he will be afraid to pass somebody :lol . Anyhow, any tips on b-spec would be great!

You're going to need more racers as you progress to the higher events, but I find you can level new drivers really quickly if you start them in Pro sereies events. They won't win, and will spin out everywhere, but they will level pretty quickly since the events are worth a lot of XP.

Also, equip the best tires you can for the event. I try not to spend too much on their cars, but I usually add a few mods (racing filter, ECU, tires if needed, and the first weight reduction stage) and that's usually enough to help them win once they gain a few levels.

brentech

donkey show said:
And like I mentioned in OT1, A. Bigot just joined my B-Spec racing crew. I don't think S. Combs (Diddy) is going to be too keen to that. :lol
lol, I can't believe some of these names that are cropping up.

lionelhutz said:
You're going to need more racers as you progress to the higher events, but I find you can level new drivers really quickly if you start them in Pro sereies events. They won't win, and will spin out everywhere, but they will level pretty quickly since the events are worth a lot of XP.

Also, equip the best tires you can for the event. I try not to spend too much on their cars, but I usually add a few mods (racing filter, ECU, tires if needed, and the first weight reduction stage) and that's usually enough to help them win once they gain a few levels.

Cool, thanks for the tips! Other then OCD reasons, does it really matter if your b-spec drivers start racking up losses? I notice on a the GTA forums that some people get really OCD with their drivers records and shut the race off (in order to avoid the loss) and maintain their "flawless" win/loss ratio (they should patch that btw). Didn't know if losses affect anything.

Arex

Just won the Furai with 'gran turismo gun metal gray' color, looks so cool!

What color did you folks get? I can't seem to color change mine, I've seen white one on the used car section, pretty sexy <3

conman

Too much thread here to find this easily:

What's the final word on damage modeling in A-Spec mode? I thought it was supposed to unlock ~level 20, but still no sign of it. Also, there were rumors of mechanical damage unlocking even further in the game. Any absolute confirmation on this stuff? Or are we all still just guessing?

Patrick Bateman said:
Wut? How can you change that? I couldn't find that option.

In the races that don´t let you adjust that, you have to change it with the RA functions. I mapped those on my wheel, i don´t know if you can do it on a DS3.

If you go into options, and controle settings, you will see "RA functions" there.

It´s real time adjustment.

You can change TCS, ASM, Brake bias and a couple more. Every car that´s tail happy under braking needs to have a strong change on the brake balance, that´s why i went with 10 and 1.

I decided to use those functions because PD slapped a stupid and unrealistic stability control on the Nascar professional challenges. I couldn´t stand the car automatically braking on superspeedways like daytona, so i mapped those settings to turn off ASM.

I don´t think it´s possible to gold those Nascar events without changing this setting. After the change, it´s a breeze.

lionelhutz

KingOfKong said:
Cool, thanks for the tips! Other then OCD reasons, does it really matter if your b-spec drivers start racking up losses? I notice on a the GTA forums that some people get really OCD with their drivers records and shut the race off (in order to avoid the loss) and maintain their "flawless" win/loss ratio (they should patch that btw). Didn't know if losses affect anything.

I don't think it impacts the driver. Their mood seems to change regardless of wins or losses.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
OT2, damn was pretty fast. Still need Formula GT car for that one race. Damn you used car lot!

mehdi_san said:
A few more questions from Yamauchi's Twitter:

Q1. Can we have bikes in GT5?
A. It's wouldn't be difficult to do technologically speaking, if there's a very strong demand, we could consider it maybe.

Q2. Can we have time control (fast-forward and rewind) in replay mode, it would be easier to take pictures this way?
A. I think so too.

Q3. How do you play GT5?
A. I use DFGT and controller (but I switched to analog stick)

Someone also seemed angry about the cars with the texture under the chassis from a miniature car. Yamauchi said something about old models that were created with the help from people at Autoart (a miniature car company I guess?)

I'm more excited about the replay feature than bikes.

Melfice7 said:
OT3 by the end of the year :>

I wouldn't be surprised seeing how quickly OT1's run was.

Omiee

lol i was scared, i have this page bookmarked well the other thread, and i wanted to post a reply but the button was gray so i thought shit why did i get banned lol, untill i reached last page and saw it was closed.:lol

anyhow i finally got the formula gt from somebody so i will be trying those races out today.
any tips for me

EDIT: btw what was in the patch..?

expy

Banned
Omiee said:
lol i was scared, i have this page bookmarked well the other thread, and i wanted to post a reply but the button was gray so i thought shit why did i get banned lol, untill i reached last page and saw it was closed.:lol

anyhow i finally got the formula gt from somebody so i will be trying those races out today.
any tips for me

EDIT: btw what was in the patch..?
What's the FGT required for? Extreme races? I did 'like the wind' already and obtained that Toyota race car.

Top Bottom