• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Anyone else getting this error when uploading to YouTube through PS5
ARjNQbf.jpg

Certinty

Did they make the gold circuit experience times a lot harder in this than GT Sport or is it just me? I breezed to all golds on Sport and on this i’m finding the first track I’ve picked (Willow Springs) a lot harder than anything I did on that.

IDK why, but I can't ever get it up for any of the Forza series. I think it's the lack of license tests as dumb as that sounds. That is one of the joys of this game for me: thinking about car balance and how the hell do I eke out 5 thousandths of a second to get gold. It's like a boss fight from when video games were hard 30 years ago.

Markio128

Gold Member
The game is just such a massive timesink. Escapism at its finest! There is always something to do or to discover and it culminates in a wonderful flow.
I feel the same about it. It’s so well put together - the way that the game introduces you to new features, races and cars - that there is barely any pause between these elements, and the music, for me, compliments it all brilliantly.

Markio128

Gold Member
IDK why, but I can't ever get it up for any of the Forza series. I think it's the lack of license tests as dumb as that sounds. That is one of the joys of this game for me: thinking about car balance and how the hell do I eke out 5 thousandths of a second to get gold. It's like a boss fight from when video games were hard 30 years ago.
FH5 is super impressive, but, for me, the amount of freedom it allows a player sort of dilutes the experience. I never once found myself really enjoying the racing itself, or trying to master a particular track, and the game was always trying to push me towards the next thing to do on the map. But, we are very lucky as gamers to have such amazing choice.

SkylineRKR

So does sport mode suck or do I have a streak of bad luck?

One race, high speed ring. I am faster, I can only take the outside of a long bend. The guy on the inside grinds me into the rail, he flies away and I lose 3 positions. No penalty whatsoever. I am fairly positive this would've been penalized in GTS. I'd much rather have FH5's crash predictions.

Next race, I have a good start from the 12th position or so. Some guy in front, I could never see or react to it, apparently stood still. I bump him, and I am dead last. Why the fuck is someone who is standing still in the first place, and why is he not ghosting? I exited because there was little reason to continue.

Unknown?

I’m not too far into it yet but here are my observations so far:

- Some people have mentioned that it’s sterile, and I get that comment based on the initial couple of races in very slow cars. But it does liven up a lot once you get the better cars. It’s not FH5 though and you have to remember it’s a different approach to racing.

- Someone mentioned that the camera bobs with the car in the external view. I noticed this and it’s very weird feeling. It feels fixed to the car by an invisible selfie stick. I hope they change this.

- The presentation and polish is excellent and it all feels so classy and premium.

- The haptics through the controller are excellent. I have also switched on the motion controls which I thought I would hate but I am finding it much easier to steer in small smooth increments over the thumb stick.
You can adjust the camera in settings so it's not so rigid.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You can adjust the camera in settings so it's not so rigid.

Nothing seems to help. It's the worst chase camera in any modern racer. It looks like the entire world is turning and your car stays in one place. I don't know what they were thinking.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Nothing seems to help. It's the worst chase camera in any modern racer. It looks like the entire world is turning and your car stays in one place. I don't know what they were thinking.
Push both sliders to the left. Makes a huge difference compared to having both on the far right.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Push both sliders to the left. Makes a huge difference compared to having both on the far right.

I've tried it. It's still utterly shit. I fired up FM7 and while the game itself is miserable, the chase camera is just perfect. The way you can look around your car from any angle is also very nice.

Unknown?

What are you talking about? Moving the sliders makes it exactly like GT3 camera where it's fluid and not always fixed to the back. Not that I care, I like them both.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
What are you talking about? Moving the sliders makes it exactly like GT3 camera where it's fluid and not always fixed to the back. Not that I care, I like them both.

Yes, moving sliders to the left makes it better than default setup. It's still shit compared to other games. Not that it's a big deal as playing in cockpit view is the way to go. Better sound and better sense of speed. I just like to change it to chase view from time to time on a long straight to look at the car.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I just had my first hard crash to system menu after completing Pan-American championship. Race 2 and race 3 progress lost. What's the point of having an always online game if it can't even save after each race. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The UI and loading times make this game even more addicting.

You can literally just keep jumping into what you want instantly and it honestly just keeps you hooked to a point where you lose track of time.

Dare I say it, this has the best UI I’ve ever come across in a game.
That’s my biggest gripe about the game at the moment. All those things added up as you said, where you can multitask so effortlessly in this game and before you know it…

It’s 330 in the morning and you ask yourself where the last 4 hours went, 😂

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The UI and loading times make this game even more addicting.

You can literally just keep jumping into what you want instantly and it honestly just keeps you hooked to a point where you lose track of time.

Dare I say it, this has the best UI I’ve ever come across in a game.

Yep and the UI is great because it keeps changing up the songs and has these great transitions between areas, it really makes the game come alive.

It's a really welcoming experience hearing multiple versions of clair de lune show up while I'm browing through my cars lol

They took the biggest con I had with prior GTs like GT5 and turned it into a major plus. Without the presentation, the game feels very basic and dead in comparison to what we have here. I hope they keep expanding this concept in the future

Fatbody

Can you turn off those talking heads? I come to GT for cars and chill music. I don’t want to be talked to death by random stranger faces

Bought a used pro and the GT Fanatec wheel to play GT7. all rigged and ready to go and i manage to break the Fanatec pedal port right before playing....

So had to buy a g29 wheel, game feels great and im enjoying it so far. not played more than 1 hr yet, really looking forward sinking more time into it.

iorek21

It's so fucking fun to buy some old-ass car and turn it into a speed beast.

I want to turn the Beetle into a high end car.

Tuning something from the 1910s would also be fun.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Can you turn off those talking heads? I come to GT for cars and chill music. I don’t want to be talked to death by random stranger faces
No, but most of it is optional so the chances of you being talked to death or 0.

Aenima

I said to myself that im only suposed to do around 42km per day in GT7 to do the daily workouts so i can finish Elden Ring, today already made 280km :D
One of the missions i unlocked is a drift mission so was the perfect time to test out how this game handles drifting, and it feels amazing, so much better than GT Sport.

And now lets take a pic in Iceland.

009aa97faa5b3cd4c8f75d08cb664ebd_photo.webp

Forsete

I said to myself that im only suposed to do around 42km per day in GT7 to do the daily workouts so i can finish Elden Ring, today already made 280km :D
One of the missions i unlocked is a drift mission so was the perfect time to test out how this game handles drifting, and it feels amazing, so much better than GT Sport.

And now lets take a pic in Iceland.

009aa97faa5b3cd4c8f75d08cb664ebd_photo.webp
Y helo thur.

GwYK8TE.jpg

b6Cxins.jpg

Beautiful game.

How much worse does the game look on this video vs the actual game running on an OLED?

Watching that YouTube video on my TV makes it look like a PS3 game.
I’m playing on PS5 on a 1080p plasma and it looks damn impressive. I was worried it’d be a bit “held back” by being cross gen but I haven’t felt that at all playing. I was a very avid player of GT Sport and played a few times a week, and for me the differences are quite obvious.

One thing that annoys me are the PlayStation fanboys on Twitter, who are the absolute worst, going crazy about how “Amazing this game looks on PS5”

Am I missing something? Looks like a PS4 game with 60 fps. Forza 7 looks better and that game is 5 years old.
Personally I’m really impressed by it. I think the difference to be is obvious cos I came from playing GT Sport a lot to GT7 and could immediately tell the differences. Objectively I think it’d a pretty good looking game.

Aenima

Trying out the OG drift car

Great run. Suzuka short circuit is also my drift playground. Waiting to find the Sprinter Trueno AE86 in the used cars dealer to go Initial D in Suzuka. :D
I love the tunning in this game so much, and how the cars sound after tunned. Then just need to git gut at drifting.

Fox Mulder

Forza Motorsports doesnt do anything to teach new players anything or how to improve to get off assists. The licenses and circuit experience in gran turismo are great.

Top Bottom