• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

SLB1904

Banned
AIzV3dq.jpg

Damn I missed to Toyota. I wanted to click in the middle 😩

Certinty

Wow I didn’t realise this game had missions just like GT Sport. The missions in that game were so much better than the boring usual races. Crazy amount of content in GT7!

Inviusx

Tried out online lobbies for the first time. I'm actually surprised that it's worse than Sport.

You can't change the track or lobby settings once it's setup, you need to abandon the entire lobby.

You can't kick players.

You can't see detailed information on the other people in the lobby, just their car and their DR/SR. Sport had a Member Info tab which displayed everyone's settings/assist etc.

You can't save room settings as a present. So every time you create lobby you need to select everything again from scratch.

You can't choose qualifying as an option anymore. Only Free Run, Practice and Race.

I can't believe they considered this good enough for release. They need to add this stuff back in asap or those of us who move to online after the campaign is done will drop this game and go back to Sport. What a shame!

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Anyone else notices the frame rate dip a bit once you enter brand central and need to select an area?

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Just playing the game for the first time using the 3D pulse headphones and it’s amazing how immersive it is. I’ve grimaced a couple of times because of the clunking noises I hear when going over a kerb a bit too quick.

Markio128

Gold Member
AIzV3dq.jpg

Damn I missed to Toyota. I wanted to click in the middle 😩
I collected the Corolla during one of the Sunday cups. I do love the classic Japanese cars - I’m just sad that there is no Mitsubishi FTO in the game. I’ve had to console myself with the GTO 😂

Markio128

Gold Member
Just tried my first Mission race (The Pass) and managed to snag a gold. The best part is that there is a friends leaderboard. Well actually, the best part is that I am currently top 😂

If anybody would like to add me as a friend to compete on the leaderboards please feel free to add me: MarkyUK

clem84

Gold Member
Those 3 "music" races you do while waiting for download to complete... The first two weren't too bad. Getting gold in the 3rd one was brutal. It took everything I had but I eventually did it. 5.34 m. exactly.

Markio128

Gold Member
I don’t have music on during the races, but some of this menu music is brilliant - just sat here with my headphones on, nodding my head to what I can only describe as classical music in a Reggae stylee 😂

Type_Raver

I ended up getting a 25th anniversary digital code at half price of the physical copy; happy with that.
But man 114GB and its still downloading...

However 1M credits and a full garage of awesome cars await!

What i'd love to see, is a comprehensive wheel compatibility with the game. Particularly with wheels not officially supported, if there are work around to get them going?
Sux that my Logitech G27 wont work.

[PS4 version for my Pro, playing at 1080p]

benzy

Tried out online lobbies for the first time. I'm actually surprised that it's worse than Sport.

You can't change the track or lobby settings once it's setup, you need to abandon the entire lobby.

You can't kick players.

You can't see detailed information on the other people in the lobby, just their car and their DR/SR. Sport had a Member Info tab which displayed everyone's settings/assist etc.

You can't save room settings as a present. So every time you create lobby you need to select everything again from scratch.

You can't choose qualifying as an option anymore. Only Free Run, Practice and Race.

I can't believe they considered this good enough for release. They need to add this stuff back in asap or those of us who move to online after the campaign is done will drop this game and go back to Sport. What a shame!

Looks like they have some fixes planned. PD even made a new twitter profile dedicated to the online mode.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve been playing this all day and I can tell I’ll be enjoying this for a long time. The best looking racing game of all time and the instant loading is awesome compared to GT 5 & 6.

I started out playing with the triggers for accelerating and breaking but after an hour or two my fingers kinda start to hurt (I grip it kinda tight I guess) so I switched back to using X/O.

GOTY!

Inviusx

Looks like they have some fixes planned. PD even made a new twitter profile dedicated to the online mode.

I'm glad they acknowledged it atleast. I'm not quite ready for online yet so hopefully by the time I'm there things have been improved.

Jorav

Finally picked this up. Combined install and update download took hours lol. But i'm loving the chill vibe of it all instead of the in your face FH series. Lots of polish and now to throw myself into license tests. i love em.

lem0n

Has anyone fiddled with the livery editor much yet? Im working on a replica paint job and can’t for the life of me figure out how to just mirror what I’ve created so far on the one side of the car to the other.

MDSLKTR

I started out playing with the triggers for accelerating and breaking but after an hour or two my fingers kinda start to hurt (I grip it kinda tight I guess) so I switched back to using X/O.

GOTY!
Man I want to switch to the classic cross/square layout but the triggers are too good

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This is an incredibly addictive game, far more than some of the earlier GTs

Goes to show you how important the campaign and presentation is. Lack of loading is crucial too

Totally has that “just one more race…” feel to it

Totally. This game would be perfect for a handheld!

I even switched my PS5's power settings so it's always on standby so I can quickly jump into a race whenever I have few minutes to play.

Cohetedor

Made it through menu 19 and game glitched, won't show as complete and go to number 20. Guess I have to start all over? Anybody else have a problem with it not progressing to the next menu?

molly14

The sound is incredible using the headphones with 3d audio on.

They have really nailed it this time,the more powerful cars really growl at you it feels like they are inside your head,moving around :messenger_grimmacing_mindblowing stuff.

Bragr

Banned
I'm a little bit disappointed.

- It's not as much like the older entries as much as I would like, they do what Forza Motorsport does, they throw cars at you, back in the days you had to race a lot and save money to be able to buy anything, now you get a car gifted at every turn. It diminishes the "car RPG" campaign that I was looking for.
- The outside camera bobs with the car, making it look odd, the inside cam is the only one worth using.
- The cafe is a bad way to give you missions.
- They are still using too much of that jazz soundtrack that no one likes. The soundtrack used to be such a big deal in GT.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Dang, I was using controller and I've heard it's much easier with a wheel. I ended up turning on Active Stability and turning off Countersteering Assistance. Either way, fuck that test lol
Small tip. Turn on demo ghost and set offset to - 0.1 seconds. Then just follow whatever the ghost is doing. It makes these tests much easier.
It was pretty much just A-9 that gave me trouble. The rest wasn't all that hard. Curious about the other licences. Gonna try the offset.

Inviusx

- It's not as much like the older entries as much as I would like, they do what Forza Motorsport does, they throw cars at you, back in the days you had to race a lot and save money to be able to buy anything, now you get a car gifted at every turn. It diminishes the "car RPG" campaign that I was looking for.
- The outside camera bobs with the car, making it look odd, the inside cam is the only one worth using.
- They are still using too much of that jazz soundtrack that no one likes. The soundtrack used to be such a big deal in GT.

The amount of cars you get from the Cafe is pretty wild. I'm at 60 cars now in my collection and I've only purchased two of them myself, the Mazda Demio and a Ford Raptor both of which were required as per the missions.

Data Ghost

I’m not too far into it yet but here are my observations so far:

- Some people have mentioned that it’s sterile, and I get that comment based on the initial couple of races in very slow cars. But it does liven up a lot once you get the better cars. It’s not FH5 though and you have to remember it’s a different approach to racing.

- Someone mentioned that the camera bobs with the car in the external view. I noticed this and it’s very weird feeling. It feels fixed to the car by an invisible selfie stick. I hope they change this.

- The presentation and polish is excellent and it all feels so classy and premium.

- The haptics through the controller are excellent. I have also switched on the motion controls which I thought I would hate but I am finding it much easier to steer in small smooth increments over the thumb stick.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I do agree to a certain extent. Yes I was looking forward to purchasing a shit car, gradually buffing it and winning some cash with it, and then buy something nicer like an Impreza or something and move on. This game throws a lot of cars at you for completing tasks. On the flip side you'll likely have something suitable for the online races.

There wasn't quite anything like winning the first cup in GT1, then buying the used GTO. Who didn't lol.

The soundtrack is killer. I like the dubstep stuff etc. The jazz is okay when reading museum pieces I guess.

Top Bottom